It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excuse me for asking this dumb question but...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

But, did they break any immigration laws while doing so? Therein lies the difference and shows your ridiculousness.

Depends on your definition of 'immigration laws' doesn't it?

Do you know what the tribal laws said about 'foreign' tribes 'immigrating' onto lands that belonged to other tribes? Do you know whether gift giving ceremonies granted temporary passage or permanent ownership?

No you don't or you wouldn't make such ignorant comments.

Yes, European invaders most definitely broke 'immigration laws' when they settled in North America. It was a military invasion and an ethnic cleansing.

Just because tribal law was different from European law doesn't make it any less law.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
What I wonder is why we can't do that in countries where they have free healthcare? Like an American shows up in the UK and just says "Hey dawg! Gimme some of that free love. I got tha cancer!"

My roommate spent a lot of time and money to become a Permanent Resident of Canada. Not exactly Citizenship, but certainly carrying with it some benefits. It was really, really difficult. You essentially have to already be employed in Canada before they'll accept you as a Permanent Resident, and otherwise prove that you are already a productive member of society with a decent bank account and not just some poor slob trying to get free healthcare and sponge off their government.

However, if you want to go live in Mexico (even though they don't have free anything except kidnappings), it's not hard. The borders are there to keep people in, not out. A few bribes to the Federales, and you're in.

Wait, you mean, having a job is a requirement?? Hasnt Canada ever heard of a thing called welfare??

Selfish Canadians don't wanna help NObody.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

But, did they break any immigration laws while doing so? Therein lies the difference and shows your ridiculousness.

Depends on your definition of 'immigration laws' doesn't it?

Do you know what the tribal laws said about 'foreign' tribes 'immigrating' onto lands that belonged to other tribes? Do you know whether gift giving ceremonies granted temporary passage or permanent ownership?

No you don't or you wouldn't make such ignorant comments.

Yes, European invaders most definitely broke 'immigration laws' when they settled in North America. It was a military invasion and an ethnic cleansing.

Just because tribal law was different from European law doesn't make it any less law.

Yeah those racist viruses from 1492 ethnically cleansed the population before the pilgrims showed up. Man what a cruel twist of fate...

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

You are not being funny you know.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
How can people just come into the USA by land, water and air and just say "screw you"I'm here now take me in.

You do realise that's how the USA was created? If it hadn't of been for that attitude the country would still be full of natives. So it's a little rich to say that method was ok in the past but we can't have it now just because I don't like it.
edit on 08/06/82 by jamespond because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join