It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live-streamed sarcophagus opening reveals Egyptian high priest with gold cross

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Can you show me where and how Christs story was stolen because my research indicates they are nothing alike at all In fact every time I have asked for similarities the person who made the quote disappears and is never comes back.

Against my better judgement, I'm going to respond respectfully to your inquiry because it is a legitimate question. When a Christian asks this question, the non-believer immediately knows the average Christian doesn't really want an answer to it, because no amount of evidence that exists will convince someone who has already made up their mind. They will find every reason that evidence is wrong or skewed.

Secondly, there is such a preponderance of evidence in existence, that when one says their research shows no correlation, they are either researching only sources that confirm their bias, ignoring the evidence they are presented with, or just plain obtuse. Much of that evidence has been presented right here on ATS to no avail.

These are the reasons your request goes unanswered, and the person disappears.

On topic: That "cross" looks like the winged disk to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Christianity stole a lot from egyptians. The whole Isis, Osiris Horus story. Die Jesus and the other Gods really walk the Earth and have super powers? Can I have super powers?
He went 40 days into the desert? I'll go however long it takes.
I would take them!
Just a question of watermanagement.
But they know that? The acueaducto.
The egyptians knew a thing or two about that as well.
I think it has a deeper meaning. Water is very important.
Did you know the pyramids were once waterfront ptoperties?

In my opinion, the more we advance, the closer we get to destroying ourselves. We don't know what it was like 2500 years ago, but I'm sure it was much different. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that some people had what we refer to today as super powers. How do you think the pyramids were built?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Some years ago there was a video about the similarity between Christianity and othe A& NE faiths, can’t remember off hand what it was called, someone will comment
It was about two hours of blatant lies and not even remotely true.
So if the opinion is based on that video or something similar I would like to scrutinise the opinion.
Simple

The reason why I won’t get an answer is because people don’t research, they parrot what they have been told, don’t question and believe what suits their narrative

Show me the preponderance of evidence, it’s all manufactured to sell books to people like you Klass

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Research Osiris for some answers.
It is thought that Jesus spent a lot of his missing time in Egypt.

What in particular about Osiris is relevant, I can’t find it

Who thinks Jesus spent time in Egypt, Christians? Why? Because the bible teaches Jesus lives in Egypt.
Why was He missing in Egypt,

How is it relevant Jesus fled to Egypt as recorded in the Gospel of Mathew

I don’t understand any of what you are implying

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Zahi Hawass again!!! 🤦‍♂️ He’s like the turd that won’t flush.

How is this guy still around?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

My understanding is that the cross has been used from the beginning representing the crossroads man faces with the choice of either vertical or horizontal living. Mystical hierarchy of knowledge.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The cross has always been a religious symbol. Many cultures used it. It was used by Christianity because of the masts of ships carrying the Catholic Church people had masts that shape.

Jesus would not have been crucified on a cross, it would have most likely been a pole. The sign of Jesus was a Fish symbol. I do not know how the cross got implemented into our traditions, but then again, how did Santa Clause become a Christmas representative.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: butcherguy

Research Osiris for some answers.
It is thought that Jesus spent a lot of his missing time in Egypt.

What in particular about Osiris is relevant, I can’t find it

Who thinks Jesus spent time in Egypt, Christians? Why? Because the bible teaches Jesus lives in Egypt.
Why was He missing in Egypt,

How is it relevant Jesus fled to Egypt as recorded in the Gospel of Mathew

I don’t understand any of what you are implying

Egyptorigins
Religious Tolerance
Jesus was missing, as far as biblical reference goes, between the age of 12 and 30.
Link

edit on b000000302019-04-09T11:20:13-05:0011America/ChicagoTue, 09 Apr 2019 11:20:13 -05001100000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I think you have been brainwashed by JW door knockers, there is a huge amount of evidence for a cross not a pole but in reality it doesn’t matter. Christians dontnworship a cross, we worship Jesus

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I am going to put as much effort into that as you have

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I already have read up on the subject.
Do you want me to read them to you?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar

My understanding is that the cross has been used from the beginning representing the crossroads man faces with the choice of either vertical or horizontal living. Mystical hierarchy of knowledge.
I was always of the opinion that the cross, similar to the swastika, was the four points of birth, life, death and rebirth. Particularly in the interlinked swastikas and celtic crosses.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
I was always of the opinion that the cross, similar to the swastika, was the four points of birth, life, death and rebirth. Particularly in the interlinked swastikas and celtic crosses.

It was also a rearrangement of the doorposts in Egypt that the blood of the lamb was sprinkled on.

"Passover" and "Cross" are words that imply a transition into a new place. Golgotha, the place where Jesus was crucified, means "place of the skull"

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
HOLD UP, OP.

Is that the voice of Zahi Hawass that I hear in that video clip? If so, that immediately should throw you into extreme doubt regarding the authenticity of what you are seeing.

And that's not even taking into consideration that is what's shown in the video, is that really how archaeologists open ancient burials? Really? A bunch of desert nomads pushing on the lid at the (Arabic) count of "One, two, three!" No one in there is wearing gloves or any other clothing or protection to guard against contaminating the samples they will take for lab study? Do we REALLY think that's how it's done?

I doubt it, unless Zahi Hawass is involved, and if so that may be the sloppy way he deals with millenia-old artifacts. But all you have to hear is that charlatan saying "Ohhh, God" in the most obviously fake way to know something is up here.

Besides all that, OP, it's not a cross but the winged sun-disk or simply the bird/eagle wings that was widely, widely used for royalty back in those days.

Thanks for posting, though- it IS a fascinating and interesting subject, even with charlatan Zahi Hawass.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Looks like a winged sun to me mate.

That's Sumerian, no?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Can you show me where and how Christs story was stolen because my research indicates they are nothing alike at all In fact every time I have asked for similarities the person who made the quote disappears and is never comes back.

Secondly, there is such a preponderance of evidence in existence, that when one says their research shows no correlation, they are either researching only sources that confirm their bias, ignoring the evidence they are presented with, or just plain obtuse. Much of that evidence has been presented right here on ATS to no avail.

Yep, this certainly happens. It's done by both sides of the issue though. On your "side," there are folks who absolutely will disregard without a second thought anything in their beliefs and evidence and research that may show any ties to ancient Judaism, biblical stories, or Christianity without looking into anything except what will immediately confirm their "the bible is mythological hogwash stolen from older and already existing beliefs and cultures" view.

There is PLENTY of evidence that shows the similarity of biblical stories, biblical beliefs, teaching, and worldview that is very similar, and in fact, likely borrowed from the surrounding civilizations of the biblical authors. Many Old Testament scholars and scholars of ancient Semitic languages believe that the book of Genesis, for example, isn't meant so much as a factual account of creation as it is a polemic against the surrounding societies and religions. The biblical creation account takes elements from every known culture of the time, including Egypt, and puts its own spin on it. It takes the concept of creation through the spoken word, for example ("And God said, 'Let there be light'") from the Egyptian creation stories of the time. The discovery of and later translations of the Dead Sea scrolls, as well as the discovery and translation of thousands of tablets at Ugarit in the 20th century, has advanced our understanding of ancient near east cultures (including biblical) by leaps and bounds.

Where this causes a problem for some Christians is that they cannot allow themselves to consider that perhaps some of the biblical stories aren't meant to be literal accounts of creation, etc, but instead are meant to convey theological truths, which are arguably much more important.

If you're interested in looking into some recent scholarship on biblical material let me know and I'll have a go at posting links.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

Some years ago there was a video about the similarity between Christianity and othe A& NE faiths, can’t remember off hand what it was called, someone will comment
It was about two hours of blatant lies and not even remotely true.
So if the opinion is based on that video or something similar I would like to scrutinise the opinion.
Simple

The reason why I won’t get an answer is because people don’t research, they parrot what they have been told, don’t question and believe what suits their narrative

Show me the preponderance of evidence, it’s all manufactured to sell books to people like you Klass

I think you ran headlong into that one, Raggedy. I rest my case.
edit on 4/9/2019 by Klassified because: re-state

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Its the winged Goddess ISIS kneeling with sun disk.
and the mummy will be a high Priestess.
Kneeling ISIS

This is a more important find than jesus.
next you will say the Thor's hammer is a cross!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
Thank you for a well thought out post.

I actually do try to keep up with recent scholarship on both sides of this debate. Mainly because I'm not threatened by new ideas or facts that don't fit in with what I understand at present. I'm more interested in the truth than what I "believe" or want to be true. However, the truth is a far cry from what the Abrahamic religions, or any other religion would like it to be.

Nevertheless, I'm always open to reading scholarly work on the topic if you have something that you feel is especially pertinent. We're a bit off topic here though, so I'll save any other comments for a different thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

I think you have been brainwashed by JW door knockers, there is a huge amount of evidence for a cross not a pole but in reality it doesn’t matter. Christians dontnworship a cross, we worship Jesus

I learned forty years ago that at the time of Jesus's crucifiction they most often used poles to crucify people. Supposedly there was a sign on it though making it appear like a cross, and a little stand plate. Also, they utilized trees to crucify people, but he would not have dragged a tree around. Here is a little verse about a tree.www.bibletools.org... ACTS 13:29

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join