It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay candidate Pete Buttigieg tells Pence:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: ScepticScot

The 'idiot' has a degree from Harvard & Oxford

Meaningless.

Is it, why?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Should he find a closet to hide in?

He is married I believe. Maybe he should tell everyone that his husband is his friend from college and they are just roommates.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

So?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Theophorus

Apparently, Mayor Pete is Episcopalian, and they have adopted some "interesting" theology in the states.

However, here he is lecturing Pence for adhering to the Biblical teaching on sexual ethics when he's openly advocating for things like extreme late term abortion. I think maybe he needs to remove the plank in his own eye before he goes after whatever he thinks he sees in his neighbor's eye.

And lastly, if he thinks I voted for the presidential candidate I thought most morally upright and righteous in terms of Christianity this last election, he's missing the point. I simply voted for the one most likely to let me live my life closest to the tenets of my faith without being persecuted for that. Given the ongoing lawsuits against fellow Christians for adhering to their faith and the increasing hostility people on one side of the aisle espouse toward Christians, it wasn't hard to veer away from voting in their direction.

I'm not that kind of glutton for punishment.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Calling out Pence for his personal beliefs, which haven't been directed towards any gays at all, was a big mistake. We haven't heard from Pence in quite a while other than a sentence here or there. Now this guy decides to call him out on something that means nothing. He's a total idiot in my opinion. Pence isn't low hanging fruit, he's not even on the tree. Dude is just sitting back minding his own business and I hope Buttigig gets roasted. He's clearly too angry (hey look, an angry white male) to be involved in politics.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I don't have a problem with straight men using the Bible as a tool. That's normal. If you don't like then that's your opinion and you can vote against anyone using it. Then we can forget about it and all move on. Pretty cool huh?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
The last time I checked, the Bible was a ridiculously preposterous musty old book full of made up BS that was written by a bunch people who were barely a step up from cavemen trying to explain things they didn't understand. Those morons would have probably said it's a sin to use a computer too if they had any idea that computers would ever exist.

If that's your opinion then don't read it. Problem solved.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Why does anyone need to know he's gay? Or is his gayness his edge and ticket into the big time? So he's not good enough to make it on his own merit, he needs the "gay" qualifier to push him over the edge? I'd be ashamed to have to go through life like that.

Oh he didn't go through life like that. I'm sure he didn't come out until it was trendy. At any rate, he wouldn't have used his gayness as a tool 10 years ago. Now it's a major qualifier for the left, just like everything besides straight and white. It's shameful what the democrats have become but I guess they don't have a problem moving farther and farther left. It's not my political ideology so I don't mind watching them push voters away.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Why does anyone need to know he's gay? Or is his gayness his edge and ticket into the big time? So he's not good enough to make it on his own merit, he needs the "gay" qualifier to push him over the edge? I'd be ashamed to have to go through life like that.

From wiki.

Buttigieg is a Rhodes Scholar and a magna cum laude graduate of Harvard University. From 2007 to 2010 he was a consultant at McKinsey and Company, a management strategy consulting firm.[2] From 2009 to 2017 he served as an intelligence officer in the United States Navy Reserve, attaining the rank of lieutenant and deploying for the War in Afghanistan in 2014.

Seems like a reasonably impressive CV to me. How is his 'Gayness' giving him an edge?

he could be the FIRST GAY PRESIDENT!!!!
Pretend you don't get it, your kids might believe you, I don't.

Do you have a problem with someone Gay being president?

Yes. Because he should run on his merits, not his sexual preference. Americans don't need to know if he's gay or not, they just need to know his platform. Being gay is neither here nor there.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

From wiki.

Buttigieg is a Rhodes Scholar and a magna cum laude graduate of Harvard University. From 2007 to 2010 he was a consultant at McKinsey and Company, a management strategy consulting firm.[2] From 2009 to 2017 he served as an intelligence officer in the United States Navy Reserve, attaining the rank of lieutenant and deploying for the War in Afghanistan in 2014.

Seems like a reasonably impressive CV to me. How is his 'Gayness' giving him an edge?

Yes. Because he should run on his merits, not his sexual preference. Americans don't need to know if he's gay or not, they just need to know his platform. Being gay is neither here nor there.

How does being gay stop him running on his merits?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Many of the worlds leaders, especially Muslim countries will have a huge problem in dealing with a gay President. How would he handle that? Some may even refuse to shake his hand or meet with him.

As much as his sexual preference is nobody's business, and he shouldn't be running on "identity" politics and being a "cute gay couple", it will matter very much if he's elected when dealing with bigoted world leaders.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

From wiki.

We know more about his gayness than anything else about his actual platform and policy positions? If we knew more about what he actually planned to do to run the country and why that would be awesome for us and ... oh, yeah, btw his wife's name is Joe (I have no idea what his partner's real name is only that they're married), then his gayness would be a footnote like most candidate's heterosexuality is.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Thus being said, I do have a problem with any gay person using the bible as a political tool to advance his/her agenda, thus being president.

But, you don't have a problem with Pence wielding the Bible and biblical authority to defend an unrepentant adulterer?

Are you saying that Buttigieg can't be a practicing Christian AND be a gay married man?

Is Pete Buttigieg trying to blur traditional christian belief to get voters on his side? who is Pete Buttigiegs creator?

Nobody has ever blurred those lines more than Pence, Trump and their administration.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Why does anyone need to know he's gay?

Well, his husband is kind of an elephant in room...

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Good.

Then maybe the social justice warriors might realize how far we've come and find pride in the US and start focussing on places with real social injustice and thus stop the insanity of defending these places while complaining about digital boobs in video games...

Maybe we can stop propping up these bigotted nations and expose them for what they are to the world and force them to change or find themselves without allies.

I have no problem with him being gay, in fact would love for someone gay and atheist just to expose the real bigotry in the world.

It's who his real masters are that he is beholden to I have a problem with.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Can you quote the strict condemnation of homosexuality in the bible please?

And when you are done, can you tell me you'd take such a literal interpretation of Leviticus beyond those 2 passages? If so, all of us should die for wearing mixed fabric.

LOL...using the bible as a basis for argument is just silly.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

From wiki.

We know more about his gayness than anything else about his actual platform and policy positions? If we knew more about what he actually planned to do to run the country and why that would be awesome for us and ... oh, yeah, btw his wife's name is Joe (I have no idea what his partner's real name is only that they're married), then his gayness would be a footnote like most candidate's heterosexuality is.

It's very easy to say that his sexuality should be a footnote if you ignore the that the assunption is of heterosexuality.

Candidates personal life is a huge part of any presidential campaign. You can argue it has become way to big a part, and I would agree, but that doesn't change the reality that every part of a candidates life is covered.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

From wiki.

I agree. It is simply playing up the identity politics. There is no reason for me to care whether he is gay or heterosexual. That is meaningless just as any other identity politics...gender, ethnic, race, etc. Why and what plan does he have to ensure my country will be better with his leadership over another's?

Being the mudpit...ahem...As an aside: knowing he is gay makes it extremely difficult to read his name without a slight giggle. Would explain why he may be so angry though. Just makes it really difficult to take him seriously as a candidate only knowing that one identity.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

From wiki.

You need to ask him that. There's no reason to put your sexual preference out there unless you think it will bring votes in.

Have you ever seen a presidential candidate announce that he's straight?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

From wiki.

You need to ask him that. There's no reason to put your sexual preference out there unless you think it will bring votes in.

Have you ever seen a presidential candidate announce that he's straight?

Since the assumption is that they are why would they need to?

And of course no presidential candidate has ever bragged about his success with the ladies...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join