It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This happening to anyone else on ATS? Been nearly a year, havent seen it mentioned...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Once or twice every week, or two depending how frequently i visit the site, I'll be reading a thread from my primary web browsing/surfing device which is my Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Android Smart Cellular Telephone with Metro PCS Call, Text & Data service routed through LTE-Augmented cell towers in the Puget Sound region owned by the parent company T-Mobile... *takes a deep breath* (ok i stretched it out on purpose but it was fun for me, moving on now...)

...And with no prior warning or any prompting on my behalf, I am sweeped away on a magiv carpet ride to a page informing me that either I won a $500 gift card, or my favorite, the one that considerably warns me that my device in, in fact, infected with a virus. Yeah, I probably got a few. Not my concern at the moment cause right now what I wanna do is read ATS, although I appreciate the heads up and make a mental note for later.

The problem is, whoever these good samaritans are, they're persistent, and resilient as all get out. So when you press back, it doesnt let you. The only way to get back to the ATS thread is by closing the tab, opening a new tab, accessing your browser history (a sacred Holy of Holies that should never be accessed in public in front of the profane & uninitiated) and clicking the thread you were on.

When this problem first began, I figured out that tapping "back" exactly 11 times would completely undo the spell and bring me back to the thread. Part of the reason I didnt bother to say anything.

But these newer upgraded ones, theres no escaping from it so far as I know.

So, did I do something wrong? I don't have any ad blockers installed. I use my factory Samsung browser, and in the settings, I have "Pop-up Blocker" switched on. But, I still see all the regular ads ATS has. I even accidentally click one every once in a while.

Is this in any way related to the items that appear in my ATS Private Message inbox from time to time, warning me about my bad behaviors?

Sometimes I even get those kinds of messages from Mods... πŸ˜‰

When it's a mod that's warning me, the message includes a deduction of like, 500 or 1000 ATS Points from my account.

Maybe my points are so low, and haven't recieved enough applause to make up for it that my account has been somehow penalized with this demonic presence?

Anyone else have any experience battling this particular class of cyberdimensional entity? Can I travel to a mountaintop somewhere and ask a wise mod to break this evil curse? Or, how does this work? Anybody??
πŸ¦—πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸ¦—πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆ
πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸ¦—πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸ¦—πŸŽΆ
πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸŽΆπŸ¦—πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸ¦—
πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸ¦—πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆ
πŸŽΆπŸ¦—πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸ¦—πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅

edit on 4/8/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470
I have also been attacked by these browser hijackers. As you noted, this happens on my phone for the most part. I cant remember when or if it ever happened on the PC, but I feel like maybe I had at least one some time ago.

But yea if I am on my phone more than once a day on ATS, the chances of getting that ad I would say are at least 50/50.
I use the same solution, I just close that window and open another one.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You should probably start by deleting ATS from your browser app on mobile; ATS refuses to be friends with mobile phones and tablets.

ATS for mobile is as syphilis is to reproductive health.

(post by Quantumgamer1776 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I avoid this site like a plague on mobile. I still use an S3 though, so it's expected.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yup but now I'm getting redirected to fun new places like this one:

And I can guarantee you I don't visit sites that speak spaghetti.........

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Only on mobile =/

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You're not alone. It happens to me now and again. I use an Android pretty much always now to access ATS, no ad-blockers here either.

I've learned to accept the ads that can be "x'ed" out of... Even though it REALLY sucks when they take up the entire screen while trying to reply..etc.

But those damn demonic ones that show up out of nowhere while sending you to internet Hell..do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars... THOSE are completely unacceptable. I believe the owners are aware of it too but it's gone on so long now that they probably have just given up at trying to find a solution. In conclusion, I'm thinking that there is no cure for that demonic intrusion.

Oh yeah... Also ATS has been loading terrible for a long time as well. Especially when trying to edit a post. Super annoying. I think all the issues are tied together.
edit on 8-4-2019 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The algorithms on mobile services are spawn of SATAN, he sees everything.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You use ATS you get parasites!
Money!

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well to be fair issues w mobile compatability Compared to desktop or laptop compatibility can be a pretty big pain.....

I'm sure they are aware but I'm not sure what they can do about it

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I have zero idea what specific language that script is, but it definitely looks a lot like Devanagari script (what Hindi and many others in India are written in)

Obvious nefariousness aside, that's just damn odd to see mixed in there.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I cant browse the site on my mobile as the page pretty much straight away is hijacked and I just have to shut the browser down, my laptop does not suffer this though.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
No problems here. I use duckduckgo browser.

I think T-mobile spams through their network btw.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
No problems here. I use duckduckgo browser.

I think T-mobile spams through their network btw.

Note8 verizon, no addblocker

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I've got a Samsung tablet, RCA tablet, LG phone. On none of them have I ever gotten a hijack(ed). I use only Firefox beta on all of them, by far the fastest mobile browser. I can post my settings if anyone is interested. Also, most times when I access ATS on mobile, it's through the hotspot on the phone over the Tmobile network.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
ATS doesn't use HTTPS and scammers are infecting the site.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Recently I was having that issue on mobile. And oddly it started when I downloaded that smart news app. I just wanted to see if they actually are unbiased. Turns out that was a false claim so I deleted it and my browser was stopped redirecting. So maybe delete any app that you may have gotten around the time that started to happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Step one. Realize that mobile providers with prices too low to be true compared to national primary providers that piggyback on their equipment has trade offs for that low low price.

Step two. Understand that hotspoting your way through life has trade offs as well.

Step three. Free pr0n sites are never ever your friend.

Step four. Google Play and the Apple App Store have radically different approval processes for Apps.

Step five. ATS has zero control over the above steps.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join