It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumb lies trump says...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

LOL, what does trump lie about? Crowd sizes? Magazine covers? Nothing substantial, so no I don't care. The real question is; why are you surprised that a person tells lies. Do you know a man who has told none? Is he fit for office? Would he survive a campaign? Now, when he says something like "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" when it's clearly a lie meant to further increase the cost of healthcare. Then I'll be upset.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum
Where did the OP go? He stated there were THOUSANDS of lies and disappeared after mentioning two accusations of lying which turned out to not actually be lies. Where are the rest?

There are plenty of links pointing out the many lies, exaggerations and crap Trump makes up on a daily basis. He just says whatever pops in his head, to try and further his agendas.

Pants on Fire Claims
A lot more false statements

Donald Trump has made more than 8,000 misleading statements or blatant lies within his first two years of his presidential term, according to fact checkers.

The Washington Post’s Fact Checker tallied up the total of Mr Trump’s false statements and downright lies from Inauguration Day to January 20, 2019, and the number is astonishing: 8,158.

Furthermore, approximately 6,000 of the 8,158 false statements were made in 2018.

From the Independent, based on other sources.

Here is an article about his lies and why it's important.

But like many have said, it doesn't matter to his followers that he lies CONSTANTLY. They will blow it off, make it seem like it's not a big deal, quote crap like "Well you can tell a politician is lying because they are talking," as if this makes it OK. Dude is a serial liar, and he does this to make himself look good, and more importantly to try and convince people that things are not what they actually are.

The latter is important, but I don't suppose his sheep care. In fact I know most don't, because they themselves have bought into his ridiculous lies, and support stupid ideas like.. we are literally being invaded at the border, that it has only been getting worse and worse over the years, and that we are doomed if we don't build a huge wall. That we are being slaughtered by immigrants, and that they are are the primary cause of drug addiction in the states.

Trump's supporters willingly buy into his bullcrap, and spew it like it is the truth. And it almost never is the truth.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

There are plenty of links pointing out the many lies, exaggerations and crap Trump makes up on a daily basis.

And not a one of them makes one bit of difference.

Tell me, how does the size of Trump's inauguration affect me? I don't see where it does; feel free to point out something I may have missed. How does his father not being born in Germany affect me? I really, really, really just tried, and I couldn't think of a single reason it does... heck, I can;t think of a single reason I even care!

Now, if someone were to ask me how "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" affected me... quite a damn bit! I care about that one.

Here's the real problem: you don't like Donald Trump; I get that. Lord knows, I get that, because I have heard it every single day for over two years now! I doubt there is a single member... heck, I doubt there is a single lurker... on ATS that has any doubt in their mind that fleabit hates Donald Trump. You succeeded in making that point so crystal clear a blind man in a perfectly dark room could read the fine print! Congratulations!

You have also succeeded in letting everyone know, without a shadow of a doubt whatsoever, that you believe people should be forced to agree with you, or at least accept your "enlightened" position without question, when you don't like a politician. We all know that fleabit believes that they know better than the rest of the country what is best for us. We get that too. Another thing we get is that fleabit thinks that the law only applies to those he thinks it should apply to, and that the law should be used, regardless of how much it has to be reinterpreted or twisted, to accomplish fleabit's goals.

We just don't agree with fleabit.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

"There are plenty of links pointing out the many lies, exaggerations and crap Trump makes up on a daily basis."

And not a one of them makes one bit of difference.

Well I disagree, and am surprised that you feel if your POTUS lies to you on a daily basis, it has no ill effects on his service. A single one probably doesn't make much difference, sure. Dozens of lies heaped on each other does. People start thinking untruths are truths. Some have no idea whether to trust his words or not. Many others just blindly accept all he says, and neither situation is good. It sets a precedent, and it also numbs people to the lies. It's not "OK" just because you may think one comment he makes doesn't affect anything.

As far as my opinion of Trump goes, I'm sorry I dare interject my thoughts on this right-sided, chest and back-thumping echo chamber of a site in the last couple of years. Just take a look at the front page on any given day. Almost all posts in the mud pit, almost all created by Trump supporters. I'm sorry you have to glance over a few anti-Trump posts, in the myriad and never-ending support posts that have buried this site since he took office.

To be fair, I've given Trump credit for a couple of things I think he has done right, and will continue to do so. While I think the idea of a breath of fresh air (or foul air, depending on how you perceive it) into our political system is not a bad thing, I just personally think Trump is the wrong dude for that role. I feel most of his acts are self-serving, and his attacks are led by his belief of attacks on HIM. Not against the U.S., not against his party.. against Trump. I think he serves himself, first and foremost, and it drives much of his agenda and responses to others.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

To be fair, I've given Trump credit for a couple of things I think he has done right, and will continue to do so.

To be fair, I haven't seen it. But no matter.

While I think the idea of a breath of fresh air (or foul air, depending on how you perceive it) into our political system is not a bad thing, I just personally think Trump is the wrong dude for that role. I feel most of his acts are self-serving, and his attacks are led by his belief of attacks on HIM. Not against the U.S., not against his party.. against Trump. I think he serves himself, first and foremost, and it drives much of his agenda and responses to others.

I have no issue with that statement. None whatsoever. I made a similar one about Obama when he was first elected.

Where the problem comes in is when every statement he makes is scrutinized within an inch of its life, ignoring context, ignoring colloquial expression, ignoring anything that would serve to clarify or possibly exonerate the statement. That is unfair and frankly disingenuous. If you have a problem with Trump's actions, or if he makes a statement that misleads others into harm of some kind, please, call him out! I do... I did just the other day in DBCowboy's Gas Tax thread.

What I tire of hearing are blanket "Trump is bad! Impeach Trump! Because he lies! Because he didn't say what I wanted him to say! Because I don't like him!" I have zero issue with anyone not liking any politician, but a huge issue when that dislike gets to the point that it literally looks like one would happily take away my right to select the elected official of my choice. My vote matters too, even if some people think I am "deplorable" because of it.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Much of Trump's so called "lies" are based on his opinions, and opinions can be anything a person wants, can it not? Another part is every word out of his mouth is fact checked to the 10th degree and anything not in alignment is labeled as a lie as per the liberal's narratives to do so, not only that but if he says something that is fact checked to be incorrect then his whole statement is deemed a lie.

Under these conditions he does lie everyday, impossible not to...

edit on 9-4-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If they did it to expose truth, i'd be all for it.

Instead they are like a group of snickering chuckleheads pulling childish "gotcha" jokes and then spitting laughter into their hands. Its pure trolling cloaked in manufactured indignity when you challenge them.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Can you cite these specific lies? Even a handful of them? And disagreeing with your opinion does not make something a lie.

Often times, Trump likes to share his opinions which is not the same as asserting something is true.

Schiff claiming to have imaginary evidence of "collusion" is an example of a lie.
Schiff saying he believes Trump "colluded" with Russia is an example of his opinion.

One is acceptable and one is not. It is important for them to specify when something is an assertion or an opinion, and that is one area he could probably do a little better at.

Nobody is perfect. But his goals are admirable and agenda is Just. We finally have a President that puts the needs of the United States ahead of other concerns.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

That is just a bunch of opinion and "you disagree with me so its a racist, sexist, misogynistic, hateful, xenophobic, homophobic, islamophobic lie!" reply: "What, I was just describing the Cheeseburger I had for lunch....?"

Remember when the anti-gunners tried lumping in suicides, accidents and gang shootings to grossly inflate the number of "gun violence" incidents carried out by non-career-criminal citizens? Remember when dishonest losers like Shannon Watts tried inflating the number of "school shootings" by including every accident, suicide, after-hours or gang-related incident occurring within X feet of a school? Dishonest tactics like that are precisely why nobody believes the "10000000 lies" narrative on its face.

Specific examples of each alleged lie with a factual explanation of why something is a lie are required to get over the much larger skepticism window you all have created by using so many dishonest tactics in the past.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If they did it to expose truth, i'd be all for it.

Instead they are like a group of snickering chuckleheads pulling childish "gotcha" jokes and then spitting laughter into their hands. Its pure trolling cloaked in manufactured indignity when you challenge them.

Seems no one on the left can see that the man is actually working his way one by one through his campaign promises, this is something unheard of with the typical "professional politician". With Obama he actually went 180 degrees on many of his and not just ignore them once in office.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

That is just a bunch of opinion and "you disagree with me so its a racist, sexist, misogynistic, hateful, xenophobic, homophobic, islamophobic lie!" reply: "What, I was just describing the Cheeseburger I had for lunch....?"

I did some fact checking and you cheese burger is not the greatest so you are a liar.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

See, I should have said "in my opinion, this was the greatest Cheeseburger I ever had" but sadly we just don't talk that way

So many want to hold Trump's opinion against him and make it out that he is lying and This is a great illustration (even if in jest) of that!

Anyhow, I think you are right that they are not used to President's actually following through on their promises

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

9 times out of 10 the lies are actually true and it's the media lying. If I had a choice between Trump's minor stupid lies that don't matter, and Obama's lies about the NDAA and wanting the power to indefinitely detain US citizens I'll take Trump.

Trump renews attacks on media as ‘the true Enemy of the People’

www.washingtonpost.com... story.html?utm_term=.7dd106ed7e83

What Trump actually said.

The Fake News Media, the true Enemy of the People, must stop the open & obvious hostility & report the news accurately & fairly.

So when the media is lying non stop about what Trump actually says, I tend to not care too much about what the media reports him saying.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Once again, examples, please. You only have a minimum of an opportunity to salvage what could be a conversation. I will extend that much of a courtesy. Don't waste it.

You are right. I wasted the opportunity to salvage that conversation. I had to leave the house. I have been on since then.

I do find it funny that most responses are bashing me or saying 'Obama said you could keep your doctor'...

I can answer some of what was brought up because i do respect you... and now there is way too many to answer individually.... lol

As far as "Obama said you can keep your doctor" you guys are ok with that now??? Every time Trump lies you justify with those few words... I mean, is that the only one you have?

Been accused of trump bashing but never speakin out about the Dems... ummm there are some daily posters that post multiple anti dem threads, you ever treat them the same way? nope... So there is a double standard there right?

Told I should not have put "heads up your ass" in my OP...golly gee willikers I apologize.

I see at least 7 pages of responses, mostly attacking me, I have not read them all but I do not think I have seen more than 1 or 2 trump supporters say that they are concerned with the lies the President tells.

Been called a troll... Not my intention. Seriously curious if the ardent trump supporters disliked his lying... Hell I did the NFL pick em thread for a few years....

I get it, all politicians lie, but to say your father was born in Germany when he was born in NY is a stupid no need to, easily fact checked lie... biggest inauguration attendance ever....easily fact checked.... funding the great lakes initiative after fighting for it for 30 years, easily fact checked lie... He said he was going to give a tax break break to working people just before the election... congress was not in session...

Claimed I obsess over trump lies... not really... I get up usually around 3 am for work... I have coffee and look at Yahoo news, which i agree is pretty anti trump.... ATS, facebook and a local online auction site... NPR on the radio and that is it...Work all day smacking metal... I just think The President of the United States should be somebody idk... trustworthy??? Now somebody that daily posts anti dem threads, would you guys say the same to him?

I dont know what else to say except you guys want links? Not going to matter...

I did not vote for trump obviously, but I hoped for the best. We all have differences in what policies we see as right or wrong,

Oh yeah,,, I do not say much about the Dems, or anything, because the ones in the spot light right now seem like idiots...
Look at your best in the 2016 election lol...

AOC, she has the right goals I think...they are out there though. The muslim lady, this site had taught me to be more tolerant, now I think it has shifted away from that. but not a big fan.

Sorry projectvxn... this is not a response all to you

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I care about lies that matter. I also care about hypocrisy. If you did not care about Obama's lies, and now you care about Trump, you're a partisan hypocrite.

Obama lied about policy, show me Trump lying about policy and I will care. Show me Trump saying one thing while actively doing the opposite, on purpose, to mislead people and keep them from knowing what he wants to do.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Show me where that was a lie again?

Born Friedrich Trump
14 March 1869
Kallstadt, Kingdom of Bavaria

He died in NYC, but was born in Kallstadt. Care to tell the whole class where that is located in modern terms?

Germany

This was Trump's grandfather. Who immigrated to the United States. Patriarch of the Trump family.

Trump's father was born in 1905, and POTUS was born in 1946.

He is absolutely, 100% of German heritage. Trump's grandfather was expelled from Germany in 1905 for refusing to serve in the German military. Same year Fred Trump was born. In fact, he came to the States in June of 1905 and Fred was born in Oct. 1905.

How do you know that wasn't a "family story" like that hag Warren made up about her Indian heritage...?
edit on 4/9/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

9 times out of 10 the media is nitpicking claiming Trump is lying when either what he said is true or the principle is true. He was conceived in Germany but Trump said born so Trump is a liar, GOTCHA. It's like middle school stuff.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Exactly

At the time of his DOB, he existed longer in Germany than the states

Just more nitpicking like you said by the repressive left

I am sick and fed up with these "people"
edit on 4/9/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My point being: we all have these family stories that may not be completely true. But its the family stories we still share and pass down.

It happens... I posted some stuff years ago about my dad doing 80 words a minute morse code. He was a high speed morse interceptor. ..I asked him about it... he said nah.... i apologized on this site

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hang on, guys ... we're on page 8 now
and your'e still all on about what 'is' IS ?
Good heavens above

Outside of Cult 45
The rest of the world is pretty much :

Yah, right the economy, jobs, trade 'n' exchange... trade wäärs, GDP declining

Forget 2020.....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join