It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Aunt and I Were Protected By The Second Today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Well you fd up. First rule of Gun Club is you shoot to kill. Now that K9 is lawyering up and you will be in court in two weeks fighting for your freedom and money.

I'd wait for the dog to make first contact. See how serious the dog is about taking this to court and wasting everyone's time.

If he's not all bark, I would settle outside of court with a few beggin strips, a stuffed animal, and some tummy scritches.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

For Civil Defence, C4X Storm because it is the same magazine as the M9.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

He got belly rubs when being good, then it was back up in the face. Too aggressive not vicious as I said.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Surprised no one mentioned that things have become so bad that you need an armed guard to mow the yard yet.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Well you fd up. First rule of Gun Club is you shoot to kill. Now that K9 is lawyering up and you will be in court in two weeks fighting for your freedom and money.

I'd wait for the dog to make first contact. See how serious the dog is about taking this to court and wasting everyone's time.

If he's not all bark, I would settle outside of court with a few beggin strips, a stuffed animal, and some tummy scritches.

Well depending on the color of the dog he better hope that Reverend Al Barkpton doesn't get involved.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So your gun saved you from a playful dog and you thought you would start a thread on your cowardice, good to know. LMAO

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: fallen1

Actually a Mudpit thread to stir the pot with those easily triggered by certain key words, but thanks for playing.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Yea, if black labs matter got involved, things could get dicey.

You're talking a whole bag of some beggin strips, a few tennis balls, a leash walk, and butt scritches at that point.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Actually a Mudpit thread to stir the pot with those easily triggered by certain key words, but thanks for playing.

Actually I wasn't triggered but laughed when I read your post, thought it was hilarious and just had to post. LMAO

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

But being a strange to me dog, rather spirited with his play and lack of following commands;

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I'm the one on ATS who would just shoot the dog, toss it in the back of the truck, drive a few miles, and be done with it without batting an eye, not Ahabstar. I grew up in the sticks, strange, aggressive dogs on your personal property never lead to good things in my world. He actually handled this very humanely, far moreso than I would have and he's a better person than I am for that fact. No need for anyone to do anything other than tip their hat to his restraint and proper handling of a potentially dangerous situation.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

yeah - because - no one has ever managed to control a violent dog before - without firearms

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Luckily it was you with a gun and not a police officer.

Otherwise the dog would be dead.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

yeah - because - no one has ever managed to control a violent dog before - without firearms

What's the point, though? If it isn't your dog, is it worth the risks and time involved?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Most people know that I wouldn’t intentionally hurt a dog unless absolutely necessary to do so. It also serves as a cautionary tale for owners to keep their dogs properly restrained on a lead or dog run because they can wander off and get into trouble. And that not everyone will be as kind encountering your dog unexpectedly.

So did I fire a round into the ground? Yes, because nothing else was getting his attention enough to settle down absent a very harsh “sit down” which is not the proper tone for training.

Bonus is that I know several members would like the story as framed and that even a few would be upset by it by making incorrect assumptions without fully reading like I killed a dog, shot up a neighborhood over a dog or other crazy exaggerations. Both of which are entertaining for people with patience and comprehension when seeing replies.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

...and why should I, if that dog is dangerous, or appears to be so?

I'm not about to let a dog harm someone.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I'm the one on ATS who would just shoot the dog, toss it in the back of the truck, drive a few miles, and be done with it without batting an eye, not Ahabstar. I grew up in the sticks, strange, aggressive dogs on your personal property never lead to good things in my world. He actually handled this very humanely, far moreso than I would have and he's a better person than I am for that fact. No need for anyone to do anything other than tip their hat to his restraint and proper handling of a potentially dangerous situation.

Well that is just damn sad. It was apparent that the dog was "obedient" after he heard the gun. I live in the sticks. Every day there are dogs that get away from their owners. One time my dog did too, slipped right out of her collar (I was with her btw, but she sprinted off so fast), so glad the farmer next door just ignored her. I hate to think if she was not acting like herself that someone wouldn't take a second to see if she was lost or what and instead just shot her.

There was a neighbor that lost their dog. Their son has disabilities and this dog is his best friend. The dog was gone for three weeks in the middle of Wisconsin winter. The entire town was looking for that dog. Sure enough, she finally showed up, she looked horrible as you can imagine. She was ragged, dirty and half starving, but she made it. I imagine she looked "strange, and aggressive" as you put it.

Edit to add> Kudos to the OP for just making a noise first. I'm all for protecting yourself from any animal but sometimes it really isn't necessary. Unless they are attack turkeys, in that case shoot away. (i'm not even joking)
edit on 9-4-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Bayonet for an Enfield rifle? 17 inches tip to guard. But there is no way of warning going that route. Tranquilizer darts like in the movies? Don’t have them and there are risks of ODing the dog or other injury due to trying to escape before the drug kicks in. Boot to the chops? Ouch.

All other options, this was the most humane and quickest to lethality if the situation called for it afterwards. Besides the coyotes around here (and there are far more than I would like there to be) like my option as well. But imagine that big bloodhound mixing with those smaller coyotes and becoming coy dogs?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That would have been two bites and a swallow for this one.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

One round safely expended to demonstrate how loud it was made the dog both obedient and calm as well as very cognizant of my location

Lucky it wasn't a cat or hope it wasn't a dog that feels like a cat.

HaHaHa...this wins the internet today, really Funny !

Sounds like Ahabstar handled the unruly dog with a Country Bang ! My Dad used to do a similar thing in the City way by loudly slapping a newspaper on his hand when our German Shepard got unruly, calmed that dog down right away ! He never had to actually hit the dog, the loud noise established who was the Alpha dog, so to speak.

That Country hound dog, learned in the Country, that it's not a good idea to start biting human's wrists to play, cause those humans have the ability to make a loud noise that threatens them, a smart dog settle's down.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join