It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK State Goes Full On Authoritarian

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse
a reply to: Tartuffe

Lol again!
Get back to me when the paper is debated in committee stage in Parliament, not that you will understand what that means, but basically the details will be picked over by all sides of the house.
You have no idea, just a typical example of a paranoid American.

And again, you should get your own house in order before worrying about mine πŸ” little lmao πŸ˜‚

Yep, the politicians will figure it out. Go back to sleep. The government will take care of you.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Apples and oranges are both fruit.

Never heard of that expression, then?

Do you work for the government by chance? On their dole?

No.

I’ve heard it uttered by imbeciles.

Oh, so you’re a private citizen and you want the government to tell you what you can do online. This is the twilight zone. It must be a different world over there on that rock.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Again, you don't understand how it works here, the government is not parliament, just the current ruling executive.
At the moment it is held together by a shoestring through a minority government in agreement with an insignificant Northern Ireland unionist party.
The current government may not even be in power in only months from now so stop wetting your panties over something which is merely a statement of intent by a sinking and failing right wing government.

You really haven't got a clue how things work here, but keep on trembling in fear on behalf of British citizens lmao, and again, perhaps contact a health professional about your apparent paranoia.

edit on 11-4-2019 by SerenTheUniverse because: Clarity

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Again, you don't understand how it works here, the government is not parliament, just the current ruling executive.
At the moment it is held together by a shoestring through a minority government in agreement with an insignificant Northern Ireland unionist party.
The current government may not even be in power in only months from now so stop wetting your panties over something which is merely a statement of intent by a sinking and failing government.

You really haven't got a clue how things work here, but keep on trembling in fear on behalf of British citizens lmao, and again, perhaps contact a health professional about your apparent paranoia.

You’re wasting your time. I can hardly read your word salad and I’m not going to waste my time reading it.

You have zero clue about human rights, free speech, and the long hard battles fought for them. Spit on that history all you want, but you’re just another bump in the road for the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Dear Tart

It must be a different world over there on that rock.

Why, yes it is. Thank goodness.

If it's a battle of wit's your'e after, I must tell you that I make it a point of principle never to engage an unarmed man.

Good day to you. Good day to you, sir (or madam).

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Maybe you should go back to school if you cannot understand my perfectly legible replies to your paranoid whining lol
Bump in the road for you?! Lmfao, none of this affects you anyway, and you have no idea how UK legislation is implemented. Right now it is merely a statement of intent by a failing minority right wing government.
But carry on wetting your panties πŸ” little πŸ˜‚

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Dear Tart

It must be a different world over there on that rock.

Why, yes it is. Thank goodness.

If it's a battle of wit's your'e after, I must tell you that I make it a point of principle never to engage an unarmed man.

Good day to you. Good day to you, sir (or madam).

Retreating is unbecoming, no matter how you try to disguise it. Luckily there are Brits still fighting the good fight.

And good day to you.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Maybe you should go back to school if you cannot understand my perfectly legible replies to your paranoid whining lol
Bump in the road for you?! Lmfao, none of this affects you anyway, and you have no idea how UK legislation is implemented. Right now it is merely a statement of intent by a failing minority right wing government.

You only bother with what affects you? My god. No wonder the world is a mess.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

You only bother with what affects you? My god. No wonder the world is a mess.

I don't give a toss what happens in other countries only my own and any which impact on my life.
Take your nation, more killings by cops than any other developed nation, people going bankrupt because they get cancer, not allowed to cross the street unless your nanny state tells you it is a safe allowed place lol, only developed nation in the world which taxes citizens on earnings they receive while working abroad, highest incarceration figures of any developed country, citizens forced to carry and present their papers if driving a vehicle...I could go on, but I don't give a shot because it is your people's choice to accept that.

But you wet your panties over a statement of intent by a failing government in a foreign country, and a government which could well be out of power in months pmsl!!
I hope your expensive health cover can meet the costs of a shrink to counsel you for paranoid. πŸ” little syndrome.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

(post by oldcarpy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Oh now I see , censor the state sponsored murder oops ... I mean military intervention overseas so that the citizens don't know the horrific acts being carried out in our names using our taxes !

Censorship is fine when its in the hands of the individual , given we all have reasonable minds we can determine what is safe or not safe for our own minds , we have already got the controls to self censor our internet through our ISP's !
We don't need the government to determine what is or isnt safe or moral !
but not all of us are moral beings !So having some form of internet censorship is beneficial to society to prevent crimes such as child abuse , or human trafficking prevailing and becoming normalised!

That being said , I dont agree with indecent images of children that # should never be online and governments would do well to crack down on all server farms and people who deal in this immoral behaviour. I also dont agree with film footage of mass murder , war and genocide for the sake of it like , "guy blows himself up " , "insurgent misfires RPG" , that kind of thing , or "US troops heads cut off" !
Snuff # is detrimental to your mental health!

In historical educational sense it is fine to show images of war and mass graves , only to prevent us from making the same mistakes !

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
what I have never understood is when Police or MI5 or government crack down on Pedophiles etc, why is it that the evidence of images etc , seem to sit somewhere in police lock up , and then end up back on the internet
Why dont they destroy every image they find , so that it cant

I remember one of the lead investigators of the child abuse in the UK in Scotland Yard was found to be involved in the scandal!

These people get involved and then get bribed or something shady , and the evidence still exists, it should all be destroyed.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

isn't that a bit short sighted, you don't care about global financial market crashes , or wars in other countries
or injustices carried out on our fellow humans !

Nah I just care about me and my own ! that's an awfully sad way to look at the world
you know what happens to the Web affects us all , it the world is suffering one place we all suffer !

We are all a family ,we are all linked , maybe you should start to care

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

The problem is they throw the legal stuff (such as trolling, disinformation, online harassment) in with the illegal stuff. So folks like the statist trolls in this thread can try to malign critics as "wanting a right to view rape and murder", and feel better about themselves for doing so, while being completely unable to speak about the rest. Meanwhile their disinformation, trolling, and harassment of those critics becomes illegal. They pull the rug out from under themselves.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
No disrespect mate, but what are you doing about it instead of complaining on a minor internet forum?
I can't cry for the world so focus on what is around me.
Regarding this overly dramatic thread, it is a statement of intent by the Conservatives for goodness sake, they may not even be in power in a few months, and even then it has to pass the committee stage before even getting to the house.
Just headline grabbing is all, I'll take an interest if and when it has the remotest chance of becoming g law.

Many US members haven't got a clue how the system works here, even today I saw an American post "Maybe it's got something to do with the new internet laws passed in the UK" in a related thread, ffs, can't they even read?! It's a statement of intent by a failing minority government and they are wetting their panties like it's been passed as law.
SMFH

And again, if you're going to criticise me about my lack of action campaigning about issues in other countries, what exactly are you doing which makes a tangible difference to anything? We can pat ourselves on the back for.moaning on ATS, but at least I'm honest.

That said,wake me up when this Tory internet proposal reaches committee stage πŸ™„
edit on 11-4-2019 by SerenTheUniverse because: Stupid auto correct spelling lol

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

You only give a toss about yourself and what affects you by your own admission. But here you are, so self-concerned, that you're bothered by a thread and others who have no affect on your life. Bloody hilarious.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

So what?
I come to ATS for entertainment and amusement, and you have certainly provided me that lol
πŸ” little crying about a proposal by a weak minority right wing government in the UK, when the party may be out of power in less than a few months. As I said, wake me up when it gets to committee stage in Parliament and I'll be interested, but until then I'll just laugh at your paranoia and how much you have wet your panties about this proposal.
LMFAO, what are you gonna do if the US proposes a similar law? Fight the military with your AR15's?
Good luck with that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So what?
I come to ATS for entertainment and amusement, and you have certainly provided me that lol
πŸ” little crying about a proposal by a weak minority right wing government in the UK, when the party may be out of power in less than a few months. As I said, wake me up when it gets to committee stage in Parliament and I'll be interested, but until then I'll just laugh at your paranoia and how much you have wet your panties about this proposal.
LMFAO, what are you gonna do if the US proposes a similar law? Fight the military with your AR15's?
Good luck with that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

It was only a few pages ago you were defending this proposal, and now you're moving the goalposts. This is classic stuff.

Sorry man, over here we don't need the government to be our mommy and tell us what we should and should not look at.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You support censorship of naked children So why not censorship of children with clothes on who are being tortured and murdered?
You badly contradict yourself and it is hilarious.
So some censorship is okay but only if it supports what you think should be censored?

Your debating skills are childlike at best, but you amuse me in the same way my cat toys with a half dead mouse.
πŸ˜‚
edit on 11-4-2019 by SerenTheUniverse because: Stupid auto correct spelling lol

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join