It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump fires Secret Service director

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: schuyler

My imagination? Did I imagine him saying he could shoot somebody and his base would defend him?

Yes, apparently you did.

It was someone in the MSM that said that. Trump was referencing what they said, to show how ridiculous they are.

Happy now?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Well, let's check that out.

True that he said ''they said''. That part was clear. He was talking about how popular he is with his voters, which by the way does not say much about how he sees his supporters other than that they are blind sheep. But beyond that, yes he was saying he got this from the media, what the media was saying. He was talking about the polls, how the polls show how dedicated his supporters are. I get that.

However, has anyone anywhere found the media outlet that he was referencing? Where anyone in the media made that statement that he was supposedly quoting? He did say after all'' they say''... Nope, that is unless you can find it and bring it to the table.

Another point then is how he so often claims, when wanting to toss something out into the air, he says ''They say''. Or they call her, as in when he wants to call people names, he just preferences it with ''they say.'' He does this a lot to side step responsibility for what he is saying by attempting to give the impression that he is only passing along the crap he passes along.

So then it is my position that what he was doing was grandstanding, extolling his own grandiosity. He himself, unless someone can prove otherwise to me, made up that claim that ''they say''.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

a reply to: AnakinWayneII

If you ask me, which I guess you did, Trump has always been after one thing since being elected. He is after a Trumpian coup. He wants to turn the government into his own little fiefdom and run the country like a king. Filling his cabinet with flunkies and '' yes men'' until all opposing voices are silenced.

No more than what any president would do or has done. Every president so far has selected cabinet members, department heads, judges, etc. based on their own philosophy of government. If someone who is president whom you like, that's okay. If Trump does it, orange man bad.

Most Presidents actually go through the confirmation process. They don't appoint acting heads for 480 days and then rotate them around. This is a practice that goes against the spirit of the laws for Senate confirmation, it is not intended that someone simply refuses to nominate a person and avoids congressional oversight.

Considering that the Senate is currently controlled by Republicans, many of which are sycophants... what does Trump seriously have to fear about trying to confirm the people he wants?

The answer of course, is that the Senate doesn't want to go on record as confirming people like Gorka and Miller, and probably wouldn't do so. Thus, Trump knows that he can't actually function with oversight and is therefore rejecting it. This goes completely against the concept of checks and balances.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Trump fires Secret Service director

Because of a chinese spy infiltrator at Mar Lago.

Don't read anything more than that in to it.

It's a breach that should have never happened.

Too bad the Secret Service defers to the judgement of the person they're protecting. One of their philosophies is to be as non intrusive as possible, so that those they protect won't circumvent their protection. One thing this means, is that in situations like this, they will defer to the security processes Trump wants in place at Mar-A-Lago. As such, if they ok someone to come in, the Secret Service is not allowed to stop them. They can only remove uninvited guests.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The entire cabinet serves at the President's pleasure. They are there to carry out his wishes by executing his policies to the best of their ability. Within the Executive Branch, the President is already a king.

The President can only hire and fire people in positions which are nominated, and intended to be confirmed. Positions below those, such as deputy directors, and their reports are supposed to be removed from a Presidents direct influence.

The President sets the direction, the cabinet sets policy to roughly follow that direction.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Evidently CNN covered this as well, for those of you that choose them as your news source. I wonder if they will include this tidbit.

I mean, if your #1 objective is to the stability of the country, then that is quite literally the only statement that you can make.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Trump hires professionals - then fires them, because their opinions don't match his reality (in his own head). I bet his staff is miserable, every single day.

You deal with Trump the way you deal with a dictator. You agree with everything they say, shape their news intake to match what they want to hear, and then do whatever the hell needs to be done without an official OK on the matter.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Keep living the dream... but while you're at it check out your Government and Corporate debt levels when the US crashes it crashes and burns... like I said 1929 to 1939. An Egg Is An Egg, doesn't matter how much black gold you produce fact is the US economy is in so much debt those barrels you mentioned??? don't even cover it.

Please ignore me... myself I'm prepared, No Loans, No Debt not beholden to American firms of any nature so I won't actually lose anything, hell I'm looking forward to getting the NHS back when all those US firms go belly up after loading up the debt to buy the contracts over here. Poetic, Ironic you decide
both maybe.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: UKTruth
The entire cabinet serves at the President's pleasure. They are there to carry out his wishes by executing his policies to the best of their ability. Within the Executive Branch, the President is already a king.

The President can only hire and fire people in positions which are nominated, and intended to be confirmed. Positions below those, such as deputy directors, and their reports are supposed to be removed from a Presidents direct influence.

The President sets the direction, the cabinet sets policy to roughly follow that direction.

The President IS the Executive branch.
Everyone else is there to serve at his pleasure.
Yes, there are layers of management - I would expect that if the President wants someone removed (or hired) he will direct such through his reporting lines.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Turning smarmy now are we? Here in the US, any equating of the president to a king should be anathema to a free citizen, but you however seem to relish that notion.

It's just the way it is. I neither rail against it or relish in it. I do, however think that the Constitution and Bill of Rights are amongst the greatest documents ever written. Within the executive branch the President is very much like a king.
Article 2 of the Constitution vests "the executive power" of the United States in the President. No one else.

The controls on the President - and thus the the limits put on his 'kingship' to within the executive branch only - are from the other two branches of govt. Within the executive branch the President can make no laws - that is the purview of the Legislative branch. He must stick to enforcing laws and if he breaks laws the Judicial Branch is there to stop the President.

That's why it is hilarious to suggest that the President can carry out a coup of his executive branch. He has unitary power of the executive branch according to the Constitution. Trying to take that away from him would be a coup. If the President fires a Congressman, Senator or Judge, then your claims that he is attempting a coup would hold water. Until then, you are just plain wrong.

It seems that when a Democrat is President, it's Republicans who question the constitutional power of the President and when a Republican is in power, it's Democrats who question the constitutional power of the President. Only a few seem to understand that the Constituion remains the same regardless of who is in power and will continue unchanged in regard to Presidential power until it is formally amended.
edit on 11/4/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Your reply is true. Both sides rail against the other side allowing to much Executive Privilege while the other is in office.
To me, allowing to much power into the hands of one person is the lazy way to run a Republic. But whatcha gonna do?

<< 2  3  4   >>

join