It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candice Owens on 'White Nationalism and Reparations"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I have to admit Nadler banging his gavel and admonishing her for calling Lieu 'stupid' was a perfect example of Dem spin. It is obvious he wasn't listening to what she actually was saying and since Nadler obviously was thinking Lieu was stupid, he assumed she said that too!

Bawawahahaha.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

People have called Sharpton and Jackson much worse who are you kidding? Are you saying like others insinuated that because he is an athlete that Lebron's opinion shouldn't count?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I disagree with some and agree with some of her perspective. I am always willing to listen to different perspectives sometimes I agree sometimes I roll my eyes in my head.

The way I look at racism in this country is akin to an ex that cheated on you over and over again, then they tell you if you want to stay together they should forget about it then get mad if you ever bring it up even when you catch them acting suspicious.

I wish we could all get over it but I'm not sure it's that easy when it seems daily we are seeing crappy behavior from both sides. This is where I disagree with Candace sugar coating the whole white nationalist rise.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
5 pages of trumpsters glorifying this woman who shares their opinion but when someone who doesn't share their opinion speaks it's shut up and dribble. Don't tell me it's because one was educated and the other wasn't because when Kanye expressed his opinion they glorified him as well. Typical, we will never get anywhere when people refuse to try to listen and understand another person's different perspective.

I can only speak for myself not others. I do take time to consider what others say and try to understand their perspective. Just because I take the time looking at the facts and discover that their perspective is distorted, does not mean I did not or do not listen.

What amazes me is how anyone cannot listen and research the facts when given and not recognize truth for what it is? In this instance, Candace brought true statistical and personal facts to this committee. Facts that not a single democrat were able to deny. Instead, they immediately went on the defensive and began labeling and spinning truths/facts.

Have you even watched the videos presented in this thread?

Edit add: Just seen your post above. As far as white nationalists, how is she sugar coating it by saying that what the media and Dems are calling white nationalists are simply Patriots? There is a distinct difference and they are not white supremists nor kkk just because they our white and are nationalist rather than globalists.
edit on 4 10 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
full interaction in this summed up full completion clip, I would have made it but it would have had to take a lot of time and I didn't have that time, so kudos to the maker.

it is the mud pit and for that allow me to say that she mopped the floor with you know what im trying to mention here, especially the shrug moment that is not shown in this clip by Nadler when he interrupted her, boy that moment was embarrassing, Nadler should have hoped for a BLACK hole to swallow him, not to mention Lieu loooool

enjoy 24 minutes and worth it

edit on 10 4 2019 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I don't think she's sugar coating anything. In fact she makes a fair point when she states that if you broaden the definition of something then you will see an increase in that particular subject. This is an issue I've had with some people in the past. You can't just take a subject, change the definition of said subject and then claim you are right. She's right. That's corrupting the data and manipulating the statistics.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

5 pages of trumpsters glorifying this woman who shares their opinion but when someone who doesn't share their opinion speaks it's shut up and dribble. Don't tell me it's because one was educated and the other wasn't because when Kanye expressed his opinion they glorified him as well. Typical, we will never get anywhere when people refuse to try to listen and understand another person's different perspective.

I think you grossly underestimate other peoples intelligence. You do realize that many Blacks have figured out what she's saying on their very own and as result are leaving the Democratic Party, for the exact reasons she's been stating?

Just because others see truth in what she's saying and she blows your "opinionated" narrative out of the water, you have know where else to go but to insult others not agreeing to your way of thinking. I guarantee you that there's a lot of people that are not as you put it, "Trumpsters", that fully agree with this women, regardless of their race or party. It's sorta hard to deny truth when it's blatantly in your face, unless you've made a conscious decision to be ignorant.

You don't think people are capable of listening to what you have to say and coming to their own conclusive opinion, although, it may differ from yours? Because that's kinda what you're saying. You actually contradict the very first and last sentence of your own post constantly, in post that you make on this forum.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

People have called Sharpton and Jackson much worse who are you kidding? Are you saying like others insinuated that because he is an athlete that Lebron's opinion shouldn't count?

And the seated Congressmen here just attempt to call Owens far worse too, so it goes around doesn't it mainly because they don't like what she's saying, but you implied that if people disagree with a black person, they say "shut up and dribble" as though all blacks are simply professional athletes and demeaned/treated as nothing else.

Those were your words.

When LeBron renders an educated opinion, I'll consider it, but for the most part, his opinion is like that of most other celebrities -- so much poorly informed talking point he parrots off of whatever news source he can recall.

I do give him full props for opening a school though. In that, he's done far, far more to try to help out the black community than that idiot Kaepernick.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: LSU2018

Democrats, especially black democrats, hate her with a passion because she, as a black woman, can call them out on their racism. I think she's amazing.

Well I think it's partly due to Democrats being on the train of hate. Everything is about hating Trump or retaliating against someone who doesn't meet their perception. Granted I see this now in Republicans too. Let's all hate AOC and pretend Trump's actions are perfect.

It's never about how to make the country better or each of Our Lives better. It's always about the other side and hating.

There's a difference in the jokes made about the dumb things AOC says and the hateful rhetoric directed at Owens for being a black Conservative.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Do you have any qualms about democrats calling her a bed wench, an Uncle Tom, or a house n*gg*r?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Parading around that one black person that agrees more with old white men than the bulk of her black brothers & sisters really feels just as desperate as "I have this one gay friend at work and he's really nice". So y'all found a new Herman Cain. Yay. Doesn't make her right or speak for black people.

Denying racism or the danger of the rise of white nationalism does a lot more harm than good in this day and age when we thought we wouldn't be hearing about any or that sort of thing again. And the fact that black on black crime hasn't been completely eradicated is beside the point. It's not like we can only discuss one issue at a time. The empowerment of White Nationalism and the attempts being made to whitewash it are transparent as all getout.

The fact that those who have continued to be subjugated by the old white establishment are getting louder is really scary to a good bunch of Americans. Scary enough to lead to desperate posts like this. But perhaps she'll be the rights new Ben Carson. They certainly love their token black people and shine the spotlight to no end when they find them.

And lastly, you all know well that historically it's always been progressives vs conservatives when it came to civil rights. The Dems used to be the social conservatives at one time. But times are different and attempting to spin the Dems as the KKK-style racists today when those people jumped ship for the Repubs via the southern strategy many decades back is a pathetic & highly partisan lie of omission. Be better.

So, you've basically called her an uncle tom in a round about way.

Noted.

You'd be surprised at how many people are opening up to what she's saying. Seems that scares a lot of you. Why?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Yes of course I do I also have qualms when the right b a little AOC and call ilhan Omar a terrorist. you can call me an equal-opportunity social justice warrior :-)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

Yes of course I do I also have qualms when the right b a little AOC and call ilhan Omar a terrorist. you can call me an equal-opportunity social justice warrior :-)

Except Ilhan Omar literally raises money for a terrorist organization, and continues to champion them using her platform as a bully pulpit to do so.

CAIR helps to fund HAMAS and other organizations that have literally use suicide bombers.
edit on 10-4-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Democrats, especially black democrats, hate her with a passion because she, as a black woman, can call them out on their racism. I think she's amazing.

Well I think it's partly due to Democrats being on the train of hate. Everything is about hating Trump or retaliating against someone who doesn't meet their perception. Granted I see this now in Republicans too. Let's all hate AOC and pretend Trump's actions are perfect.

It's never about how to make the country better or each of Our Lives better. It's always about the other side and hating.

There's a difference in the jokes made about the dumb things AOC says and the hateful rhetoric directed at Owens for being a black Conservative.

She had another black conservative on her show last week, they were talking about a lot of the issues.

They both talked about how its much easier to deal with what little racism there is in this country, than the blowback for daring to be a black conservative.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The instance you support Trump, you automatically lose A lot of IQ points but with that said, does she even know her own party?

Does she not see the constant attacks on minorities by the right? How the right hates minorities until they become useful to them such as her.

How many times on ATS has there been a thread that supports minorities? I have only seen it when they useful to them or when their situation is helpful to their cause or an argument. Example...guns violence in Chicago only brought up when there is a gun debate. Race debate - use Candace Owens a black female.

How does she explain that any time the republican consider a new law regarding voting, it always targets minorities to make it harder for them.

Did North Carolina Admit to Targeting Black Voters with a ‘Voter ID’ Law?

North Carolina admitted that a voter ID law was at least partly enacted in response to African-American voting tendencies that went against conservative interests.

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts Are Targeting Minorities, Journalist Says

How about when a unarmed minority is shot, does she see how hard republican attack the history of the person in order to justify it. You will not see them do that with an unarmed white person.

How about all the problems she mentions that democrats never bring up, when has a republican brought up anything to help any minority group, I hear them mention it when they need it to make a point again like Candace Owens.

When has the republican party ever stated, we see these problems and here is what we are going to do to fix it, the answer is never. They are only mentioned when they need a talking point.

So many more, it is like Owens doesn't know anything about the republican party.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Can you even see the blatant racism bleeding into your post?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: fallen1

So many more, it is like Owens doesn't know anything about the republican party.

Its almost like you have no idea what the hell youre talking about, I could go through your post point by point, but it would just be more efficient and just as effective to say:

Every single thing you just stated is complete bullsnip, and has no basis in reality.

But hey, another "brand new member" another person only posting on certain topics coming in like they have been here forever.

Oh wait.

edit on 10-4-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Source?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I would marry her so hard. I love a strong, smart woman. Ocasio ain't got s##t on her.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join