It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheap tippers tick me off

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: trustmeimdoctor
a reply to: KansasGirl

Oh the poor food service people. What about everyone else? Shouldn't we all get tips? For example I gave a nice tip to this waitress several times. She comes into my auto parts store and asks if I can put in a battery. We don't work on vehicles here. I just wanted to be nice and did it. What do I get for a tip? Absolutely nothing. Yet I should still tip food service people every time? They aren't special, so no.

Dicks like you are why everyone should intern for a year in retail & food. So they can get a taste of some really foul self-medicine.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's a real problem, and one that needs to be addressed. I think a lot of people don't realize how long it's been since the tipped minimum wage was raised. Since around 1990-91, the amount is only $2.13 an hour - link. At that time, the regular minimum was $3.35, so that wasn't too bad. It was about 2/3 of that. However, some people lobbied to have that frozen, so people depending on tips got hosed. That needs to change, or there needs to be no difference.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

There are many shi**y servers that make way more in a night than the cooks make in a week. The American food business is fu**ed up and full of drugs.
edit on 4/11/2019 by Tundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

The American food business is fu**ed up and full of drugs.

So is the financial business.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I know it pisses some, maybe a lot, of you off, but if the service sucks, I don't tip.

Above and beyond the normal duties is how I view it.

When it's good service that's above what the job description is, I tip accordingly. I've tipped as high as half again the bill, but never because it's expected of me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join