It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why we can't communicate with aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
The otherworlders have already communicated with Earthlings many times in the past. If not telepathy...which I believe has a high possibility that it has already occurred between ET's and Earthlings --- Laser holographic communication attempts by the ET's on Earth? Which is a good chance that has already happened.

Would a programmer chat with the characters they created in their video game? Unlikely.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Uhm, what if they are like psychic and speak to you all, "My mind to your mind" like. So, instead of words you get the U-tube version so your pretty little brain does not have to sort out all those damn letters and punctuation marks!? We seem to be pretty hard wired for "monkey see, monkey do". [Picture narrator, in the googleplex inside your mind's eye]See what big explosions do. You end up dead. The planet ends up dead. See what happens when you pollute and pollute? You end up dead. The planet ends up dead. Stop living that way![end psychic connection, Galaxy Channel 1]

In this case, they would be saying, "Monkey see, monkey don't do. That's a bad monkey! BAD MONKEY!!"

Only a complete idiot would come out and say, "They want me to start a new religion! Give me your money. Here, put these white sneakers on! I am Jesus returned and we all going to the Mother Ship..." Etc.

But monkey see, monkey do. Then the cult gets raided by the F.B.I., and all monkeys do... and all the monkeys go to sleep and never see the Mother Ship.

I guess it is true, the book is always better than the movie!!

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Why not? They could even have been made just for that.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Based on the evidence provided by abductees, the black triangle alien craft time travel between dimensions, have anti gravity and or ZPE propulsion. Maybe paradigm issues such as the Euclidean geometry of ordinary human observation prevents people from understanding the alien perspective?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I know people always say, "Well, mathematics is a universal language, so we can use that to communicate!" But seriously, it's not. Maybe it's good for us monkey cousins who like to count on or fingers and toes how many bananas we have, but once you get past the basic operations, math goes completely off the rails when trying to describe reality and how it works. It's no better than using clunky, baffling, misunderstood words.

For instance, if you had senses that saw everything as subtle, non-distinct variations in energy patterns, you may never develop the concept of uniqueness or singularity. One plus one would never make sense to you, because it's all part of the same thing. Which in reality, it really is. We assign fairly arbitrary divisions between what we consider to be individual "things," and there's no guarantee at all that an alien would do that. We also group things in ways that they might not. We might say one apple plus another apple equals two apples. But that is a convention. There are no two exactly identical apples, and each one has its own energy variation/signature. If you somehow meld the two together, you might get one larger energy signature, but certainly not "two" of anything. One plus one equals one. In fact, there is only one.

So good luck with trying to communicate to aliens using math. Hey, maybe it will work. Or they'll just destroy you for being insane and unwilling to communicate with them like an enlightened being.

Beings who couldn't distinguish one thing from another, by some means, or couldn't count, or couldn't think in abstractions, like groups of similar, but not identical objects, wouldn't achieve the technology to visit us from afar, or even communicate with us with technology.

We might happen upon such a race someday, if we learn to travel between the stars. If everything's a subtle, indistinct blur to them, though, one wonders how they were able to do things necessary for their survival, such as: avoid predators, tell friend from foe, or find food. Perhaps our finding such a race isn't very likely, after all.
edit on 8-4-2019 by Ross 54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Let's assume if there are aliens somehow visiting (not denying the phenomenon, just doubt its aliens in most conventional sense)
Will these aliens speak like Jabba or Chewbacca in Star Wars? Why assume it's just a linear parallel to how we communicate? They could speak chemically, or through senses we don't even have. Why assume it's something we would recognize as communication at all?
You may be right that we would struggle to communicate if at all, look at dolphins, we just can't seem to learn the language despite knowing they do have one. I just don't believe our language could be such a close parallel as to be easily "mistranslated" as in your examples.

a reply to: Thecakeisalie

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
There are several theories that aliens have been interacting with and guiding society covertly. If so, would it not stand to reason that these self same beings have already influenced our languages? Ergo, communication is already being utilized.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
it really depends on which group. Most of the lower level ones communicate on infrared frequency.However George King was taught a technique by the Venusians, and i am aware that George Hunt Williamson (Rick) and Tuella used the same technique. We know it as the Sound Current and it resonates in the head around 22khz and it is also used to travel on. It is like a VPN for going out the body and onto the craft as well as for communication. Its was also used by Rumi the poet , he was taught it by Shams i Tabrez and Kabir uses it to. This is used for communicating with the &th Density Andromedans as well as used by the Alpha Centaurians who support the Venusians in the Eisenhowser and Truman meetings . a reply to: Thecakeisalie

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Unless they could communicate telepathically where we could understand perhaps.

My cats communicate telepathically to each other, so I am thinking that all animals do.

We probably had the ability to do so, but our alien progenitors took it away from us, perhaps to control us easier.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Of course they can understand English. They can understand all languages. They are scientist!

They are very advanced and some have been here for decades studying us.

There have been several alien species on Earth. The ones that created homo sapiens sapiens probably spoke and wrote Sumerian - or whatever first language humans spoke - because they are the ones that thought us how to read and write.

Just look at Sumerian text, talk about alien, that stuff is techno as hell.

If a Cambodian can speak English then an extraterrestrial can speak English - and Cambodian too.

You don't think their scientist study our communication devices?

You don't think they know the internet inside and out?

You don't think they know how to spell A L E I N ?

You don't think they have been on ATS?

Get real people.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

english is a simple language any advanced species coudl learn nice bait post

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: Blue Shift

Why not? They could even have been made just for that.

I suppose there are a lot of people out there now who have long discussions with Amazon's Alexa. I suppose it could be better than talking to yourself.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ross 54
Beings who couldn't distinguish one thing from another, by some means, or couldn't count, or couldn't think in abstractions, like groups of similar, but not identical objects, wouldn't achieve the technology to visit us from afar, or even communicate with us with technology.

That's an interesting hypothesis, but I don't know how it could be tested.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join