It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son shoots and kills home invasion suspect who terrorized family in SW Houston

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
"Son shoots and kills home invasion suspect who terrorized family in SW Houston: Police"

Family members arriving home to find home invasion.

People can say whatever about firearms ownership but without the son having access to one this probably would have ended in a different and more harmful way for the family involved.

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A son shot and killed one of the home invasion suspects who terrorized his family in southwest Houston overnight, police say.

Authorities told ABC13 it all started when his father returned to their home on Quail Meadow Drive, where the three suspects pistol-whipped him and forced him to open the door.

While the suspects ransacked the home, the family's two daughters, who ended up hiding in a closet, pushed the panic alarm inside their home.

The suspects forced the father to disable the alarm, but he couldn't because his daughters continued to push it.

That's when the intruders realized more people were home. They eventually found the daughters, one of whom is 21 years old. The other is a juvenile.

During the home invasion, the son and mother arrived home at the same time but in separate vehicles.

The son noticed something was wrong, went inside the house and grabbed his pistol, shooting at the suspects as they left, officials say.

Link

Check the link for more of what happened.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

God bless that son!

My son is a good shot and would do the same!
Maybe the other two will think twice about their life of crime.
Too bad the mom didn't "accidentally" run them over.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I'm not well-versed in the legal subtleties but isn't it problematic that the son shot at the suspects as they fled?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

I'm not well-versed in the legal subtleties but isn't it problematic that the son shot at the suspects as they fled?

I don't think so because his mom and sister were there and in essence he was trying to protect them as there was still a threat.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It may be--depending on the facts of the case.

But it's hot in Houston this time of year. Good on the boy for caring enough to ventilate the bad guys.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Not really. They were armed. I am not sure what law it comes down to but the son is covered.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Sometimes, depends on the area.

This was texas, last I recall you can shoot people on your property for the most part.

God bless texas.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Depends on where it happened. In the house probably won't be an issue.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Texas allows this force in defense of another. So Jag's point may be significant.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
They are all going to get caught and going away for a while.

Happy ending for sure especially if they don't find the dads mini van and he buys a truck to replace it.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

This is correct. In Texas if they are on your property it does not matter which way they are heading.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

double post
edit on 10-4-2019 by JFA13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Got one of them right in the head.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
They could easily turn and shoot or come back in. I would shoot until the threat was neutralized on my property. The cops can chase them after they leave my property. As always, I not a legal expert.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
They could easily turn and shoot or come back in. I would shoot until the threat was neutralized on my property. The cops can chase them after they leave my property. As always, I not a legal expert.
lol, what? The point is to NOT treat this like Apex Legends, safety is priority.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Depends. In liberal states he would probably go to jail. In TX he is likely fine.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

In TX yes, in other states if they are running and possibly trying to get cover to return fire, and you shoot them in the back running then good luck to you proving your life was still in danger, you will go to prison.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Ya, he missed one of them.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Not if I am on the Jury.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Not in Texas specifically, and not if you have a jury of non-imbeciles anywhere else. The young man deserves an award for not only defending his family, but freeing the tax payer of the burden of imprisoning one of those pieces of filth. We need a lot more of this across the US... cull these animals. The only sad part of the story is all three thugs didn't end up dead on the lawn.
edit on 10-4-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join