It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US proposes tariffs on $11bn of EU products

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

The US is considering imposing tariffs on about $11bn (£8.4bn) worth of goods from the European Union in response to subsidies that support Airbus.

A preliminary list of goods has been issued for public consultation. It covers a wide range of items, from helicopters to wine.

"This case has been in litigation for 14 years, and the time has come for action. The Administration is preparing to respond immediately when the WTO issues its finding on the value of US countermeasures," said US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer.

Last year, the US started charging levies on the imports of steel and aluminium from key allies including the EU.
The EU imposed retaliatory tariffs on €2.8bn worth of US goods in June on products such as bourbon whiskey, motorcycles and orange juice.

Convert your WWIII bunker into a nice,
temperature controlled, store room !

Ideal for stockpiling your favorite foreign imports
wine, cheese, truffles...

Stay safe everyone !

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l
It will be interesting to see what the WTO will recommend considering they have already stated that... "the EU's Airbus subsidies have an adverse impact on the US." I'm equally interested to see the EU's response, maybe they will retaliate again with even more tariffs.

Being British I hope we finally leave the EU so the UK don't get suckered into this potential trade war.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

just my opinion, but a trade war between the USA and the EU would actually be beneficial for UK. Reason being is they can leverage the opportunity to gain a better trade advantage in talks with both, and act as a conduit for trade between the blocks.

Camain

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
So BMW's and Mercedes are going to cost more.

Oh well.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The art of the deal. Throw stuff out and watch reactions.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

Mr Trump does it again! Stick it to the EU elites! Slowly drain that gravy boat right under their eyes.

Wish we had trump in the UK

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Oh noes, what ever would I do if I cant buy things from the EU for cheap? Wait, I already can't..

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Ideal for stockpiling your favorite foreign imports wine, cheese, truffles...

I import my cheese from Wisconsin and my wine from Michigan.

new topics

top topics

join