It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live-streamed sarcophagus opening reveals Egyptian high priest with gold cross

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
In my opinion, the more we advance, the closer we get to destroying ourselves. We don't know what it was like 2500 years ago, but I'm sure it was much different. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that some people had what we refer to today as super powers. How do you think the pyramids were built?

I believe what they had was a lack of distractions.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: rickymouse

I think you have been brainwashed by JW door knockers, there is a huge amount of evidence for a cross not a pole but in reality it doesn’t matter. Christians dontnworship a cross, we worship Jesus

I learned forty years ago that at the time of Jesus's crucifiction they most often used poles to crucify people. Supposedly there was a sign on it though making it appear like a cross, and a little stand plate. Also, they utilized trees to crucify people, but he would not have dragged a tree around. Here is a little verse about a tree.www.bibletools.org... ACTS 13:29

Yes, I was brainwashed (sorry raised) as a Jehovah’s Witness. I do believe that the ONE thing they have right — is that the Romans used stakes, not a cross. Why go through the difficulty of making a cross when you can just nail them to a tree/post/etc.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: rickymouse

a reply to: rickymouse

I think you have been brainwashed by JW door knockers, there is a huge amount of evidence for a cross not a pole but in reality it doesn’t matter. Christians dontnworship a cross, we worship Jesus

I learned forty years ago that at the time of Jesus's crucifiction they most often used poles to crucify people. Supposedly there was a sign on it though making it appear like a cross, and a little stand plate. Also, they utilized trees to crucify people, but he would not have dragged a tree around. Here is a little verse about a tree.www.bibletools.org... ACTS 13:29

Yes, I was brainwashed (sorry raised) as a Jehovah’s Witness. I do believe that the ONE thing they have right — is that the Romans used stakes, not a cross. Why go through the difficulty of making a cross when you can just nail them to a tree/post/etc.

Well, they could have had a board nailed on it with that saying about Yashua the king of the Jews. The sign would have made a cross, but I doubt if he was nailed to that. They used to overlay the hands and drive a spike through both of them on the pole. I guess it could be possible that they did use a cross since they had a sign on the pole. I am pretty sure that the jewish word we translated for the cross meant anything from a pole, stakes, or even a tree. We may never know for sure, people's beliefs after the event created the cross as the method.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Raggedyman
I already have read up on the subject.
Do you want me to read them to you?

So have I and you expect me to read what to you, everything

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

a reply to: Klassified

Some years ago there was a video about the similarity between Christianity and othe A& NE faiths, can’t remember off hand what it was called, someone will comment
It was about two hours of blatant lies and not even remotely true.
So if the opinion is based on that video or something similar I would like to scrutinise the opinion.
Simple

The reason why I won’t get an answer is because people don’t research, they parrot what they have been told, don’t question and believe what suits their narrative

Show me the preponderance of evidence, it’s all manufactured to sell books to people like you Klass

I think you ran headlong into that one, Raggedy. I rest my case.

Well I expected you to tell me to watch zeitgeist but alas, you couldn’t even do that

Offered as expected, nothing

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I've always thought the ankh looked a bit like the tree of life.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Where this causes a problem for some Christians is that they cannot allow themselves to consider that perhaps some of the biblical stories aren't meant to be literal accounts of creation, etc, but instead are meant to convey theological truths, which are arguably much more important.

Jesus mentions Adam and Eve as real people, and the source of the creation of humankind as "the beginning". Israel (the people of God) are supposed to be a set-apart nation - because when it mixes with the ideologies of the secular world it gets spoiled.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Jesus did not mention adam…

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Jesus did not mention adam…

Matthew 19:4-6 he refers to them and the Genesis passage. and also mentioned in Mark 10:6-9

There is also the lineage presented from Adam to Jesus: Luke 3, and also Matthew 1.

This does not include the many references Jesus makes to Adam and Eve in the Gospel of Philip, Thomas, etc.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

well... lineages are not from Jesus... And In Matthew and Mark he refers to making people male and female... This doesn't mean Adam and eve Existed... only that man was created

Plus I wouldn't expect you to take gnostic material seriously...

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Can you show me where and how Christs story was stolen because my research indicates they are nothing alike at all In fact every time I have asked for similarities the person who made the quote disappears and is never comes back.

Against my better judgement, I'm going to respond respectfully to your inquiry because it is a legitimate question. When a Christian asks this question, the non-believer immediately knows the average Christian doesn't really want an answer to it, because no amount of evidence that exists will convince someone who has already made up their mind. They will find every reason that evidence is wrong or skewed.

Secondly, there is such a preponderance of evidence in existence, that when one says their research shows no correlation, they are either researching only sources that confirm their bias, ignoring the evidence they are presented with, or just plain obtuse. Much of that evidence has been presented right here on ATS to no avail.

These are the reasons your request goes unanswered, and the person disappears.

Well, there's also the fact that the two myths have very little in common at all, though there are several memes on the internet that make the false claim that they do.
Of course, you surely don't mean to say reading memes is "doing research," right?

Raggedyman asked for information correlating these two myths. Looks to me like he goes unanswered because there is none (or, hardly any.) The Egyptian myth contains no virgin birth, there is no persecution by any controlling governmental or religious group (or any persecution whatsoever,) there is no proselytizing by Osiris or Horus, there are no miracles performed, etc.

The Osiris myth is about jealousy and murder, and divine ability to bring a god back to life. That last part is pretty much the entire correlation - the god was dead, then brought back to life. Most religions have gods that can't die, or that die and will return.

Harte

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte
Subtle insult about meme research aside, if Egypt were the only evidence in existence, then said evidence would be lacking. On that we can somewhat agree.

Most religions have gods that can't die, or that die and will return.

Enough said...

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

Some years ago there was a video about the similarity between Christianity and othe A& NE faiths, can’t remember off hand what it was called, someone will comment
It was about two hours of blatant lies and not even remotely true.
So if the opinion is based on that video or something similar I would like to scrutinise the opinion.
Simple

The reason why I won’t get an answer is because people don’t research, they parrot what they have been told, don’t question and believe what suits their narrative

Show me the preponderance of evidence, it’s all manufactured to sell books to people like you Klass

I think you ran headlong into that one, Raggedy. I rest my case.

Well I expected you to tell me to watch zeitgeist but alas, you couldn’t even do that

Offered as expected, nothing

Zeitgeist has too many errors in it. Why would I recommend something even I have found lacking?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Subtle insult about meme research aside, if Egypt were the only evidence in existence, then said evidence would be lacking. On that we can somewhat agree.

Yeah,
You realize I was responding to a post about Osiris, Isis and Horus, right?

Most religions have gods that can't die, or that die and will return.

Enough said...

I don't see your point here.
The claim was made that Christians stole the Jesus story straight outta Egypt.
That's pure BS, is my point.

Harte

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Understood and agreed.

My bad, that's what I get for reading, posting, and working at the same time.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

In short, yes. In-depth it is a verbal lineage of Mystical truth.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Osiris was killed by Set who represents Satan in Christian parlance. He was then resurrected after being dead and journeying in the underworld. His wife Isis gave birth as a virgin to their son Horus. He was originally not on Earth but chose to incarnate as a man to teach humans. He represents resurrection and was prayed to as such.

Jesus was killed by the Jews who originally worshipped El Shaddai, a form of Satan (al Shaitan) in later Hebrew parlance. He was then resurrected after being dead and journeying in heaven. His mother mary gave birth as a virgin to him. He was originally not on Earth but chose to incarnate as a man to teach humans. He represents resurrection and was prayed to as such.

theres a bunch more though

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Osiris was killed by Set who represents Satan in Christian parlance. He was then resurrected after being dead and journeying in the underworld. His wife Isis gave birth as a virgin to their son Horus. He was originally not on Earth but chose to incarnate as a man to teach humans. He represents resurrection and was prayed to as such.

Jesus was killed by the Jews who originally worshipped El Shaddai, a form of Satan (al Shaitan) in later Hebrew parlance. He was then resurrected after being dead and journeying in heaven. His mother mary gave birth as a virgin to him. He was originally not on Earth but chose to incarnate as a man to teach humans. He represents resurrection and was prayed to as such.

Set does not represent Satan in anyone's parlance.
Osiris' wife Isis put his body back together and then had sex with him - virgin, eh?
Horus was not a teacher. That was Thoth. Nor does he represent resurrection (that's Osiris.)

Again, the only correlation is Osiris returning from the dead. Nothing else has any similarity. Note:

The concept of resurrection is found in the writings of some ancient non-Abrahamic religions in the Middle East. A few extant Egyptian and Canaanite writings allude to dying and rising gods such as Osiris and Baal. Sir James Frazer in his book The Golden Bough relates to these dying and rising gods,[8] but many of his examples, according to various scholars, distort the sources. Taking a more positive position, Tryggve Mettinger argues in his recent book that the category of rise and return to life is significant for the following deities: Ugaritic Baal, Melqart, Adonis, Eshmun, Osiris and Dumuzi.

Wiki

Harte

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

A bunch more of what?
Mindless drones who hear a rumour and then repeat it thinking they have stumbled into some esoteric wisdom and are now in an inner circle of mystic, psychic gnostic followers of a super psychobabble and spiritually elite

Sorry chris, you followed the piper
They lied, stop following, study it, research what you think is true and find the real truth

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
a reply to: incoserv

Sorry, my point was that the crucifix was a torture/execution tool. Jesus was supposedly executed on one and it was then taken as a symbol of Christianity. I didn't state that religion owned some form of trademark on this shape. However, what I meant was that "this shape" was found on a priest. That was my connection etc.

From what I have read the shape of crosses for crucifixions were closer to X that t.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join