It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Filament on The sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
As we have been experiencing unussual activity from the sun over the last year and half Scientist are monitoring the situation very closely...

More recently there is a Giant Fillament of Cooler Material on the sun....

This could cause major solar flares and magnestic disturbances in the short term, long term I can only speculate....

I would suggest that we are about to go through a Solar Event that we have not anticipated for.... This could be somthing as drastic as a coronal blow out of Gigantic proportions or even an x-ray burts that could iradiate the entire solar system....

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Regards,

Neon.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
this is already covered in some other threads, and i wish the sun was green, thatd' be sweet.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think that depends of the star size, bigger stars are more green, and those really big are blue, that would be interesting.
This has something to do with spectral characteristic of the star, like temperature etc. Are there really green stars, or they are just a little greenish?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
this is already covered in some other threads, and i wish the sun was green, thatd' be sweet.

Hey there

Those images were taken by SOHO our eyes in the skies for local star gazing

If a massive coronal ejection were to occure and it was on target to collide with earth's magnetosphere then SoHo would be the first of earths satalites to fry

Neon.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
yeah green start would be sweet, i dont think there really are green stars, there might be though... anyhow all i know is a star starts with an s and ends with a tar, im not real knowledgeable on stars, im going to get into the roswell incident, ive know about it forever but lately it just seems to really be getting my attention.

top topics

join