It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wall: 82 Miles Completed ~450 By 2020, Says Army Corps of Engineers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Well, all last week drudge ran headlines saying no wall has been built. Big bold letters, red headlines, obviously meant to damage Trump among his base. But here we have it from the Commanding General of the Army Corps of Engineers, Lt. Gen. Todd T. Semonite. 82 miles have been placed already. Another 97 by the end of the year, then 277 miles in 2020 for a grand total of ~450 miles of wall. Get out of the way and we'll have that border sealed up by 2022, thanks 100% to Trump. No thanks to congressional republicans and definitely no thanks for congressional dems.

Unfortunately, we are still going to need congress to step up to the plate and fix our asylum laws. As it stands, the wall will be far less effective than it could be because of those laws.

So where's the drudge headline? Oh that's right, he's all about chaos. So why correct it?

Here's a link to an article about it
edit on 9-4-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
And who paid for it? Asking for a muslim/middle american(*edit) friend.
edit on 9 4 2019 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Not Germany,who owns them now? we are at a conflict in Venezuela,possible war with the Russians,Chinese,Turks,Iran,all of which are trading with their ally Mexico,who shares a border with the USA,think a wall should be implimented before some immigrant entitlement funds,so the USA will pay for it,the funds were started in Obama Admin tell your muslin friend that

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Mexico

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Mexico

Your understanding of current events is grand.

I heard Mexico wrote the check made out to Trump and hand delivered it yesterday.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Pro Tip... watch for the name Tommy Fisher of North Dakota to pop up in national news soon.

His company can do it better, cheaper and finish a mile of barrier a day.

The Army Corps of engineers won't be the only ones on the project.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Isn't it? I mean how else should one respond to weak attempts like that? There are a hundred different ways to respond to the OP but every lefty gets their marching orders to go after "did mexico pay for it!?!?" as if we don't need a wall if mexico didn't pay for it. Or more importantly to the leftists, that trump is not keeping his promise to build the wall if mexico doesn't pay for it. It's absurd.

The truth is, if the left cared that mexico pay for it, they would have passed or supported the ted cruz bill which made el chapo's funds go to the wall. But they don't it's a lame talking point and it deserves no legitimate response. So every time a moronic lefty chimes in with "who paid for it" or " why didn't mexico pay for it" I'm going to say mexico paid for it and break their NPC programming.
edit on 9-4-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Why not tell lies and make up facts. Most of the people here and in the society do.

It's how to fix the country it seems.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Anything that breaks the left, fixes the country. Yes. I'm glad you understand this.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Anything that breaks the left, fixes the country. Yes. I'm glad you understand this.

Blindly taking a side isn't the answer. Too bad so many will never see that it is a lost cause. Carry on with the lies and nonsense.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

people are blind and don't care anyways, if you were Russian or Chinese what way better to land a ground war than snipping Mexico.. the border is weak as hell always has been.. Hell in Illinois i've seen many no American citizens working and sending money back to their families..... Is it that hard to protect our borders? Is it that everything I'm taxed on be shrouded in mystery? this country is screwed. because of people that don't think that way.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I didn't *blindly* choose a side. I did my research.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

can you reply to my #ty post? lol

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Why not tell lies and make up facts. Most of the people here and in the society do.

It's how to fix the country it seems.

Mexico did pay for it, just in a indirect way. Trump never stated he was going to get a check handled to him by the Mexican government. That’s just a lefty talking point that has no basis in reality. Dfairlite, you’re wasting your time trying to explain that to ignorant posters.
edit on 9-4-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: Typo

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Mexico hasn't paid for it. You have fallen for the BS. The actual money doesn't even matter in the issue.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Mexico hasn't paid for it. You have fallen for the BS. The actual money doesn't even matter in the issue.

Nope you fell for the BS. See how that works yet?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Nope you fell for the BS. See how that works yet?

Brilliant play.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
And who paid for it? Asking for a muslim/middle american(*edit) friend.

You obviously don't care any more than anyone else about who paid for it, but since it's being built and that's another plus in Trump's corner, the best defense is to complain about Mexico not paying for it.

Mexico not paying for the safety of America = TRUMP BAD
Mexico paying for the safety of America = MEXICO GOOD

Everyone knows the game of the left, they're too predictable. Carry on.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

But wait a minute... I thought illegal Mexican immigrants paid taxes? Isn't that the official position? So if the illegal Mexicans are paying taxes, and we are using taxes to pay for the wall, that means Mexicans are paying for the wall, right? Right?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You and I pay taxes also so we too are paying. Everybody seems to pay. it's a stupid argument though. It was used to convince people to join a side. The money really isn't an issue.

The government in collusion with banks creates money to make money appear to be meaningful since poor people are controlled by money. It keeps people thinking money means something to the government and then it can be used to persuade people via politicians.
edit on 4/9/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join