It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-wing voter: "Make them pay big time for their excesses"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoChamber

Actually this was never about "evidence"

Not sure where you got that idea from

This is even better than the usual tactic of moving the goal posts... you tried to change the entire game. "Forget 3rd base, this is a SOCCER match now!"

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
The new Trump-era recipe for ATS:

1. Find anecdotal story where someone on the left looks bad
2. Paint a very broad brush and apply it to all of the left at large
3. Have a multi-page whine-fest complete with back patting, low rent memes, old man tough-guy talk and stars
4. Repeat

Shameful. And no better than the MSM you have so much distain for.

Or this:

1. Find someone who disagrees with your liberal agenda.
2. Publicly call them nazi, homophobe, xenophobe, misogynist, hater, bigot, war monger, capitalist, fascist, puppy killers.
3. Don't worry about whether its true or not, just do everything you can to make them look bad in front of people who believe that crap.
4. While you are drenched in and slinging mud be sure to tell people you are taking the high road - they will believe you.
5. No matter how stupid, vapid, pathetic, or criminal they are vote for democrats, because democrats.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Every policy platform program that the democrats have offered this year for the 2020 election is about raising taxes and growing government.

They are just looking for different ways to describe wealth distribution.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Actually this was never about "evidence"

Not sure where you got that idea from

This is even better than the usual tactic of moving the goal posts... you tried to change the entire game. "Forget 3rd base, this is a SOCCER match now!"

That's not even moving the goalposts.

You're just cherry picking and making stuff up.

And I am glad to see that you are using a Russian talking point. 'Moving the Goal Posts'? Seriously?

You're implying that people who don't agree with you are awful and horrible. What kind of bs is that? This site says that the conversation is civil? I see the opposite...

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Every policy platform program that the democrats have offered this year for the 2020 election is about raising taxes and growing government.

You're being obtuse. Trump and the GOP literally raised taxes on average Americans.

Sadly, President Trump doesn’t agree. While one can hope that the inexcusable tariffs levied on solar panels and washing machines were a small bone thrown to the GOP’s Bannon wing, let’s call them what they are: a tax hike. Plain and simple. Trump called for tax cuts to boost the take home pay for the American worker, but the American worker seeks dollars solely for what they’re exchangeable for. In slapping tariffs on foreign goods, Trump is raising taxes on American workers in much the same way that they would go up if he got together with Congress and raised the tax rates on income earned.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

I have no doubt you could. You should. Start with me. Difference being I'll own up to the asinine things I say on occasion. This is not one of those things.

We're at a real all time low around here. And it's on you.

I am just one voice in a sea of them. I am just some fat guy on the Internet

And progressives did what exactly? Republicans freed the slaves, grab a history book. And you mean progressives like Margaret Sanger, queen of eugenics still worshiped by planned parenthood killers? You know, the one trying to selectively breed out the poor, black people and others?

Leonard’s book details the rise of American social reformers who, under the direct and indirect influence of ideas that thrived in late nineteenth-century German universities, came to regard extensive state intervention as the means to solve social and economic problems. This was accompanied by deep skepticism about the seemingly chaotic workings of free markets and the bottom-up American associational approach to social ills. As Leonard demonstrates, ministers of religion such as Washington Gladden, lawyers such as Felix Frankfurter, efficiency experts such as Frederick Winslow Taylor, economists such as Richard T. Ely, and politicians such as Woodrow Wilson believed they simply knew better. They also yearned for a chance to prove it.

Such people, it turns out, were intent on immanentizing the eschaton decades before mid-twentieth century German political theologians and Latin American liberation theologians went down that path. The economic progressives viewed the state as an almost divine instrument for realizing this end. “God works through the State,” Ely proclaimed. Another economic progressive, John R. Commons, “told his Christian audiences that the state was the greatest power for good that existed among men and women.” The church, apparently, just wasn’t that important.

This mixture of utopianism, faith in the state, and sheer confidence in their own righteousness was one aspect of the progressives’ mindset. Another influence, Leonard illustrates, stemmed from particular ideas flowing from or associated with Darwinism.

Ahem: www.history.com...

The Republican Party, often called the GOP (short for “Grand Old Party”) is one of two major political parties in the United States. Founded in 1854 as a coalition opposing the extension of slavery into Western territories, the Republican Party fought to protect the rights of African Americans after the Civil War. Today’s GOP is generally socially conservative, and favors smaller government, less regulation, lower taxes and less federal intervention in the economy.

By contrast, Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson favored a more limited government. His supporters called themselves Republicans, or Jeffersonian Republicans, but later became known as Democratic-Republicans.

The Federalist Party dissolved after the War of 1812, and by the 1830s the Democratic-Republicans had evolved into the Democratic Party (now the main rival to today’s Republicans), which initially rallied around President Andrew Jackson.

Yawn

If you want to try to argue the history books are mistaken then you are in for a long night my friend.

Sounds familiar doesn't it? Don't believe history, don't believe books, don't believe cultural knowledge...just make up facts as you go along, and so long as they support your own ideology all is hunky-doory

Not hunky doory, not at all

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

No, actually he did not. That is a left wing talking point. You have had less money taken out of your paycheck, tax code is simplified (I just filed, so believe me I saw it first hand... no more X number of forms to stumble through) and no more goofy penalty for choosing not to buy Obamacare OR the expense of buying that $10,000
deductible hunk of garbage. You pay the first $10k in bandaids THEN your insurance steps in for *part* of it? No thanks. Most of our existing insurances are great, I prefer it thanks

And FYI, there is nothing wrong with encouraging growth in businesses by reducing strangling taxes and profit choking regulations.

A business will only exist when its profitable. Without the company, employees have no job/source of income/insurance/etc.
edit on 4/9/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

In the 19th century, Southern Democrats were whites in the South who believed in Jeffersonian democracy. In the 1850s they defended slavery in the United States, and promoted its expansion into the West against northern Free Soil opposition. The United States presidential election of 1860 formalized the split, and brought the American Civil War. After Reconstruction ended in the late 1870s they controlled all the Southern states and disenfranchised blacks (who were Republicans). The "Solid South" gave nearly all its electoral votes to Democrats in presidential elections. Republicans seldom were elected to office outside some Appalachian mountain districts and a few heavily German-American counties of Texas.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9-4-2019 by EchoChamber because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Oh again with the Russiahoax? Give me a break

"Moving the goalposts" is not any talking point, it is a deceptive strategy used by dishonest debaters who can't make a point without resorting to logical fallacies or blatant misrepresentations of truth.

No, I've been very clear the comments are merely examples of what some morons on the left are pushing.

How about addressing what these idiots said vs. trying to provide cover for them by attacking the messenger?

And thank you for betraying your own affiliation/motivation by quoting the debunked Russiahoax conspiracy theory.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

You have to admit, #1 is about as easy to find these days as it is to find a pile of dog crap at a dog park. You can piss and whine about it in a last ditch effort at deflection from acknowledgement of your party's mentally retarded interaction with the normal world... but those lamentations don't change the fact that the Democratic party has gone as bat# crazy nuts as one of the 3 stooges strung out on acid and entering advanced stage Alzheimers. There's crazy, effing crazy, and post Trump victory Democrat effing batcrap crazy psychopathy.... the latter is extremely easy to find and a real hoot to poke fun at with a stick assuming one's reflexes are astute enough to swiftly bring that same stick across the lunatic's neck when they lash out against their mocker.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Democrats....exactly

Your post merely made my point

Hell, I should be the one quoting this...

In the 19th century, Southern Democrats were whites in the South who believed in Jeffersonian democracy. In the 1850s they defended slavery in the United States, and promoted its expansion into the West against northern Free Soil opposition. The United States presidential election of 1860 formalized the split, and brought the American Civil War. After Reconstruction ended in the late 1870s they controlled all the Southern states and disenfranchised blacks (who were Republicans). The "Solid South" gave nearly all its electoral votes to Democrats in presidential elections. Republicans seldom were elected to office outside some Appalachian mountain districts and a few heavily German-American counties of Texas.

As I said, the Republicans freed the slaves. Democrats fought to keep them.

DEMOCRAT George Wallace stood on the schoolhouse stairs to block black Americans from going to school also

Care to refute that?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

It's all they have... here, grab a stick and join me in a hearty laugh.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

No, actually he did not. That is a left wing talking point. You have had less money taken out of your paycheck, tax code is simplified (I just filed, so believe me I saw it first hand... no more X number of forms to stumble through) and no more goofy penalty for choosing not to buy Obamacare OR the expense of buying that $10,000
deductible hunk of garbage. You pay the first $10k in bandaids THEN your insurance steps in for *part* of it? No thanks. Most of our existing insurances are great, I prefer it thanks

And FYI, there is nothing wrong with encouraging growth in businesses by reducing strangling taxes and profit choking regulations.

A business will only exist when its profitable. Without the company, employees have no job/source of income/insurance/etc.

You sound like you know what you are talking about but you don't.

Federal tax revenues declined in 2018 while economic growth accelerated, undercutting the Trump administration’s insistence that the $1.5 trillion tax package would pay for itself.

www.nytimes.com...

Not to mention the stupoid Trade Wars he's started. Farmers in America are already feeling that.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Democrats....exactly

Your post merely made my point

Hell, I should be the one quoting this...

As I said, the Republicans freed the slaves. Democrats fought to keep them.

DEMOCRAT George Wallace stood on the schoolhouse stairs to block black Americans from going to school also

Care to refute that?

You didn't read the link and ignored the previous link.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Amen to that DBCowboy

Yet they realize how much of a non-starter those things are with the vast majority of America. Apparently they think if *only* they get a little louder, a little more crass and a little less likeable that Americas will bend to their wishes

"Hey guys give us all your assets 1) without your consent and 2) for no equally valued goods or services in return. If you don't, we are going to be angry and loud"

What a bunch of darn fools

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Since this guy is in the "world ends soon" crowd, WTF is he whining about?

What a L-O-S-E-R.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I did read the link. It spells out very clearly: Republicans = party of Lincoln, Democrats = party of slavery

Say hello to the DUmmies for me. Oh what the hoot, I will do that myself

Also... I see how you casually segued over the very important part of sociopath Margaret Sanger, the Eugenics queen who wanted to "weed out" the sick, black Americans and the Poor. The same one those psychopaths at Planned Parenthood worship, you know all to well though.

The same thing they are still doing today.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

And the whole civil war (which you gloss over - went straight from build up to reconstruction)

In 1854, opposition to the Kansas-Nebraska Act, which would permit slavery in new U.S. territories by popular referendum, drove an antislavery coalition of Whigs, Free-Soilers, Americans and disgruntled Democrats to found the new Republican Party, which held its first meeting in Ripon, Wisconsin that May. Two months later, a larger group met in Jackson, Michigan, to choose the party’s first candidates for statewide office.

The Republican goal was not to abolish slavery in the South right away, but rather to prevent its westward expansion, which they feared would lead to the domination of slaveholding interests in national politics.

In the 1860 election, a split between Southern and Northern Democrats over slavery propelled the Republican candidate Abraham Lincoln to victory, though he won only around 40 percent of the popular vote.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Show me where democrats are going to lower taxes.

SHOW ME!

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Frustrated by the inaction of Lincoln’s Democratic successor, Andrew Johnson, as well as the treatment of freed blacks in former Confederate states during the Reconstruction era, Radical Republicans in Congress passed legislation protecting the rights of blacks, including civil rights and voting rights (for black men).

These Republican Reconstruction policies would solidify white Southerners’ loyalty to the Democratic Party for many decades to come.

During Reconstruction, Republicans would become increasingly associated with big business and financial interests in the more industrialized North. The federal government had expanded during the war (including passage of the first income tax) and Northern financiers and industrialists had greatly benefited from its increased spending.

As white resistance to Reconstruction solidified, these interests, rather than those of blacks in the South, became the main Republican focus, and by the mid-1870s Democratic Southern state legislatures had wiped out most of Reconstruction’s changes.

www.history.com...

Our history isn't perfect, nor do I pretend it is. So why don't you stop doing the same

FYI, just because dems were the party of slavery doesn't mean you still have to be today. But revisionist history is not helping your cause any

Thing is, we had the courage and will to correct our mistakes. Dems celebrate theirs - by worshiping Margaret Sanger's sociopathic rear end and idolizing killers like Planned Parenthood
edit on 4/9/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join