It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay candidate Pete Buttigieg tells Pence:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: LSU2018

Many of the worlds leaders, especially Muslim countries will have a huge problem in dealing with a gay President. How would he handle that? Some may even refuse to shake his hand or meet with him.

As much as his sexual preference is nobody's business, and he shouldn't be running on "identity" politics and being a "cute gay couple", it will matter very much if he's elected when dealing with bigoted world leaders.

Great point. I hadn't even thought about that but I'd be surprised to see anybody outside of (at the current point) Canada or England meet with him.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You need to ask him that. There's no reason to put your sexual preference out there unless you think it will bring votes in.

Have you ever seen a presidential candidate announce that he's straight?

Yes. Every time they bring their partner out for the media.

Straight or gay should not matter, the best candidate should get the job.....

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

Why does anyone need to know he's gay?

Well, his husband is kind of an elephant in room...

Bullhorse. The reason everyone needs to know he's gay is so that everyone, well, every Republican, who votes against him can be labeled a homophobe. There's no other reason to put your sexual preference out there. Democrats are known for putting out there whatever can benefit them most. That's why Clinton talked, all the time, about being the first female president. While it didn't work, it still gave democrats the opportunity to call everyone a misogynist.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Why does anyone need to know he's gay? Or is his gayness his edge and ticket into the big time? So he's not good enough to make it on his own merit, he needs the "gay" qualifier to push him over the edge? I'd be ashamed to have to go through life like that.

From wiki.

Buttigieg is a Rhodes Scholar and a magna cum laude graduate of Harvard University. From 2007 to 2010 he was a consultant at McKinsey and Company, a management strategy consulting firm.[2] From 2009 to 2017 he served as an intelligence officer in the United States Navy Reserve, attaining the rank of lieutenant and deploying for the War in Afghanistan in 2014.

Seems like a reasonably impressive CV to me. How is his 'Gayness' giving him an edge?

he could be the FIRST GAY PRESIDENT!!!!

Well it's a fact Obama was the first.

But the SECOND GAY PRESIDENT is also fun.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Be glad then. The deplorable crap is a good chunk of what sunk Clinton. Pissed off people vote.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: EchoesInTime
in fact would love for someone gay and atheist just to expose the real bigotry in the world.

Uh, what? Have you ever looked up the term "bigot"?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Why does anyone need to know he's gay? Or is his gayness his edge and ticket into the big time? So he's not good enough to make it on his own merit, he needs the "gay" qualifier to push him over the edge? I'd be ashamed to have to go through life like that.

From wiki.

Buttigieg is a Rhodes Scholar and a magna cum laude graduate of Harvard University. From 2007 to 2010 he was a consultant at McKinsey and Company, a management strategy consulting firm.[2] From 2009 to 2017 he served as an intelligence officer in the United States Navy Reserve, attaining the rank of lieutenant and deploying for the War in Afghanistan in 2014.

Seems like a reasonably impressive CV to me. How is his 'Gayness' giving him an edge?

Pretend you don't get it, your kids might believe you, I don't.

Do you have a problem with someone Gay being president?

Yes. Because he should run on his merits, not his sexual preference. Americans don't need to know if he's gay or not, they just need to know his platform. Being gay is neither here nor there.

How does being gay stop him running on his merits?

You need to ask him that. There's no reason to put your sexual preference out there unless you think it will bring votes in.

Since the assumption is that they are why would they need to?

And of course no presidential candidate has ever bragged about his success with the ladies...

Because there's no need to tell everyone your sexual preference. We don't care, and we never have. But once you tell everyone, don't be surprised if you lose voters over it. In today's climate, all the democrats will focus on with a gay candidate is his sexuality and it will be used to call all who oppose him a homophobe.

I'm sure you're referring to Trump, who never bragged about his success with the ladies as part of his platform. ABC News brought up his success with the ladies in an effort to make him look like a misogynist. Thanks for the reminder.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

I would respect this candidate more if he simply brought his partner/spouse out the same way and made the statement that his policies are what define him not his gayness. End all debate.

In reality, most of the homosexual population go about their lives just being, not introducing themselves as being gay. It may come up briefly but usually is a non topic to most interactions in daily life. They don't define themselves as gay...they just are who they are individually.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Clinton alienated the white vote, she alienated the female vote. She focused almost solely on the minority vote and that's another thing that cost her. And it looks like the democrats haven't learned a thing because Biden, Bernie, and Beto are all out there apologizing profusely for being white. Clinton didn't even go that far and look how it turned out for her.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

A person who is INTOLERANT towards a person who holds a different opinion or views.

What else would you call being unwilling to even deal with a person simply for being gay or atheist? What else would you call people who murder and kill gays or atheists because they disagree with them?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

A person who is INTOLERANT towards a person who holds a different opinion or views. What else would you call being unwilling to even deal with a person simply for being gay or atheist? What else would you call people who murder and kill gays or atheists because they disagree with them?

An extreme left but progressive identity politician from the DNC?

Added full quote for better clarification.
edit on 4 9 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Many of the worlds leaders, especially Muslim countries will have a huge problem in dealing with a gay President. How would he handle that? Some may even refuse to shake his hand or meet with him.

As much as his sexual preference is nobody's business, and he shouldn't be running on "identity" politics and being a "cute gay couple", it will matter very much if he's elected when dealing with bigoted world leaders.

Great point. I hadn't even thought about that but I'd be surprised to see anybody outside of (at the current point) Canada or England meet with him.

Because everywhere in Europe (not to mention Australia/new Zealand) are all really homophobic?

Which kind of misses the point, that do you really want to rule people out for president based on the views of other countries?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

a reply to: gortex

I don't have a problem with straight men using the Bible as a tool. That's normal.

Then you don't have a problem with a gay man using it too , or is that not normal ?

If you don't like then that's your opinion and you can vote against anyone using it. Then we can forget about it and all move on. Pretty cool huh?

Personally I'd rather people kept the Bible out of politics , religion and state should be kept separate.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

From wiki.

Pretend you don't get it, your kids might believe you, I don't.

Do you have a problem with someone Gay being president?

Yes. Because he should run on his merits, not his sexual preference. Americans don't need to know if he's gay or not, they just need to know his platform. Being gay is neither here nor there.

How does being gay stop him running on his merits?

Since the assumption is that they are why would they need to?

And of course no presidential candidate has ever bragged about his success with the ladies...

Because there's no need to tell everyone your sexual preference. We don't care, and we never have. But once you tell everyone, don't be surprised if you lose voters over it. In today's climate, all the democrats will focus on with a gay candidate is his sexuality and it will be used to call all who oppose him a homophobe.

I'm sure you're referring to Trump, who never bragged about his success with the ladies as part of his platform. ABC News brought up his success with the ladies in an effort to make him look like a misogynist. Thanks for the reminder.

Only a few years ago being outed as Gay would have been the end of any politicians presidential hopes. The idea that no one has ever cared is obviously false.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

A person who is INTOLERANT towards a person who holds a different opinion or views.

What else would you call being unwilling to even deal with a person simply for being gay or atheist? What else would you call people who murder and kill gays or atheists because they disagree with them?

My point is that we're all bigots in one way or another, we just don't show it all the time. So it didn't make sense to me when you said running a gay or atheist would expose the bigotry. Democrats are the worst though (and they'll prove it with violence if you don't think like they do), and they support gay and/or atheist whether they like it or not. They have to.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I would respect this candidate more if he simply brought his partner/spouse out the same way and made the statement that his policies are what define him not his gayness. End all debate.

In reality, most of the homosexual population go about their lives just being, not introducing themselves as being gay. It may come up briefly but usually is a non topic to most interactions in daily life. They don't define themselves as gay...they just are who they are individually.

I can't say i really disagree with you. I was simply pointing out that other candidates openly profess their sexuality also. As sexuality seems to be such an issue for some, possibly he was simply getting it out there before it may become an issue? (not that it should).

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I can't say i really disagree with you. I was simply pointing out that other candidates openly profess their sexuality also. As sexuality seems to be such an issue for some, possibly he was simply getting it out there before it may become an issue? (not that it should).

Actually, all he did was make it an issue. Same with all of the DNC identity politics. They are making divisive stereotyping identities an issue instead of promoting equality and individuality.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Yeah but they do that by pushing false narratives to create dissonance within the us. These same people also promote defending Islam while ignoring the crimes against gays etc committed by Islamic nations.

In order to rip the carpet out from under them we need to open the eyes of the people they are manipulating to what they are trying to do. The scenario would create a situation where they would be stuck between a rock and a hard place, either lose their Islamic support they seem to be pushing hard for or lose their gay, woman, atheist, Christian and other supporters regularly killed for simply existing by these nations.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

a reply to: gortex

I don't have a problem with straight men using the Bible as a tool. That's normal.

Then you don't have a problem with a gay man using it too , or is that not normal ?

If you don't like then that's your opinion and you can vote against anyone using it. Then we can forget about it and all move on. Pretty cool huh?

Personally I'd rather people kept the Bible out of politics , religion and state should be kept separate.

Gay people represent around 2% of the country and is forbidden according to the Bible. He can use it if he wants to, but I don't have to accept it.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Hope you're not wearing mixed fabric and eating a whole host of forbidden things. In fact many of the things the bible say you should do are against the law. Do you do them? How strictly do you follow the bible? Well enough to be throwing this first stone?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join