It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milwaukee The most segregated city in America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm from this land. I've also lived in the South for quite some time.

I will not be afraid to tell you that the average Milwaukee black citizen is extremely uneducated. EXTREMELY.

Milwaukee Public Schools are some of the worst schools in the Union. And the worst part is this is a loooooong trend, dating back well to the 70's. This has created a generational trend of producing an actual illiterate black population. With illiteracy comes crime, poor job executionattendance, teenage pregnancy (and the wholesale slaughter of unborn blacks), poor parenting, etc. The point is, Milwaukee's black population is struggling mightily.

And it's not just in Milwaukee. It's all over the nation.

But since this thread is about Milwaukee, I'll say that it's a city you should never miss. The dangerous parts are Northwest and pretty much any street that ends in a fruit or tree-sounding name. That's the joke and reality.

Milwaukee's ports have to be seen. There are so many public and private attractions all year round that you can spend a week here and never see as much as you wanted.

A couple of must-do's:

1) Eat some landjaeger from European Homemade Sausage (www.pbs.org...) --too late, he retired (again) (www.tmj4.com...)
2) Visit Miller Park and watch a baseball game. Drink a lot of beer. It's fun.
3) Take a bicycle ride around downtown Milwaukee. It's a wonderful city to ride in.
4) Spend a grand eveing at the Pabst theatre hotel.(en.wikipedia.org...).
5) Watch out for Milwaukee Police. They are badasses. Keep straight and everything is green.
6) Christian? Visit Holy Hill. If you can, do it with your Harley friends. It's a tradition as much as prayer. (en.wikipedia.org...)
7) Young and like to party? Visit the 3rd street bars and Water street taverns. It's also tradition as much as prayer. (en.wikipedia.org...)

I think that MIlwaukee is a great place, which I why I chose to come home.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The black community is weak today because we have political power, but no economic power. We are a community of consumers and don't really own anything.

In a sense, that could be said of a whole lot of the white population and the Hispanic as well.

The lack of economic power is born of the failure or inablity to gain controle of banking/lending institutions. There is, to my knowledge, only 1 Black owned and operated bank in the US, and that's in NOLA.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

1) Eat some landjaeger from European Homemade Sausage (www.pbs.org...) --too late, he retired (again) (www.tmj4.com...)
2) Visit Miller Park and watch a baseball game. Drink a lot of beer. It's fun.
3) Take a bicycle ride around downtown Milwaukee. It's a wonderful city to ride in.
4) Spend a grand eveing at the Pabst theatre hotel.(en.wikipedia.org...).
5) Watch out for Milwaukee Police. They are badasses. Keep straight and everything is green.
6) Christian? Visit Holy Hill. If you can, do it with your Harley friends. It's a tradition as much as prayer. (en.wikipedia.org...)
7) Young and like to party? Visit the 3rd street bars and Water street taverns. It's also tradition as much as prayer. (en.wikipedia.org...)

I think that MIlwaukee is a great place, which I why I chose to come home.

I say nay-nay (John Pinette). House of Homemade Sausage . Better than any other place in the MIlwaukee area.

My family has been going there since the 30's. You want the best meat of any kind, this is the place.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Because, to quote mahamad ali " blue birds run with blue birds"
Why is it hard to understand that races are different, have different values and want different things?
That is why tgey self segregate at every turn.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join