It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booker's New Bill - Money for Descendants of Slaves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: DBCowboy

BOOKER 2020
MONEY FOR YOUR VOTE.

Booker 2020

20 for you, 20 for me.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Are the black people's descendants who owned white slaves exempt?

Or do they have to pay too?

I'm so confused about the qualifiers here.

Not really... if you're white you are in the wrong, obviously.

Doesn't this s###head realize that he can't actually win a Presidential election without actual white people?

LOL

Don't be silly. Any race can drive a car full of blank ballots. A black guy can do that just as well as any other race, look at Broward County Florida.

edit on 9-4-2019 by Guyfriday because: Removed a wierd typo

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
So according to Spartacus the federal government should make payments to compensate the descendants of slaves. I guess that would include him.

New Jersey senator and presidential candidate Cory Booker is set to introduce a Senate bill that would look into slavery reparations.
On Monday, Booker said he plans to file a bill in the Senate that would form a commission to explore reparations proposals for African-American descendants of slavery, according to a statement. The bill is a companion version of a House bill introduced by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas. The bill was first introduced in 1989 by former Rep. John Conyers.

www.usatoday.com...
www.nj.com...

What am idiot! What about the Irish slaves? Weren't there actuallyore Irish slaves than African slaves?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So what about the slaves currently making most of the crap sold in America and much of the world then?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
23andME will get contracts to verify DNA and Family "Trees" 😃

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Delusional bastard.
He is hoping to score big on the inner city votes with that Demwit plan.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Residents of New Jersey should be forced to pay reparations to the rest of the US, for electing Booker.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Hush, I'm already on Amazon figuring out what I want with muh free money.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Buy them a ticket back to their source country and they can have a do over. I'm sure they will make them self a much better situation in life.

Ever hear of Liberia?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Would this be tax money?.......... that at least partially comes from black people?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Rumor is the payouts will be in Confederate money. Can Paypal convert that into US dollars?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
23andME will get contracts to verify DNA and Family "Trees" 😃
IT’S A TRAP!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Rumor is the payouts will be in Confederate money. Can Paypal convert that into US dollars?

Yes. And it should be a nice round number,

Like, $0

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Yep. it is also a good country to use for your ship's flag.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Would this be tax money?.......... that at least partially comes from black people?

Only white people will be taxes for this.

If you're white, an additional 10% of your gross wages will go to the Booker Fund to be doled out to everyone who isn't white.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Doesn't this s###head realize that he can't actually win a Presidential election without actual white people?

I have noticed that a high percentage of the far left are white people.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you're white, an additional 10% of your gross wages will go to the Booker Fund to be doled out to everyone who isn't white.

Well, Booker is pretty light skinned himself. Would he even qualify for the full amount?
edit on 9-4-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well, Booker is pretty light skinned himself. Would he even qualify for the full amount?

Stop being so racist and just give all your money to black people who didn't earn it, dammit!

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Gee, farmers moved to this country and worked for peanuts in order to survive. They were exposed to all sorts of chemicals like DDT that our Government said were safe. they were punished by the government if they tried to sell milk to their friends because big milk organizations wanted all milk to go through their friends who owned dairy companies. The government did all they could to keep food prices low so farmers had to work way harder than most people did.

Another words, farmers were slaves to the society too and it did not matter what color they were either. I cannot see giving money to the survivors of the slaves, slavory was abolished many years ago. My ancestors worked in very bad conditions, coming out of the mines looking black too. My father fought in the war to help this country and received little compensation for his injuries he got.

Two hundred years ago there were slaves all over the world, even white people were slaves in some areas of the world. I can see giving money to the Native American tribes, we took their land and kept on stealing from them for a really long time. Not all of the Blacks that were slaves were mistreated either, some of the slave owners actually gave them their freedom after a while and gave them some land and they share cropped with the farmer. Records are not that great as to what transpired back then. Why should we be giving money to a group who never even experienced slavery, that was many generations ago. We should focus on just making sure that we are all treated equally now, the past of all nations is full of horror. There are some rich families in this country, some in politics, who became rich from slaves. I can see going after those people to take away some of their wealth they made off of their families misdeeds, maybe make them do tax deductible donations to some organizations that help poor black families get ahead. But do not just give money that winds up in the hands of colleges full of rich white people who's families were slave owners either.

My ancestors did not own slaves, why should my tax dollars and my kids tax dollars go to pay those who were wronged by others in the past? If this in enacted, I think the money should be acquired from the families who got rich from slaves. Of course, they will move out of this country if this happens taking their money with them. Trump's family did not own slaves either.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I have noticed that a high percentage of the far left are white people.
Who suddenly all just so happen to identify as people who are descended from oppressed black people.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join