It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seems Airbus is unfair for the US so the US may sanction Europe for so called Subsidies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...
US Proposes Tariffs On Europe In Response To EU Airbus Subsidies

Of course you could say that the US military–industrial complex is a mayor subsidizer for Boeing, just saying... but just right now, just when Boeing got this huge problem and considering this..?

At 1 point it gets so obvious (for me a long time ago), how bad the US is doing economically that the US is attacking any serious competition worldwide which gets more obvious with each passing day...

Before this VW got HUGE fines (not really in line for their wrong doings), also Toyota before that. Of course recently China with this trade war/unfair competition, huawei huge risk for Europe and the US with their spying.
Too many examples, of course lets not forget since this all started, the crisis in 2008, fake products sold worldwide (mainly to EU banks), all rated AAA, which became worthless and started a huge mess. This whole Russia media hype, of course it's important having enemy's so you sell more weapons worldwide but that many nations go with it, gets my blood boiling.

But just right now considering this punishment on Europe/Airbus, you must be in some serious dire straits economically wise. It just seems like a stupid move really, I mean at 1 point nations worldwide seen enough and just say suck it and say 'have fun', we not playing this game anymore.

But of course the US is so bold and crazy and perhaps it's the only road (but there isn't 1) out of this mess (1 trillion more spending each year at least for the last 10 years then they have (otherwise there would be no growth of course but huge looses in GDP growth!), the show must go on, doesn't matter how, it must!, so attack 'unfair' competition worldwide! I guess there isn't any other option left...?

Of course it's just Trump! LOL! that's what they want to make you believe you, not how bad the US is doing economically, it's just TRUMP of course!

The economy is great, never been this great ever.
edit on 8-4-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you, but yes, it really is a good economy right now. Trump is not "responsible" for it, but he has eliminated alot of redtape type costs that has allowed many industries in the USA to do things that were not possible prior.

Boeing and Airbus have no other real competitors than eachother. They both play their cards against eachother whenever they can.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Awe, sounds like you had some sour grapes.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

So tell me how it's a good economy right now when they are spending 1 trillion more then they have each year for the last 10 years and growing even faster each year.

It's like me lending millions from a bank, having a great life and not having even close enough income paying that back. So when I realize this/know this I must attack others in unfair ways for getting my money somehow but of course that won't help with this problem at all, it's just gets more obvious it won't solve this problem at all.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Nah, the US has sadly... just explaining their sour grapes (fake economy) and how that explains how they act because of that. It's not Trump, it's just a huge spending problem and acting everything has never been this great. The world is the enemy now with unfair competition!
edit on 8-4-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn
a reply to: Fools

So tell me how it's a good economy right now when they are spending 1 trillion more then they have each year for the last 10 years and growing even faster each year.

It's like me lending millions from a bank, having a great life and not having even close enough income paying that back. So when I realize this/know this I must attack others in unfair ways for getting my money somehow but of course that won't help with this problem at all, it's just gets more obvious it won't solve this problem at all.

ALthough I myself personally detest governments running deficits on their expenses, generally speaking that has little to do with the public economy. I would even bargain to say that the US government defaulting on its debt might be the best thing that ever happened to it. Mainly because I am fairly sure that the USA (or any other government in this world) will never ever actually pay the debt they have.

Think out the scenarios that would happen if that happened. Would (especially in the USA) government be able to default and give all posessions to these "national or international" banks without such chaos that those benefitting from it the most may end up having their heads kicked down the street by a very angry populace? You may think not, but I am sure that is within their reasoning of potential outcomes.

I am beginning to be interested in the idea of jubilee, but I need to read more to see if that is even possible.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Funny, had you made this exact same thread under the Obama presidency the right would have been in here in droves agreeing with you and lambasting the government for out of control spending. Just a mere 2 years back when the most important thing to the repubs was the deficit. Now that Trump has ramped up deficit spending (and told his followers to look the other way through a series of fear mongering distractions) it magically isn't an issue anymore. Bizarro world for sure.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What's your point OP?

China exists on uncompetitive practices that disadvantage companies in the US and Europe, including the theft of IP at a scale that boggles the mind. Airbus - a company which the German and French have a stake in, has been found to have been subsidised by the said countries.

Oddly, in the US cracking down on this crap they are doing us all a favour.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn
The debt-backed monetary system requires us to run a deficit, long term. The big debt numbers aren't as important as the debt to GDP ratio.

It's like borrowing 20 trillion from The Bank and you owe them 25 trillion. Pay them back the 20, but you would be forever indebted for the 5 trillion because that money(debt) was never put in the system.

The trick for The Bank to keep the government and population indebted forever is to print enough money for the economy to keep going without hypreinflating the currency. It's a house of cards that will fall one day.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

People/consumers want the cheapest prices, company's the most profit > so the US (also Europe but not nearly as bad) company's went for the most profit possible > government does everything for those company's can maintain the most profits even when they let them make their products like in China. Difference between Europe and the US is most trade in the EU is between EU country's. The US made on power/dominance/believe after WW2 and the blessings they got ever since and having the world trading currency. They have a big power controlling world matters in their own favor for a long time which they are right now are mistreating for a long time. Their blessing is becoming a curse but everything will be done to keep this power, at any cost so what's right or not is now lost. What's good has become bad but they still sell it as a good basically.

The US military industry is about the only big business left in the US (where products are still made in the US as well). But this comes at a spending problem, a huge spending problem, about 7 or 800 billion/year spending on 'defense'. Let alone the chaos, destroyed country's, many many millions death people let alone wounded and many more who left their country's since their own got destroyed..

''Defense/the military'' now has become a 'create tensions worldwide and start wars because it's good business! (create and sell weapons) = good!

Look at the income of the US government each year, about 4 trillion? (correct me but doesn't matter much), so they spend 1 trillion more then they can, that is way way worse then any EU country.
In the EU they now get mad about Italy which is crossing the 2% /year more spending then have in income/year.

1 trillion more spending on top of an income of 4 trillion is way way worse then Italy.

And the states them self got huge debts as well, which are like EU country's in them self... Count those states up with the US government spending problem it's way way worse you can imagine.

You don't believe, of course the US doesn't come up with those numbers but just look at the debt increase each year.
The debt nearly doubled under Obama: It was $10.6 trillion when he took office and was nearly $20 trillion when he left (not counting the states debts even).

Now it's going even faster and projected even worse in the coming years with Trump (not that a president IS the problem really).

So they are now coming with this tariffs/trade wars against China & Europe, which is just a tax on the people in the US (products get more expensive for US consumers) means just more income for the government.

My point is the US is broke, broke and broke and that it gets more obvious with the actions they take, not only making the world unsafer (where war means peace today because the US military industry = good business!) but also trying to make it weaker economically as well in the hopes the US can still be on top compared with others (china, the EU, Russia etc). Don't follow US demands, be sanctioned!!

The US (those in power) will do anything for that... Just letting out my frustrations about this which many just don't see as reality, that's it folks.
edit on 8-5-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Keeping the US Dollar value above all dollars except EU or UK. The American dollar has been long overdue from be devalued. Someone is cheating badly, very badly. Northern neighbours companies are failing. USD remains high. Rest of the world countries gaming purchases are high as fk. $80 for a new game no way. The real rigged money is in the South.
edit on 8-5-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join