It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay candidate Pete Buttigieg tells Pence:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: LSU2018

He can use it if he wants to, but I don't have to accept it.

True enough , you don't have to accept it but perhaps understand his point , as no direct quote was posted in the OP we can only go by what was posted but if he said "If you have a problem with who I am , your quarrel is with my creator" he didn't mention the Bible he simply said God is his creator and God created him gay , generally people don't choose to be gay and we know you can't catch gay so gay must be is in his nature , something he was born as.

As a Christian is it not your duty to accept him for who he is and not cast the first stone ?

No, it's not my duty to accept every man for who they are, and I didn't cast stones. If the little damsel is ever in distress while I'm around then I'll help him out, but only because I'm a gentleman, not because it's my duty. Besides, being gay isn't the sin according to the Bible, donging the same sex is.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Theophorus

If you believe Christian teaching, we are all made in the image of God. When pass people on the street, you are looking in the face of god.

Pence is blasphemous claiming otherwise.
edit on 9-4-2019 by icanteven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's nice to see him do so well in interviews, he's already has been on several shows and surprisingly he knows his stuff really well. Too soon to tell but him being gay, smart and religious could definitely make for some interesting debates

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Besides, being gay isn't the sin according to the Bible, donging the same sex is.

So is casting judgement.

While I doubt I would agree with the policy of whatever politicians this thread is about (pretty safe bet, I dislike them all). Every man is a sinner, and a guy who chooses to court with men probably sins comparably as Trump, who gets a pass with many Christians because they don't care that the bible says most sins are equal in the eyes of the Lord.... They have sins they personally dislike more.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

If you believe Christian teaching, we are all made in the image of God. When pass people on the street, you are looking in the face of god.

Actually, no. Adam was made in the image of God. But he screwed that all up when he got him and his esposa expelled from the garden.

We are cast in the fallen image of our ancestor, is what it is.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Besides, being gay isn't the sin according to the Bible, donging the same sex is.

So is casting judgement.

While I doubt I would agree with the policy of whatever politicians this thread is about (pretty safe bet, I dislike them all). Every man is a sinner, and a guy who chooses to court with men probably sins comparably as Trump, who gets a pass with many Christians because they don't care that the bible says most sins are equal in the eyes of the Lord.... They have sins they personally dislike more.

Respect.

I would say that Trump doesn't have that many 'fans' among wide-awake Christians. Just a lot of conservatives who held their noses and voted for him once, because he looked most likely to preserve their rights and property. They'd have voted for an avowed atheist who believeably promised to defend their guns and their capital gains.

The democrats are searching for SOMETHING that will disqualify Trump; whether it's his sex-life, or his billions, or his hate.

Most "Chreasters" (erstwhile Christians who only attend worship at Christmas and Easter) are manipulated into freaking out about sex-sin because it's frankly a lot more interesting than sins like charging too much interest or gossip (which is what they are doing, focusing on someone else's wrong sex); and sex-sin has become a marker in the culture wars for players on the blue team.

The binary thinking on the other side amounts to the label that if you're not a cheer leader for pride parades and drag races, you're a hater.

Basically, all politics these days amounts to, "either you are one of us, or you're the enemy!"

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

I have the benefit of being agnostic, so when I look at a politician their salvation or lack there of has no consequence on me. I'd say more times than not when religion gets brought into a political discussion it becomes a tool of dogma.

If someone was truly to press me on matters of morality for a president, in my lifetime I haven't seen more or less from any of them.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ghaleon12

You mean when someone calls him 'Buttplug'?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Look, I don't care what you do outside of your job so do not bring it to your job. I don't care if he is gay or not. What are his policies? Just like those who said Trumps a dirtbag because he likes pretty women. Don't care.

There was a time when your personal life was just that. Personal. They ran on a platform and not an identity. Look at the DNC crowd.

There is not ONE of them who brings anything new or fresh. Not one. In fact, most are using the gender/race card and pushing many of the same things Trump is working on and for now.

They each need something 'crazy' for media attention and so far it is not working, especially for the Irishman who wants to identify as Cheech and actually changed his name.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

God nuked Sodom & Gomorrah because of all the gay "donging (lol) each other. God must be racist to some here. Not you or me, but some.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
With a last name of Buttwhatever...the jokes just write themselves.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Look, I don't care what you do outside of your job so do not bring it to your job. I don't care if he is gay or not. What are his policies? Just like those who said Trumps a dirtbag because he likes pretty women. Don't care.

There was a time when your personal life was just that. Personal. They ran on a platform and not an identity. Look at the DNC crowd.

There is not ONE of them who brings anything new or fresh. Not one. In fact, most are using the gender/race card and pushing many of the same things Trump is working on and for now.

They each need something 'crazy' for media attention and so far it is not working, especially for the Irishman who wants to identify as Cheech and actually changed his name.

What are his policies? Who knows. All the media can seem to talk about is how gay he is and hold him on a pedestal for it. I guess that's enough in their eyes.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro

God nuked Sodom & Gomorrah because of all the gay "donging (lol) each other. God must be racist to some here. Not you or me, but some.

That's absolutely right. S&G was San Francisco of the BC era.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Last I checked, homosexuality is an act, not some sort of physical deformity. So, of course, homosexuals are the same type of human as everyone else. It is the behavior that is different. We each control our personal behaviors.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen

Scientists tell us that Native Americans are prone to alcoholism; they are just born that way. Are they still responsible for for the harm they cause when drunk?

LMAO where did you get this BS from?

No, Native Americans aren't genetically more susceptible to alcoholism

there’s no evidence that Native Americans are more biologically susceptible to substance use disorders than any other group, says Joseph Gone, associate professor of psychology at the University of Michigan

edit on 9-4-2019 by fallen1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It pretty clearly states man shall not lay with another man. If you're looking to discuss what the Bible says about homosexuality, that's a clear statement it's not something to act on. People have an agenda who say it's unclear or the evidence states countrary things regarding homosexuality. It's quite clear.

Is that correct is a totally different and valid question.

Not my view, I say get it on people however you need to.

a reply to: Boadicea

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Last I checked, homosexuality is an act, not some sort of physical deformity. So, of course, homosexuals are the same type of human as everyone else. It is the behavior that is different. We each control our personal behaviors.

Is heterosexuality an act too?
Is the President's adultery a controllable personal behavior, or was DJ Trump born that way?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
It pretty clearly states man shall not lay with another man. If you're looking to discuss what the Bible says about homosexuality, that's a clear statement it's not something to act on. People have an agenda who say it's unclear or the evidence states countrary things regarding homosexuality. It's quite clear.

Is that correct is a totally different and valid question.

Not my view, I say get it on people however you need to.

a reply to: Boadicea

I starred your comment, but I do disagree with the last statement. It's a bit open ended. Presumably, the rapist and the pedophile are "getting it on however they need to".

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

any time religion is discussed it pretty much makes for a ridiculous conversation.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: ketsuko

Is heterosexuality an act too?
Is the President's adultery a controllable personal behavior, or was DJ Trump born that way?

They absolutely are. The sex act is an action. You choose to engage in it no matter who you are engaging in it with, unless, of course, you are being compelled say being raped.

Your physical desires are not necessarily under your control, but how you choose to act on them is.

And, of course, I've been very open that I didn't not vote for Trump based on his moral uprightness as a Christian man. I weighed my options. Neither he or Hillary are moral, upstanding people. But Hillary was far more likely to lead a government hostile to allowing me to live my faith. Trump, on the other hand, doesn't seem to care much one way or the other except that government not be in my way to live my faith.

So that was all the calculation I needed to make on that score.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join