It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man buying meals and handing out cash at Waffle House murdered

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Alachua County sheriff’s deputies said 41-year-old Craig Arttez Brewer, who was killed at about 3 a.m. Sunday, had been paying for others’ food and giving out money to some of the restaurant’s customers shortly before his death.

The acts of kindness led to resentment from one female customer, according to the Sheriff’s Office, and that gave rise to an argument between Brewer and his alleged killer. Suddenly, a crowded Waffle House turned into a murder scene.

Ezekiel Luke Hicks, 25, is accused of shooting Brewer multiple times, at least once in the head, sheriff’s Lt. Brett Rhodenizer said.

Deputies believe the men’s argument started after a woman, who was at the Waffle House with Hicks, got angry because Brewer’s generous turn in paying for others’ meals didn’t include hers. Brewer had been picking up the tab for others’ food and handing out $20 bills.

www.gainesville.com...

Absolutely heart breaking disgusting story.

So a guy is just paying for peoples food and handing out money. Lady gets mad she didn't get money, and that leads to her friend shooting the guy giving out the money.

Stories like this make people not want to be charitable.

I have seen fights break out at a bar several times because a person will by part of the bar a round, and someone not included gets offended and starts throwing punches, but this is a whole new level.

I hope the shooter gets the maximum penalty, and the woman feels shame for feeling entitled to charity to the point of starting a confrontation.

Though neither will probably happen.

To me this speaks to a growing feeling of entitlement from many people. I see it here in rural PA as well. People that feel hey, my neighbor got some sort of charity, why shouldn't I get it as well.

This leads to resentment and a victimhood mentality that only makes things worse for society and the people harboring these feelings.

edit on 9-4-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Resentment for not getting something for free equates to the person that didn't buy it for me should die.

That is as messed up as Pelosi on a Plane ride.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Imagine sitting in a jail cell for the rest of your life over not getting your waffles paid for by a random stranger. Do you think it would ever sink in what an utterly stupid waste it was?

And the shooter went out to get his gun and came back. It's not like it was a snap decision of momentary rage.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey
And the shooter went out to get his gun and came back. It's not like it was a snap decision of momentary rage.

In which case they should argue for murder one and push for the maximum.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So, the shooter already had issues. Should be locked up forever.

WTH is wrong with people today? You should not have to fear for your life, because you did an act of kindness.

The lady should be charged as an accessory.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Rewey

In which case they should argue for murder one and push for the maximum.

I say they put him on the express lane to death row. Caught on video, even- not really any room for doubt, and leaving to get a firearm then coming back makes it premeditated. Truly a waste of flesh. Probably should have been in prison already based on the end of the article, but managed to get out of it..

Pretrial diversion (PTD) is an alternative to prosecution which seeks to divert certain offenders from traditional criminal justice processing into a program of supervision and services administered by the U.S. Probation Service. In the majority of cases, offenders are diverted at the pre-charge stage.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the murderer wasn't in prison because the U.S. Probation service was "supervising" him instead. Something tells me... he didn't legally own that gun.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I hope they fry that scum. He looks like a waste of oxygen. I saw this earlier, made me sick

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler My grandmother was fond of saying "No good deed goes unpunished" never more true than here.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Not just the boyfriend whatever...she should be charged as an accessory which carries the same punishment!

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

What happened to the pride of being able to hold your own. I came up and made a lot of bad choices and struggled hard through my 20s I am finally able to hold my own...even though sometimes its hard. If I was there I'd have loved to get a free meal...but had it not happened naturally I'd have been fine paying my way...even proud that I had made it to where I didn't look like I needed help. I can't understand people who act like this.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
FFS, put the POS and his bitch against a wall, give them a last cigarette.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Waste of tobacco

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Do you think his firearm was legal?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag

That is probably the biggest problem in this nation.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I'm feeling generous, cheaper than a last meal.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
C'mon everybody remember your programming. We are all the same. He's just like us.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Murdered by the second.

edit on 9/4/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Look here. The world is a dangerous place. If you are going to be a good guy and start handing money out, you need to carry a gun. Crazy people exist everywhere.

You wouldn’t go to the Serengeti with a pork chop hanging from your neck without some protection. Anybody who pretends that nothing bad could happen, is soon to be proven wrong.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I'm kinda torn on this one.

Crazy people gonna be at waffle house, that's a given.

I don't want to blame the victim, especially since he was just trying out some random acts of kindness, but flashing cash around the waffle house just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Sucks this is the world we live in.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

To me this speaks to a growing feeling of entitlement from many people. I see it here in rural PA as well. People that feel hey, my neighbor got some sort of charity, why shouldn't I get it as well.

WE ARE HERE!!
LAST DAYS!
2 Timothy 3:2

1But understand this: In the last days terrible times will come. 2For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, without love of good,…

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join