It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEDERAL POLICE State in Chicago DHS Checks Bags At your bus stop TSA is in local Stations.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
No local police presences to quote- "I did not see a single CPD officer in the line. They all had visible Homeland Security credentials."
What ever happened to Freedom?? USSA anyone ? i can see if there's a threat verifiable and immediate but just randomly harassing searching your personal property & people going about their business?? this i think is overstepping on the constitutional rights of the people freedom of movement?? it's creeping into the cities how long before the federal government is in your living room? And where is MSM, Civil Rights Groups ect??? i just happened onto this story its not like its main news........

The DHS presence at the CTA stop on Tuesday was that of the (at-times controversial) Visible Intermodal Prevention & Response personnel (VIPR), which falls under TSA's expanded purview, Thomas Kelly, of Homeland Security's Office of the Director/Public Affairs, confirmed. VIPR is deployed in concert with local police departments "in a random and unpredictable manner" as means of deterring terrorism, according to the TSA

chicagoist.com...

Thoughts ATS ?

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Chicago residents have a propensity for shooting each other... at an alarming rate.

MAYBE that has something to do with it...

edit on 7-4-2019 by madmac5150 because: Redacted my redaction

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Chicago's unsolved murder rate is at 72%. DHS should help Chicago police bring that down.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
ok but bus stops? really? a half ass effort with no impact there's a better way to go about it like establishing a presence in the highest crime area's it's already known where that is....and who might be suspect.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Chicago's unsolved murder rate is at 72%. DHS should help Chicago police bring that down.

Clear violation of the Fourth Amendment.

You can't just search people. What is next, search your home without a warrant.

Why not search your car for no reason.

Or bodily searches. How far will you let them go?

Clearly this is way over the line.

P

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
ok but bus stops? really? a half ass effort with no impact there's a better way to go about it like establishing a presence in the highest crime area's it's already known where that is....and who might be suspect.

If Chicago politicians use bus stops, I'd say they were tracking the worst scum that city has to offer...

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Circle of fire.

Once the greatest Home of The Blues!

www.youtube.com...

And then farrakahn marxists invaded.
Some people love corruption I guess. Live and Let live

edit on 8-4-2019 by Wildmanimal because: Add content

edit on 8-4-2019 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Maybe there was some credible chatter that was either too vague or early stage recruiting to discuss? Or maybe making a presence known to squash early chatter for something?

Kinda like you don’t rob the doughnut shop at 4am when there are 5 cruisers in the parking lot.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Kinda like you don’t rob the doughnut shop at 4am when there are 5 cruisers in the parking lot.

No you don't.

You steal the cruisers, all of them if you can.

Or chain up the back axle. What movie was that from?

On topic ...

What they are trying to do is to teach that they can subvert the constitution.

P

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It got up to 65 degrees in Chicago this weekend.

You know what that brings, don't you?

24 shot in 30 hours: twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Or chain up the back axle. What movie was that from?

Porkies

Classics.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I would rather be free to go about my business without Government interference and face potential danger than have the Government in my face with some fascist 4th amendment violation. This seems wrong to me in so many ways.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Within 100 miles of the border the law is a bit different. They can question you with a reasonable suspicion, but require probable cause still to search you. US citizens are suffering because half of Congress refuses to fix our immigration problem.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You will remember that during the Obama administration, the justice department went in and took over because of racism in the department.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Naw, screw this. I rather be safe with homeland there.

I rather them go thru my things and others so that no dangers are preset.

We live in a free society and do what we want, but when it gets to a point where violence is common place, it only means a society of deginerates who care nothing for the law. After a threshold is hit, bring in more power and temper the society.

I could care less about my 4th in these instancea, I know for a fact that they aren't violatong it for nefarious reasons.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It’s a money grab, they’re looking for drugs/money, could also be looking for illegals as well. I knew some people who used to move certain plants around and busses used to be a great and preferred way to transport a duffle or two with little to no scrutiny. All that has changed in the last few years. You find this kind of security at many bus stations now. Had a friend get taken off a bus in cuffs because they came looking for some illegal fugitive that was on that particular bus. Well during the sweep I guess a dog hit on his bag and they took him too. It’s only going to get worse as we keep goose stepping into a brave new world.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why DHS though? You're joking, yes?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Naw, screw this. I rather be safe with homeland there.

I rather them go thru my things and others so that no dangers are preset.

We live in a free society and do what we want, but when it gets to a point where violence is common place, it only means a society of deginerates who care nothing for the law. After a threshold is hit, bring in more power and temper the society.

I could care less about my 4th in these instancea, I know for a fact that they aren't violatong it for nefarious reasons.

This is a bad attitude. If you allow them to violate the BoR, then it's a slippery slope. A cop doesn't like you and it's easy to plant something in your belongings this way.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Maybe there was some credible chatter that was either too vague or early stage recruiting to discuss? Or maybe making a presence known to squash early chatter for something?

I doubt that's how they deal with it though...just blasting in full-uniform and randomly searching everyone? We read the stories about our agencies going undercover within these groups and practically paying these terrorists to come up with plots. Going in sans cover isn't their normal operating procedures.

<<   2 >>

join