It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay candidate Pete Buttigieg tells Pence:

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: CriticalStinker

any time religion is discussed it pretty much makes for a ridiculous conversation.

I'd have to agree, but only because people like to bring their ego into it, which goes against most religions.

Though I don't necessarily subscribe to the literal narrative of Christ, I think the concept is beautiful and the literature is meaningful so long as you don't cherry pick your favorite versus while ignoring one's you dislike. Also it should be read with the context that it is translated, so unless you speak Greek you should look at it as a whole without getting hung up on specific words.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This isn't about why you voted for Trump, it's about Mike Pence, and his wife's open hostility and condemnation of all things "queer" while using his Bible to protect Trump's adultery.

You're quick to judge same sex committed love, as homosexual actions, contrary to "Christian" behavior standards, and quick to dismiss blatant and unrepentant adultery, while waving a Bible and a flag around, just like Mike Pence.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude yes, just why do we need to even know that he is gay?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude yes, just why do we need to even know that he is gay?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

This isn't about why you voted for Trump, it's about Mike Pence, and his wife's open hostility and condemnation of all things "queer" while using his Bible to protect Trump's adultery.

You're quick to judge same sex committed love, as homosexual actions, contrary to "Christian" behavior standards, and quick to dismiss blatant and unrepentant adultery, while waving a Bible and a flag around, just like Mike Pence.

It's not about why I voted about Trump only because I brought it up before you could convict me.
You're not as subtle as you think.

Blah, blah, blah.

If you like you can read what Jesus said himself:

And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, s“Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?” 4 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”
Matthew 19: 3-6

But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ 7 h‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife,1 8 and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. 9 What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”
Mark 10: 6-9

Now Christ was teaching in the Roman Empire and during this time all manner of sexual license was allowed including homosexuality. Had Jesus meant to update God's sexual ethic and understanding of what a marriage, this would have been the time to do it, but he didn't. Instead he reiterated teachings from God given in Genesis.

He doesn't mean to explicitly talk about same sex marriage because if the definition talks about one man and one woman, it pretty much excludes any other definition. And he goes on to talk about sex outside of marriage being a sin. So that would mean any kind of sexual behavior, not just homosexual behavior, but heterosexual behavior too.

I personally am not saying anything, only reading the book and telling you what it means in plain text. Take your anger up with God and with Jesus.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Is this Gay Pete setting up a strawman?

Can anyone tell me what Pence said or did for Gay Pete to make a post which attempts to "respond" to anything Pence said or did?

Strawman.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Is this Gay Pete setting up a strawman?

Can anyone tell me what Pence said or did for Gay Pete to make a post which attempts to "respond" to anything Pence said or did?

Strawman.

Oh nothing. Pence did nothing except be Pence. It's the same thing his wife did. Nothing.

This is basically the left being who they are and doing what they do.

It's like Pence is out marching around acting like Fred Phelps when the only real reason anyone knows anything at all about any of this is because Mayor Pete opened his yap to make it an issue. Pence certainly hasn't said or done one tiny thing except breathe.

And it's crap like this that will make it a cold day in hell before I'll vote for any of the left leaning candidates. I know better than to make it open season on me and mine simply for basically being.
edit on 9-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Hmm, nothing in there from Jesus proscribing homosexuality?

Meanwhile,

Exodus 20
You shall not commit adultery.

...thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife

So important God said it twice!

And so did Jesus!

Matthew 5
27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery. 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Matthew 19:8
"Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yep, it's wrong too. Are you accusing me of adultery?

Basically, it's like this ...

I could give a rat's ass what Mayor Pete does in his life. It's his. But at the same time, I also don't have to approve of it either, just like I don't have to approve of how Trump's life has gone. But their lives are their own.

However, it is hardly Mayor Pete's place to call out Pence on morality from where I am sitting. Pence has done absolutely jack squat to prevent Mayor Pete from living his life exactly as he wants. Heck, Mayor Pete even has a legal partnership the law calls a marriage now, and Pence hasn't done jack to change that, neither has Trump.

So all of this is simply Mayor Pete whining because some of us look at the passages mentioned above and have a different view of what it all means and what is and is not proper.

You know what? I'll bet Mayor Pete is relying on the Muslims to vote for him, and I'd love to hear their take on what a marriage is.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I bet you're innocent.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
no, I don't. There is a good Chance Barry liked a little pickle on the side, and that part of him doesn't bother me a bit. I have a gay child, and love her no differently than the others. If I were looking for a replacement for a position that capitalized on a person't gayness, then how many petters puffed might be a determining factor, But for president of the US, it's just not. I need to know you can make the tough decisions and have had to do that in the past. Anyone can do the easy #.

You seem to want to paint me as a homophobe as I'm sure you think most Trump supporters are, but I'm just not. I don't hate black people because they are black, and I don't hate gay folks for being gay. I also don't hate white PPL for being white. Call me old school, but I think Dr. King had a pretty good message and it has resonated with me for a long time. Impress me because you are you, not because you need more attention.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yep, it's wrong too. Are you accusing me of adultery?

Basically, it's like this ...

I could give a rat's ass what Mayor Pete does in his life. It's his. But at the same time, I also don't have to approve of it either, just like I don't have to approve of how Trump's life has gone. But their lives are their own.

However, it is hardly Mayor Pete's place to call out Pence on morality from where I am sitting. Pence has done absolutely jack squat to prevent Mayor Pete from living his life exactly as he wants. Heck, Mayor Pete even has a legal partnership the law calls a marriage now, and Pence hasn't done jack to change that, neither has Trump.

So all of this is simply Mayor Pete whining because some of us look at the passages mentioned above and have a different view of what it all means and what is and is not proper.

You know what? I'll bet Mayor Pete is relying on the Muslims to vote for him, and I'd love to hear their take on what a marriage is.

As a congressman and as a governor Pence campaigned and voted against gay marriage and employment protections based on sexuality. The fact that he has been largely unsuccessful doesn't mean he hasn't tried to prevent him living his life as he would want.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

However, it is hardly Mayor Pete's place to call out Pence on morality from where I am sitting.

But, Mike Pence believes that it IS his place to call out and legislate against all things "queer". Mike Pence has dedicated his political life to harming and inhibiting gay rights.

Pence has done absolutely jack squat to prevent Mayor Pete from living his life exactly as he wants.

Exactly he opposite is true.

From running a think-tank that published virulently anti-gay articles, to trying to divert HIV/AIDS money to fund conversion therapy, to refusing to protect LGBT Hoosiers from discrimination, to actually legalizing anti-LGBT discrimination in Indiana, to palling around with notorious homophobes, to supporting a ban on gay marriage, and to decrying the ‘mainstreaming of homosexuality in the military’ after DADT was repealed...
www.towleroad.com...

But, Pence has no problem supporting, defending and lauding the Adulterer in Chief in the Oval Office and his anti-Christians policies, and has the nerve to say that God put him there.

I'll bet American Muslims would quicker vote for Mayor Pete that DJ Trump.

edit on 9-4-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Most of us on the conservative side of things saw what was coming if the law was changed to redefine the word marriage. Most of us were not against allowing gays to have the legal rights the government accords to married couples, but we also recognized that there are very different ideas of what a marriage is, and we would rather the government strip the word "marriage" from the law entirely for all than redefine it to mean "any two people."

You see the results:

People in businesses are being sued who hold to a different idea of marriage is based on their faith now despite a constitutionally protected right to freedom of religion. And even churches have come under threat for holding to a different belief on what the word is.

It has set up a situation where the 1st Amendment is in direct conflict with the 14th.

Employment protections are essentially the same sort of problem. What if your gay employee is simply a bad employee? Now you face possible legal trouble having to prove you didn't fire them over their orientation.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
no, I don't. There is a good Chance Barry liked a little pickle on the side, and that part of him doesn't bother me a bit. I have a gay child, and love her no differently than the others. If I were looking for a replacement for a position that capitalized on a person't gayness, then how many petters puffed might be a determining factor, But for president of the US, it's just not. I need to know you can make the tough decisions and have had to do that in the past. Anyone can do the easy #.

You seem to want to paint me as a homophobe as I'm sure you think most Trump supporters are, but I'm just not. I don't hate black people because they are black, and I don't hate gay folks for being gay. I also don't hate white PPL for being white. Call me old school, but I think Dr. King had a pret
ty good message and it has resonated with me for a long time. Impress me because you are you, not because you need more attention.

By good chance you mean evidence free conspiracy? But that beside the point

The point is that he is as far as we can tell extremely intelligent and has military and political experience.

With the possible exception of his age he seems extremely suited as a candidate, so trying to belittle him by saying he is using his ' Gayness' to get an edge is poor form.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

LOL, taqqiya.

Whatever you must to advance the cause of Islam. That's how they've tolerated supporting the Democrats so far. It gets them closer to their goals here while they chuck gays off of buildings in the Middle East.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

With the possible exception of his age he seems extremely suited as a candidate, so trying to belittle him by saying he is using his ' Gayness' to get an edge is poor form.

bull#. If he was worth a #, I'd not have any idea he was gay. I'd have known about him due to his amazing credentials. He sounds great, and I wish I'd have heard about him for different reasons, so as not to have this as my only attribution to him. But so far, all I know is he's gay. And wants to run for president. I swear if you look into this from a non-lunatic perspective you will at least see why I say what I say.

If he's as good as you seem to think, I hope he does something to stand out otherwise. I think everyone is tired of this crap.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ScepticScot

Most of us on the conservative side of things saw what was coming if the law was changed to redefine the word marriage. Most of us were not against allowing gays to have the legal rights the government accords to married couples, but we also recognized that there are very different ideas of what a marriage is, and we would rather the government strip the word "marriage" from the law entirely for all than redefine it to mean "any two people."

You see the results:

People in businesses are being sued who hold to a different idea of marriage is based on their faith now despite a constitutionally protected right to freedom of religion. And even churches have come under threat for holding to a different belief on what the word is.

It has set up a situation where the 1st Amendment is in direct conflict with the 14th.

Employment protections are essentially the same sort of problem. What if your gay employee is simply a bad employee? Now you face possible legal trouble having to prove you didn't fire them over their orientation.

Words change meaning all the time. Giving gay marriage a different name would have just left it with the taint of second best and done nothing but appeased bigots.

You can still sack a gay person for being a bad employee, if they are a bad employee it's in most cases pretty easy to demonstrate that.

Employment protections are there to protect people from blatant discrimination, if that forces employers to make sure they follow proper disciplinary processes for everyone then that's not a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

bull#. If he was worth a #, I'd not have any idea he was gay. I'd have known about him due to his amazing credentials. He sounds great, and I wish I'd have heard about him for different reasons, so as not to have this as my only attribution to him. But so far, all I know is he's gay. And wants to run for president. I swear if you look into this from a non-lunatic perspective you will at least see why I say what I say.

If he's as good as you seem to think, I hope he does something to stand out otherwise. I think everyone is tired of this crap.

I don't really have an opinion on whether he is good or not.

What I do know is that it took less time to Google his background that it would for you to have written you post suggesting he was relying on being gay.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You seem to want to paint me as a homophobe as I'm sure you think most Trump supporters are, but I'm just not. I don't hate black people because they are black, and I don't hate gay folks for being gay. I also don't hate white PPL for being white. Call me old school, but I think Dr. King had a pret
ty good message and it has resonated with me for a long time. Impress me because you are you, not because you need more attention.

By good chance you mean evidence free conspiracy? But that beside the point

The point is that he is as far as we can tell extremely intelligent and has military and political experience.

Every candidate in the Democrat field is checking a diversity box.

Mayor Pete is gay. Beto made up a fake name to seem more Hispanic. Kamala is playing the black female card. Warren is called Fauxcahontas for legitimate reasons. You know which card *she* played on top of the woman card. Yang is an Asian man. Gabbard is the first American Samoan and first Hindu in congress. Julian Castro is a real Hispanic. Gillibrand feminist woman. Cory Booker is running the black man and ancient Roman cards. Klobuchar is running the woman and bossy girl thing. Bernie is taking the old white Marxist approach. Messam is another son of Jamaicans. Hickenlooper, Inslee, Ryan, and Gravel seem to be running on with Biden on the old white man ticket. And Swalwell through himself in the angry white man who wants to take off and nuke gun owners from orbit.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join