It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barr Thinks Obama Spied on Trump! - developing

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle
That isn't what he said. He said there was spying. He feels obligated to investigate to find out if it was legal.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think people are getting too excited. He was super ultra careful to make sure he left himself an out for this to lead nowhere. That way if it becomes too dangerous he can back out, same with if backing out becomes lucrative enough to sell out.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

He is not going to walk back the fact that the former administration spied on its political rival.
That actually happened in our country.
There is not way barak did not know about it.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

He was obscure on who, when, and how. He left completely open to it even being legitimate legal spying. He was very careful with his wording.

He did not expressly confirm anything other than him thinking spying occured and he's openning an investigation to look into it.

That leaves him open to pretty much any conclusion including no spying as he only 'thinks' it occured.

I hope these criminals are prosecuted and convicted. They've been slippery every other time though and he left things too open for me to have any faith in another investigation leading anywhere.

I'm just cautioning everyone's optimism lest they end up having the same egg on thier face they are bragging about the other side having.
edit on 4/10/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
"I think spying did occur."

— Attorney General Bill Barr

For a sitting AG to say that to congress is unprecedented.
The former administration authorized the IC to spy on its political rivals.
While it may have occured previously, having the highest leo in the land confirm publicly that it occured is crazy.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

He didn't confirm anything. He said THINK. That word was not chosen by accident and it wasn't mispeach or him lacking the vocabulary to use that word properly.

Look I'm not your enemy. I'm on your side.
Please listen and understand why I'm telling you to excercise caution. There was definite lawyer speak going on there. That word was carefully chosen and it has the purpose I said. To protect him and leave his options open legally.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Oh yea
Cause AG's say that all the time,
Poo Poo it all you like
Does not change the fact that a sitting AG told congress that he thinks the former administration authorized spying on its political rivals during an election

what was it that tricky dick did again?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Whatever throw caution to the wind. When it has the same result of every other investigation involving these high profile people don't tell me I didn't tell you so.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

No caution anywhere
The former admin spied on its politcal rivals, LEGALLY OR ILLEAGLY

Either way it is quite disgusting
Either way Barak had to know about it

Even if it is "LEGAL" is it still a stinking pile of crap
Especially when the special council found NO COLLUSION between the trump campaign and russia

One would think the standard would be so high that if spying were to occur and be authorized it would result in charges.
Somehow that DID NOT HAPPEN
edit on 10/4/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

he's known for a long time but his predecessors didn't have the guts to do anything

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The people engaging in this hypersensitive quibbling are effectively going on record in defense of using the power of American intelligence agencies to spy on a domestic political campaign in the United States.

Whether that was done legally or illegally has yet to be determined, but with this, the Democratic Party is collectively taking full public ownership and responsibility for what happened.

Time will tell if that's a good idea or not, but based on what's been disclosed so far, it seems unwise.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

LOL this is good - CNN consider Clapper the "Director"

An ex-spy now being paid by CNN.

edition.cnn.com...

(CROSSTALK) LEMON: Well, director, he made the assertion. He made the assertion and then he back tracked saying well, it's just his suspicion, which is -- which I thought as a, you know, as one of the chief law enforcement officers in the country, that was odd.

CLAPPER: Well, and to say so publicly in that form. And again, if he had suspicion or concern about it, it seems to me, that's something he should have determined or asked about, certainly the first week he was in office.

LEMON: By that point though, right -- but what I just mentioned when he said it -- there were already a bunch of headlines. The attorney general says that Trump campaign was spied on. Too little, too late for the clarification I would imagine. Do you think that was the point?

CLAPPER: Well, absolutely. The damage was done. I mean, that statement will be picked up, amplified by Fox News and everybody else. I think it really does a disservice, which is, you know, we've got a mountain of that already, a disservice to the FBI.

LEMON: So,Director, if --

(CROSSTALK)

CLAPPER: The other way -- one point I need to make, Don, here --

LEMON: Yes.

CLAPPER: -- is which is important to me is, you know, with all this distraction, we are losing site here of the threat posed by the Russians. That's how this all started. Was what the Russians were doing to meddle in our political processes?

And to the extent that anyone in the Trump camp was under surveillance, it was a factor of their association with Russians who were validated intelligence targets. And that's what concerned us before the end of the last administration. Why all these meetings with Russians?

So, I think -- I would argue that the FBI would have been derelict had they not at least looked into this. And indivertibly with counterintelligence investigations they try to be as discrete as possible, limit the exposure as much as they possibly can and also be careful about who they talk to about it until they know who is, who might be complicit or not.

LEMON: I want you to watch this,Director, because it's really surprising. Barr doesn't seem to know a key detail about the investigation. Watch this."

In other news yesterday I had a chat with a Doctor of Philosophy about the merits of vaccinations, today I can god around saying a "doctor told me Vaccines don't work."

edit on 11-4-2019 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2019 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: formatting

edit on Thu Apr 11 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join