It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candice Owens on 'White Nationalism and Reparations"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Good eye. They're terrible at being anonymous.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: blueman12

a reply to: mtnshredder

Democrats, especially black democrats, hate her with a passion because she, as a black woman, can call them out on their racism. I think she's amazing.

Well I think it's partly due to Democrats being on the train of hate. Everything is about hating Trump or retaliating against someone who doesn't meet their perception. Granted I see this now in Republicans too. Let's all hate AOC and pretend Trump's actions are perfect.

It's never about how to make the country better or each of Our Lives better. It's always about the other side and hating.

There's a difference in the jokes made about the dumb things AOC says and the hateful rhetoric directed at Owens for being a black Conservative.

She had another black conservative on her show last week, they were talking about a lot of the issues.

They both talked about how its much easier to deal with what little racism there is in this country, than the blowback for daring to be a black conservative.

I can only imagine. It's bad enough being a white Conservative, I feel really bad, but at the same time admire minorities for having the backbone to be a Conservative. They get it worse from democrats than anyone else. Especially black minorities.

I went over to one of the black liberal sites I visit, The Root, and the vitriol directed at her is just unbelievable. The comment section is literally just filled with accusations of everything from being called a slave master's bed wench to uncle tom to self-hating b*tch.

Being black and conservative means you will be extremely lonely. You will be hated by your own people but not necessarily feel completely accepted by white folks either.

There was an article I was reading about Chrissette Michele who is black R&B singer. She decided to sing at Trump's inauguration (she was paid to do so). Her career went into the toilet after all the backlash she got. Spike Lee removed one of her songs from a production/movie he was doing.

The tribalism of the black community when it comes to politics is really sad and counter productive.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
She's smart, poised, well spoken and direct. I like her

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I saw that... She's very impressive and any black person with balls should listen to her. Either that or remain dependent and weak.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
Too many on here lack good listening skills. She is a former democrat.....

And did what all democrats do when they grow up. She became a Conservative. Just like Reagan and just like Trump.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Whether or not white nationalism is on the rise is debatable, 

Yawn.

It isn't.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: thov420
a reply to: mikell

I've ne
ver understood how asking for ID is racist? Is a store clerk asking a black/Asian/middle eastern person for ID to buy cigarettes or alcohol racist? Then why would it be racist to ask for ID to vote? Cigs and booze only affect the individual buying it, while voting affects the entire county/state/country.

Answer to your question is in bold.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

She's worse than a Democrat she's probably a lobbyist. 

Probably...

Maybe...

She must be something we don't like otherwise we have zero argument!?

Help!?

Very classy.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Overwhelming indeed. Not one cent of those amounts will help any of the slaves who worked between 1790 and 1860. In fact, had I been a slave back then and knew my descendants were going to get money for my suffering, I'd be pretty pissed off about it. Besides, I don't see any reparations being offered to the descendants of the Irish slaves. That tells me this isn't a very serious matter since it only reaches out to one group of people.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That's the democrat party for you. They speak about her like that because they fear her for what would happen if the black community actually starts listening to her and realize that she's factually correct. They're no different than they were in the 60's in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: fallen1
The instance you support Trump, you automatically lose A lot of IQ points but with that said, does she even know her own party?

Does she not see the constant attacks on minorities by the right? How the right hates minorities until they become useful to them such as her.

How many times on ATS has there been a thread that supports minorities? I have only seen it when they useful to them or when their situation is helpful to their cause or an argument. Example...guns violence in Chicago only brought up when there is a gun debate. Race debate - use Candace Owens a black female.

How does she explain that any time the republican consider a new law regarding voting, it always targets minorities to make it harder for them.

Did North Carolina Admit to Targeting Black Voters with a ‘Voter ID’ Law?

North Carolina admitted that a voter ID law was at least partly enacted in response to African-American voting tendencies that went against conservative interests.

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts Are Targeting Minorities, Journalist Says

How about when a unarmed minority is shot, does she see how hard republican attack the history of the person in order to justify it. You will not see them do that with an unarmed white person.

How about all the problems she mentions that democrats never bring up, when has a republican brought up anything to help any minority group, I hear them mention it when they need it to make a point again like Candace Owens.

When has the republican party ever stated, we see these problems and here is what we are going to do to fix it, the answer is never. They are only mentioned when they need a talking point.

So many more, it is like Owens doesn't know anything about the republican party.

What if you're wrong? Has that ever crossed your mind? Does it bug you that this person is supporting a party, that you think goes against her interests? What about the many other minorities, myself included? Do you think we're all to dumb to realize it? That would be awfully bigoted of you.

Consider your sources, if you still possess that ability.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: blueman12

Democrats, especially black democrats, hate her with a passion because she, as a black woman, can call them out on their racism. I think she's amazing.

Well I think it's partly due to Democrats being on the train of hate. Everything is about hating Trump or retaliating against someone who doesn't meet their perception. Granted I see this now in Republicans too. Let's all hate AOC and pretend Trump's actions are perfect.

It's never about how to make the country better or each of Our Lives better. It's always about the other side and hating.

There's a difference in the jokes made about the dumb things AOC says and the hateful rhetoric directed at Owens for being a black Conservative.

She had another black conservative on her show last week, they were talking about a lot of the issues.

They both talked about how its much easier to deal with what little racism there is in this country, than the blowback for daring to be a black conservative.

I can only imagine. It's bad enough being a white Conservative, I feel really bad, but at the same time admire minorities for having the backbone to be a Conservative. They get it worse from democrats than anyone else. Especially black minorities.

The Dems have demonized and repressed minorities for having a voice and opinion other that what they want them to have for a long time. It's sad that minorities like Candice can't have a belief in a different ideology without being ridiculed, looked down upon and even having threats on their life, especially from a group that touts and preaches equality and tolerance.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: fallen1

I appreciate your perspective, it's important to hear other people's point of view and not just dismiss it because of one's own personal political viewpoint. I think it's important for people to think with their own mind and not along racial identity politics lines of thought people should be free to vote for whatever party they feel is good after much research. I think we should also concede that the Democratic party platform of handouts has not been good for minorities either. I don't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils so I have been looking more and more towards third parties. I feel like we need leadership that will encourage hard work and discourage violence how are we going to do that I dont know because we already leave the world in prison population.
edit on 11-4-2019 by conspiracy nut because: Text-to-talk error

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: fallen1

I appreciate your perspective, it's important to hear other people's point of view and not just dismiss it because of one's own personal political viewpoint. I think it's important for people to think with their own mind and not along racial identity politics lines of thought people should be free to vote for whatever party they feel is good after much research. I think we should also concede that the Democratic party platform of handouts has not been good for minorities either. I don't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils so I have been looking more and more towards third parties. I feel like we need leadership that will encourage hard work and discourage violence how we going to do that or no because we already leave the world in prison population.

Interesting, I was just researching the U.S.A.s prison population statistics and criminal justice fact sheets of the NAACP. I must say, it is eye-opening.

A criminal record can reduce the likelihood of a callback or job offer by nearly 50 percent. The negative impact of a criminal record is twice as large for African American applicants.

www.pewresearch.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Wow!
I was unaware of this lady until now, very impressed!

I wish others were as aware as she is.
S+f

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

She has been branded by the lunatic left as a "white nationalist..."

It's so mind boggling that the left have no actual argument but to keep using the racist card, even when "WHITE LIBERALS" themselves have resorted to using the racist card against conservatives like Mrs. Owens simply because the left doesn't know anymore on how to make a logical argument.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Republicans should have this woman run for president after Trump. Would be hillarious watching the democratic party deal with a black skinned female as an opponent for the most relavent and watched election in the US.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Republicans should have this woman run for president after Trump. Would be hillarious watching the democratic party deal with a black skinned female as an opponent for the most relavent and watched election in the US.

She would make a GREAT running mate as VP to be sure.

Trump/Owens

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This is priceless. AOC refusing to debate Candice after Candice offered her 100k to show up. This is after AOC also refused Ben Shapiro's debate offer, calling it sexist.

twitter.com...

Is Ocasio-Cortez Afraid of Candace Owens?
spectator.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

So you were researching facts from the NAACP(no bias there) but chose to link to Pew? Ok, but your quote isn't even in your link. From your link:

At the end of 2016, federal and state prisons in the United States held about 486,900 inmates who were black and 439,800 who were white – a difference of 47,100, according to BJS. In 2009, by comparison, there were 584,800 blacks and 490,000 whites – a difference of 94,800.

Sounds like things are getting better for black people. Of course, being they only make up about 13% of the US population, there must be something causing them to be more than 13% of the prison population. Please don't say racism because that's absurd. Not every cop/DA is racist. DA's like to keep a high conviction rating so chose to charge crimes they will be more likely to win and plead out the rest to maintain that rating.

Of course a criminal record looks bad on a job application, but you also have to consider the crimes involved.
Someone with a DUI or domestic assault is going to be more favorable than felony assault or grand larceny.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join