It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booker's New Bill - Money for Descendants of Slaves

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Some of the slaves lived better here than they did in Africa.

They were never happier as slaves. Massa made sure they were cared for in every way being a slave was expensive. They had food, clothing, housing etc.. Would you take a sledge hammer to your John Deere tractor every day?

If anything, slaves owe massa the cost of their purchase.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
Obama won with white voters because then whites could finally say "look, we voted in a black guy... we're not racist!"

He also talked a pretty good game, but all he ended up doing was fighting "white privilege" with "black entitlement". It's pretty likely he ruined any chance of another black president for awhile.

Regarding the OP, it's interesting that the language says, "reparations proposals for African-American descendants of slavery" instead of, "reparation proposals for descendants of African-American slaves".

What about the white people who are technically descendants of slaves? Do they get reparations. No, not with the way this bill is written.

This bill is written to give black people money just because they are black, not because they are descendants of slavery, which makes it reparations for racism, not for being a descendant of a slave.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
In answer, I'm running for president offering "free" money to white men with citizenship and a net worth under $250,000.
And yes, that does include me.

Except that electoral bribe doesn't work on white men because we can do math. We are the work force and understand that someone has to pay for all the free stuff...and it's us!

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Trueman

If he doesn't include Irish slaves then isn't that just racism?

Oh wait... he's a Democrat.

Carry on....

Don't forget the Chinese slaves.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
My family didn't arrive in this country until the 1920's.Can we get a reparation discount?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
DNA is racist...

My family was kicked out for supporting King George, we did not return until the 1890's,

can I get my taxes to ONLY pay for nuclear weapons?

not that I don't have faith in the future, but...........

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Why should the government have to pay reparations? The federal government never owned a single slave (though Virginia and Louisiana did.).

Likewise, the US Army spent the bulk of its energy trying to keep white pioneers from stealing NA lands. The black hills were originally tribal territory that white civilians were forbidden to enter. Then gold was found and a few hundred federal horsebacks were powerless to hold back 50,000 white "immigrants."

And again, the Trail of Tears (referred to as "removal to the west") was the federal attempt to get native Americans, particularly the "civilized tribes" like the Cherokee, out of harm's way. Harm was white rapists and claim jumpers.

Federal government, including its officers, worked hard to limit slavery and eventually end the practice. They also wanted to leave natives with some degree of autonomy. The fact that they were unable to control the great mass of the population doesn't mean that they should be punished for trying....

My ancestors were abolitionists involved in pushing for an invasion of the south to end slavery immediately. Do I get a discount?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

After you explain that to the man at the window, he will give you a blank stare and then stamp your bill with the word "exemption".

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't know about slavery here because my family goes back 3 generations - but I know forcing me to pay feeling money to bribe voters sounds close.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

So he wants to give everyone in country free money because if you go back down everyone family tree there is a slave in their genes somewhere.. slavery has been around as long as people its not just a thing that was done to people of African descent..

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Reparation = an excuse to be even more lazy while pulling in those welfare checks.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Money for nothing and the chicks are free!

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I was alive during the Obamacare Mandate. Where is my reparations for being an actual slave?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

We will if you will. Bet? What country do you com from? I'm sure Native Americans would love to have their country back.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

You mean "fake Spartacus..."

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

No!
We have already given them the money for reparations and more via the welfare system.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

More whites on welfare than blacks so y'all stole that too...just give the 40 acres and the mule promised.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kno1ukno
a reply to: VforVendettea

More whites on welfare than blacks so y'all stole that too...just give the 40 acres and the mule promised.

Blacks are 13% of the population. Three quarters of them receive some kind of welfare, versus 31% of the whole country

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Won't happen. But I find it ironic that Booker will scream about Trump cutting taxes for all of America just to help himself, while Booker himself introduces a bill that help a select amount, including him.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Sweet. I’m irish and native American. Can i get double?

Nope! You get a reservation to live on and St. Paddy's day. Nothing else. Sorry, you're the wrong color.

I wonder if they'll track down William Ellison's descendants and make them pay.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join