It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese F 35 reported missing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The supposed "meteorite" that crashed off the west coast of the US a few months back is finally sampling the menu of Earth. Japanese cuisine, combination platter F35.

Wonder what it will take next...

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The JASDF has suspended F-35 operations in the wake of the crash.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
It went down just off the coast of Japan. Russia and China aren't going to get their hands on it.
ok 😥

Are you sure??? 😖

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Even if they can get the ships there to salvage it, salvaging something in deep water can take weeks depending on depth. There's no way they'd be able to park over the crash site that long without either Japan or the US, on their behalf, chasing them off.
edit on 4/9/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/9/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Even if they can get the ships there to salvage it, it appears to be within the Japanese EEZ. Salvaging something in deep water can take weeks depending on depth. There's no way they'd be able to park over the crash site that long without either Japan or the US, on their behalf, chasing them off.

Any reports regarding the pilot?
I imagine he would be quite new to the F35, it would be a massive learning curve(not suggesting pilot error, was just an observation).

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Is this the Japanese squadron that only went operational a week or so ago?

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackIbanez

Japanese pilots and maintainers have been training in Arizona as well as in Japan. They started flying their own aircraft there last year. Most are going to be transferring from F-4s or F-2s most likely. They're not highly experienced on the F-35, but not novice pilots either.

(post by osoespacialpoco removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: osoespacialpoco

There's a world of difference between having plans and having an actual article to work with.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the F-35 supposed to disappear from radar?

JK...

Seriously, I hope the pilot ejected safely and is found quickly. Even the best air frames sometimes develop problems that even a most experienced pilot cannot overcome...

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Whew....lets hope the warranty was still good.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It went down just off the coast of Japan. Russia and China aren't going to get their hands on it.

It disappeared from radar off Japan, something any F-35 pilot can do without a problem if he wants to go the space ghost route and nobody would know until its spotted on an enemy tarmac. Nobody said it crashed, that is what they hope for now. I have memories of the mig-25 landing in Japan when its pilot decided to defect with Russia's most advanced aircraft. NATO is praying that this plane is in ocean, in a million pieces and the pilot is floating.

Drones might find the answer soon but hopefully the pilot just had to ditch and is ok or was just hot dogging and slapped the water.

The U.S. and Partners will be screwed if this plane is in enemy hands.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Defection?

God damn

a reply to: RudeMarine

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackbird9393
Defection?

God damn

a reply to: RudeMarine

That is what my spidey senses are telling me but I hope I am wrong or the U.S. will need to bomb the hell out of that aircraft, before any disassembly. Its vital that the info onboard that aircraft stays a secret, especially at the speed China can reproduce things.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The chances of this being a defection are so remote that it's barely even worth mentioning.

An oil slick was found near where the aircraft went missing.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: osoespacialpoco

originally posted by: Arnie123
Oh this isn't good...

WE CAN'T LET THE CHINESE GET IT.

Don't get your star spangled panties in a twist.

They got it years ago through all the hacks and dodgy security used, hence why they have already built a knock off.
Ok cool, just roll over and let them take everything, GOT IT

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Like zaphod said it’s extremely remote. But the thought had crossed my mind. a reply to: RudeMarine

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Wrong side of Japan for too much worrying.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Oh this isn't good...

WE CAN'T LET THE CHINESE GET IT.

They already stole a lot of data on it a decade ago. How do you think their J-20 and Russia's PAK-FA got off the ground so quick.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

There is a huge difference between reading about something, and getting a working example. I still have no doubt that it's deep underwater, but if either Russia or China got a fully intact aircraft, their aerospace programs would jump significantly.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join