It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay candidate Pete Buttigieg tells Pence:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: network dude
Why does anyone need to know he's gay? Or is his gayness his edge and ticket into the big time? So he's not good enough to make it on his own merit, he needs the "gay" qualifier to push him over the edge? I'd be ashamed to have to go through life like that.

From wiki.

Buttigieg is a Rhodes Scholar and a magna cum laude graduate of Harvard University. From 2007 to 2010 he was a consultant at McKinsey and Company, a management strategy consulting firm.[2] From 2009 to 2017 he served as an intelligence officer in the United States Navy Reserve, attaining the rank of lieutenant and deploying for the War in Afghanistan in 2014.

Seems like a reasonably impressive CV to me. How is his 'Gayness' giving him an edge?

he could be the FIRST GAY PRESIDENT!!!!
Pretend you don't get it, your kids might believe you, I don't.

Do you have a problem with someone Gay being president?

Yes. Because he should run on his merits, not his sexual preference. Americans don't need to know if he's gay or not, they just need to know his platform. Being gay is neither here nor there.

How does being gay stop him running on his merits?

You need to ask him that. There's no reason to put your sexual preference out there unless you think it will bring votes in.

Have you ever seen a presidential candidate announce that he's straight?

Since the assumption is that they are why would they need to?

And of course no presidential candidate has ever bragged about his success with the ladies...

Because there's no need to tell everyone your sexual preference. We don't care, and we never have. But once you tell everyone, don't be surprised if you lose voters over it. In today's climate, all the democrats will focus on with a gay candidate is his sexuality and it will be used to call all who oppose him a homophobe.

I'm sure you're referring to Trump, who never bragged about his success with the ladies as part of his platform. ABC News brought up his success with the ladies in an effort to make him look like a misogynist. Thanks for the reminder.

Only a few years ago being outed as Gay would have been the end of any politicians presidential hopes. The idea that no one has ever cared is obviously false.

Whose presidential hopes did it end? You probably said the same thing about blacks, but Jesse Jackson ran for president in 1984 and 1988 and his hopes didn't end due to his skin color. He just didn't have a platform that reached America. That reminds me, what is Pete's platform again? The only thing I've heard about him in the mainstream news is that he's gay. I wanna say he is upset that he's white, but I could be getting him confused with Joe Biden, Beta O'Rourke, and Bernie Sanders.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
doody-hole preference

HA!

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Butigeg is running against the persona of Mike Pence, even though Pence isn't in the race.

Butigeg and his democrat supporters want to view him getting elected mayor of southbend to be a referendum against the conservatism exemplified by Pence.

Its like how Trump ran against Obama in 2016, in the eyes of his base, even though Obama wasn't a candidate.

Its how you shore up your support within your own party.

Nothing Butigeg says (or can say) is going to convert one conservative to liberalism.

Throwing rocks at Pence isn't going to get Butigeg any conservative votes. It isn't designed to. It is to tell liberal christians that they can vote for a gay and still be good christians.
edit on 9-4-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: LSU2018

Yeah but they do that by pushing false narratives to create dissonance within the us. These same people also promote defending Islam while ignoring the crimes against gays etc committed by Islamic nations.

In order to rip the carpet out from under them we need to open the eyes of the people they are manipulating to what they are trying to do. The scenario would create a situation where they would be stuck between a rock and a hard place, either lose their Islamic support they seem to be pushing hard for or lose their gay, woman, atheist, Christian and other supporters regularly killed for simply existing by these nations.

I agree with you. The dems are fighting among each other at levels I've never seen already because of their different ideas. They get worse and worse as they attempt to sink the right. Their childish stupidity is off the charts and best part about it is that they don't even see it.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wait... the guys name is Pete BUTT?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Hope you're not wearing mixed fabric and eating a whole host of forbidden things. In fact many of the things the bible say you should do are against the law. Do you do them? How strictly do you follow the bible? Well enough to be throwing this first stone?

I follow the new testament pretty well. The old testament isn't practiced anymore. Like I said, he can use it, but I don't have to accept it. Just like nobody has to accept my use of it. Fair enough?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
Butigeg is running against the persona of Mike Pence, even though Pence isn't in the race.

Butigeg and his democrat supporters want to view him getting elected mayor of southbend to be a referendum against the conservatism exemplified by Pence.

Its like how Trump ran against Obama in 2016, in the eyes of his base, even though Obama wasn't a candidate.

Its how you shore up your support within your own party.

Nothing Butigeg says (or can say) is going to convert one conservative to liberalism.

Throwing rocks at Pence isn't going to get Butigeg any conservative votes. It isn't designed to. It is to tell liberal christians that they can vote for a gay and still be good christians.

Trump ran against the current president's policies that were hurting Americans at the time. Buttgige is running against someone who doesn't make policies.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

It is to tell liberal christians that they can vote for a gay and still be good christians.

I fail to see how voting for any politician would change your stance of "being a good Christian".

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Fair enough. But every time the anyone on the right focuses on being anti gay but ignores the other things because it's inconvenient they just prove hypocrisy and make themselves look prejudiced. They are goading you and you're falling for the bait.

Ignore his gayness and you prove him wrong. Keep throwing temper tantrums because he's throwing his gayness about you just prove their point. Shrug and say, 'ok you're gay, so what?', and you all win and make him look like an idiot. Some of you can't do that though because in the end it's true.

I'm not for this guy, I think he's a puppet for people I don't support. He wants to scream he's gay I don't care. I'd rather everyone ignored it and his attempts to goad them. Because if they do it will fail as then all he have left are policies because no one is giving him the ammunition he needs to keep it about his sexuality.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
The last time I checked, the Bible was a ridiculously preposterous musty old book full of made up BS that was written by a bunch people who were barely a step up from cavemen trying to explain things they didn't understand. Those morons would have probably said it's a sin to use a computer too if they had any idea that computers would ever exist.

If that's your opinion then don't read it. Problem solved.

The problem is that not reading it won't stop people who believe in it from trying to force me to abide by laws they make that are based on their superstitious nonsense. At that point, I kinda don't have a choice but to say something.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It is to tell liberal christians that they can vote for a gay and still be good christians.

I fail to see how voting for any politician would change your stance of "being a good Christian".

It wouldn't; it's just the democrat perception.

In my opinion, the democrat leadership is largely non-religious (not that there's anything wrong with that), but try to speak religious language to garner votes. It is pretty hollow and off-putting to have someone who doesn't believe in Jesus tell you how you should read specific verses in the Bible.

Trump has done that a few times as well. His advisors told him to cut it out pretty quickly, because it made it obvious that he wasn't a person of deep faith, either.
edit on 9-4-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Kudos for being fair and calling the lip service out all around.

Thanks for elaborating.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

He can use it if he wants to, but I don't have to accept it.

True enough , you don't have to accept it but perhaps understand his point , as no direct quote was posted in the OP we can only go by what was posted but if he said "If you have a problem with who I am , your quarrel is with my creator" he didn't mention the Bible he simply said God is his creator and God created him gay , generally people don't choose to be gay and we know you can't catch gay so gay must be is in his nature , something he was born as.

As a Christian is it not your duty to accept him for who he is and not cast the first stone ?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think the problem comes from peoples willingness to idealize or bring in religious discussion about our employees.

I think politicians have proven for the most part that is folly on our part.

They either do the job they were hired to or they don't. Their personal beliefs about philosophy on the origin of man does little for me.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

He can use it if he wants to, but I don't have to accept it.

True enough , you don't have to accept it but perhaps understand his point , as no direct quote was posted in the OP we can only go by what was posted but if he said "If you have a problem with who I am , your quarrel is with my creator" he didn't mention the Bible he simply said God is his creator and God created him gay , generally people don't choose to be gay and we know you can't catch gay so gay must be is in his nature , something he was born as.

As a Christian is it not your duty to accept him for who he is and not cast the first stone ?

Scientists tell us that Native Americans are prone to alcoholism; they are just born that way. Are they still responsible for for the harm they cause when drunk?

I personally, don't believe in "orientation", which is a political concept, not an accurate description of the constellation of complex behaviors that make up adult sexuality. Personally, I believe you are only as gay or as straight as your last sex act. Everything else is just labels.

But to be clear, there are only two kinds of sex. Consensual sex, and non-consenting sex. People, all of us, are responsible for the consensual sex we choose. That determines my sexual mores as a christian. I'm morally responsible for the consensual sex I engage in. I'm not responsible for the things done to me, but for the things I choose.

the Bible doesn't talk about gender orientation because its a made-up category from post-renaissance philosophy. the Bible is quite clear that all sex outside of marriage is wrong. Not the end of the world, not automatic banishment to hell with no possibility of repentance, but merely wrong. The Episcopalian Church in America has ruled that the sexual mores of the Bible don't really apply to modern people, that you can pick and choose which parts of the Bible you're going to live by. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But Butigeg or any democrat, or any republican telling me what my religion should be IS addressed in the Bible.

Folks here on ATS may think that the Bible is a bunch of irrelevant myths from the Bronze Age....

But the Bible tells the story of the first murder. And the first murder happened because one person (Cain) who had bad religion hated someone who's religion was working for him, putting himself (Abel) in harmony with his creator. the Bible says that the first murder wasn't about money or sex or power. The first murder was about bad religion.

So why should we read an old story from the Bronze Age, in our modern world of facebook and computers?

Because while our tech has evolved since the Bronze Age, our morals haven't. We still lie, cheat and steal. We still mistreat people because of what they think in their hearts.

We still read Bronze Age stories because our misbehavior is still ... stuck in that Bronze Age.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Theophorus
If you have a problem with who I am , your quarrel is with my creator. source : (various news outlets...the usual lib media)

First and foremost I don't have a problem with Peter Buttigieg being gay. Thus being said, I do have a problem with any gay person using the bible as a political tool to advance his/her agenda, thus being president. Again, I could care less what your sexual orientation is (keep it in the bedroom) .

However,

The Bible strictly condemns homosexuality. Marriage is between Man and Woman.

side note
Mike Pence is only adhering to what the bibles teaches.

My questions .. Is Pete Buttigieg trying to blur traditional christian belief to get voters on his side? who is Pete Buttigiegs creator? I'm pretty sure that every major religion condemns homosexuality. Its strange that he would want to distant himself from millions of Christians being that he seems very intelligent .

Any thoughts?

You know what is really absurd? Um, no it doesn't. It doesnt say that at all and I would argue even that it is quite obvious hat the Bible supports it. Look at you first of all presenting yourself as the obedient Christian when compared to the sinful gays. Isnt that a major sin...you knw.. thinking you have any businrss helping God out with his job as if he needs your help? We have one pupose and one order. We are to treat everyone with love and equality and anything else well that just doesnt concern you and the Lord can get through just fine without deputizing you. You have never read the Bible. You just haven't and you dot even know it. But use some common damn sense. Would Christ instruct us to marginalize acertain people? To shun them? Not serve them? Or do you think it's more likely you have it wrong? I am a Christian but consarn it your self righteous pathetic putting yourself on God's pedestal and your life on his refrigerator with the ony magnet then going to instruct the less-than-yous on how to be beter like you...buddy, you alredy missed the whle measage of Christ and if anyone wil be burning in ell it kll be you withk yoir prode, judgement, igorance, laziness, and insultin God himself.

edit on 4/9/2019 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Identity politics at its finest. Is he a bug chaser or a gift giver? Does he have purple spots? We need all the sorted details of the fecal fetish in Chief..

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Fair enough. But every time the anyone on the right focuses on being anti gay but ignores the other things because it's inconvenient they just prove hypocrisy and make themselves look prejudiced. They are goading you and you're falling for the bait.

Ignore his gayness and you prove him wrong. Keep throwing temper tantrums because he's throwing his gayness about you just prove their point. Shrug and say, 'ok you're gay, so what?', and you all win and make him look like an idiot. Some of you can't do that though because in the end it's true.

I'm not for this guy, I think he's a puppet for people I don't support. He wants to scream he's gay I don't care. I'd rather everyone ignored it and his attempts to goad them. Because if they do it will fail as then all he have left are policies because no one is giving him the ammunition he needs to keep it about his sexuality.

Wait, why would it be considered anti-gay?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The last time I checked, the Bible was a ridiculously preposterous musty old book full of made up BS that was written by a bunch people who were barely a step up from cavemen trying to explain things they didn't understand. Those morons would have probably said it's a sin to use a computer too if they had any idea that computers would ever exist.

If that's your opinion then don't read it. Problem solved.

The problem is that not reading it won't stop people who believe in it from trying to force me to abide by laws they make that are based on their superstitious nonsense. At that point, I kinda don't have a choice but to say something.

Who forces you to abide by the rules of the Bible? Abortion and gay marriage existed before they were issues.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Theophorus

He should be thanking Trump for being the ONLY Major Party Candidate EVER to support gay marriage during an election cycle.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join