It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barr Thinks Obama Spied on Trump! - developing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Per News.Trust.org

WASHINGTON, April 10 (Reuters) - Attorney General William Barr said on Wednesday U.S. intelligence agencies engaged in spying directed at the 2016 presidential campaign of Donald Trump and that he would look at whether the surveillance was undertaken legally.

"I think spying did occur," Barr told a Senate hearing. "But the question is whether it was adequately predicated and I am not suggesting that it wasn't adequately predicated. ... I am not suggesting those rules were violated, but I think it is important to look at that. And I am not talking about the FBI necessarily, but intelligence agencies more broadly.

"I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal - it's a big deal." (Reporting by Sarah N. Lynch and Doina Chiacu; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)

Link to Tweet of Barr Video: CSPAN

That's it, folks! This is from the Attorney General!

Do you think Obama will be charged with Treason?
edit on 10-4-2019 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
No

Thou Shalt not charge black Jesus.

link   

originally posted by: TempterDo you think Obama will be charged with Treason?

I wish. But he got away with Kenya, he will get away with this.

link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
No

Thou Shalt not charge black Jesus.

Lest you forget, Jesus was crucified.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Even though its been out there for awhile, everyone in the liberal media is going ballistic because the AG confirmed that spying did occur.

CNN is calling it a "far right wing conspiracy theory".

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Even though its been out there for awhile, everyone in the liberal media is going ballistic because the AG confirmed that spying did occur.

I agree that this has been known for some time, but now we have the AG saying this. IMO the AG can't make a claim like this without prosecuting or attempting to prosecute.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Well, he's a quick one, isn't he? He sure figured that out pretty fast. This will be surprising news to everyone!

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: carewemust

I agree that this has been known for some time, but now we have the AG saying this. IMO the AG can't make a claim like this without prosecuting or attempting to prosecute.

There are now three teams investigating. Barr divulged yesterday that he's formed a group of investigators.

Some of the redactions in the Mueller Report will be related to these "ongoing investigations".

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

He just saying what everybody else has been thinking. It is politics run a muck.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So, Trump was correct.
Remember when he said it, all the people who said he was lying. I do believe Comey lied about it too.

Incredible news. The sitting govt led by a Democrat president spying on the opposition Republican party during an election.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Obama's administration spied on the United citizens, government, and foreign government allies and enemies .

What's new? Remember Snowden? Assange? Those dirty secrets they revealed about the extent of the tools and tactics we use to spy, those are still in effect.

We just got a couple of wars and terrorist cells to keep us occupied in the interim .

we know Obama administration spied. People acting shocked have just drank too much of the water . They know that shock will dissipate in the next click.

They know this news is just for 'today', simply because a redacted report might be actually released and would still be damaging to trump. ...

Its just counter bombshell equivalent to "look over there, quick!"

Acting shocked keeps the brain numb, since we know the American people never took to protest the streets in the name of better government, like other first world countries do.

So Obama spied? People are pissed? Maybe... so what? Nothing will be done. So what? Shady people around trump, Madame(s) and mistresses, USB malware at mar a lago, indictments, no taxes returns, big woop.. Benghazi...yawn**

As long as we have a new blockbuster every month and a mass shooting every 3; we'll keep being shocked.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So Barr stated the obvious... great. It's about damn time!

The greater question is why it has taken so long?

I'm not getting excited about anything yet. Talk is cheap. Investigations can be compromised. Secret deals can be made. We'll see what happens.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Thinks... do these guy not read the news.

Of course they did, it was in the news back in 2016.

www.vanityfair.com...

β€œThe President has directed the Intelligence Community to conduct a full review of what happened during the 2016 election process,” Homeland Security adviser Linda Monaco told reporters Friday morning,

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Do you think Obama will be charged with Treason?

He and Hillary as well!

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

"I think spying did occur," Barr told a Senate hearing. "But the question is whether it was adequately predicated and I am not suggesting that it wasn't adequately predicated. ... I am not suggesting those rules were violated, but I think it is important to look at that. And I am not talking about the FBI necessarily, but intelligence agencies more broadly.

Good. I hope Mitch McConnel gets called out for threatening Obama, that he would accuse the Obama Administration of election tampering if they made public the fact that Russia was interfering in the election.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Fella - the AG just told the world that the the Trump campaign was being spied on. That should bother you - whether it's new news or confirmation of a very serious allegation.

You seem to have jumped straight to a conclusion that it's a conspiracy between Barr and Trump to minimise details of a report that has already exonorated the President of any crime.

Get ready - because it seems like the real truth is seeping out and you are not going to like it. I guess you could always claim a conspiracy.
edit on 10/4/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
One statement from AG Barr and many people are on a shake&shimmy binge 😎

The DAY is coming 😎

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I believe he said spying occurred, it's a question as to whether is was legal or not.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Pretty sure you did not read the same quotes I did. There was no Russian collusion. There was in fact spying on Trump.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Good. I hope Mitch McConnel gets called out for threatening Obama, that he would accuse the Obama Administration of election tampering if they made public the fact that Russia was interfering in the election.

We already know a group of Russians took out a few facebook ads and the FSB tried to help Hillary by contributing to her opposition research, but this thread is about the Obama administration using intelligence agencies to spy on an opposing campaign. The world has moved on from the Russian collusion hoax.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join