It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why we can't communicate with aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Maybe the alien evolution denies them from communicating with us. They simply don't see any equivalent topics to share with us that they have passed probably millions of years ago..?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think they'd play with us for entertainment.

Kinda like I would do with a caveman.

I'd own the cave wimmin with my mystical bic lighter.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
the ETs we suppose are there in UFOs might be an incorrect notion

we also suppose the UFOs are interstellar crafts instead of lifeforms themselves
perhaps even some UFOs are just disturbances in the atmosphere from the ionized shadows those creatures project to Earthmen viewers because of some mysterious energy release from the UFOs traveling within a 'wormhole' which spans across our airspace for some reason.

ETs may be visual echo of other dimensional entities...and 'we' are their 'Ghosts'...Think in terms of side-by-side dimensions which overlap or bleed into our Reality... the beings would have no way of communicating other that a 'wave & a nod' IF they are even so equipt, to do that sort of gesture

I think we are too programmed with 1950-ish outer space entertainment notions/nonsense

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

lol

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Hmm, I would not like to meet aliens... in our duality dimension.
Because there are 99% chance that they will be malevolent, why? Because we are malevolent to other races on this earth (animals),heck we are killing each other because of skin color (still!). And they will surely find us first, meaning they will be more technologically superior. They would not even try to communicate , do we try to communicate with animals? If we can not eat them we make use of them and when we try to understand their nature better we dissect them and make our own conclusions.
We are all hyped about meeting aliens, because we watched too much Hollywood movies.

Now, the aliens we meet while using psychoactive substances,or meditating, or astral projecting are likely to be benevolent,those I like to meet, (because they have nothing to do with our the-stronger-survives reality) and communication with them- we already have the receiver/transmitter apparatus - our brain through telepathy.

Imagine: Something is protecting us, from the malevolent ones, not to be on their menu. Something said to Oumamua: "Buddy this is my garden"and it turned his course.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Good day, or as us Alpha centurions say 'zzzhrt wvoum hrrst heeluvm.'

My greetings should be a hint to what this thread is about. Now most of us viewing this speak English, many need to translate that sentence. However looking at my greeting in Icelandic it could be 'jykenfyorden duye grubbily doo' and I wouldn't know if he was attempting to con me or asking me for my non existent daughter's hand in marriage.

There is the problem-we will not understand. Never.

I have a cat, I make animalistic noises to let it know it's supper time, firstly because cats are idiots, and secondly because cats can't talk.

The Voyager satellite-for all its worth and a remarkable achievents, will never be translated. Despite our best attepts of spreading peace, instead of hearing 'greetings from the children of planet Earth' they could be hearing 'your mother is a whore.'

It's probably for the best, Carl Sagan said that the first television broadcast they could pick up would be a speech by Hitler. That is debatable, but German is not a pleasant language to hear. Imagine the British colonization of Australia, when they asked the locals what animal they saw they said 'Kangaroo' meant in the local tongue 'i don't understand.'

Okay vocal communication is nigh impossible, but what about physical gestures, even we can't get that right. Most people wouldn't know the origins of the 'thumbs up. How are we supposed to interpret a 'wort wort wort' followed by a three fingured salute? Tom DeLonge might be able to solve the problem (if he not too busy with his dismantled faux Punk band or this bogus UFO project he's working on.)

This is the truth. We cannot communicate with aliens, it would be like texting an ex girlfriend on a planet orbiting proxima hoping to get back together after a text you sent ten years ago-and thats the nearest Star.

We need to face the reality-sure we are not alone in the universe, but trying to contact aliens is like me getting into a TARDIS and rewinding my miserable life.

Remember-the U in UFO stands for unidentified, and I'd like to keep it that way. No if you'll excuse me I spotted a sickly Dog that may be a chupacabra.

Cat's have a brain a little larger than a golf ball yet somehow they seem to render their owners down to their intellectual level.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   

It is only rational that all sentient conscious life needs to cooperate. We are such a rarity in the universe and we need to take control or we will be extinguished by the actions of physical forces.

As each species gains ascendancy, it is important that they continue the process by 'uplifting' the near-intelligent consciousnesses the leave behind, to add them to the collective of ascended species as well.

In this way, there is a continuum of intelligently controlled ascension.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

What proof do you have for your statement of ''there's sure to be alien life out there'' ?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ligyron

What proof do you have for your statement of ''there's sure to be alien life out there'' ?

Did they make that statement? very short thread, the poster hasn't edited any of their posts yet I cannot see them making that statement.

Your reply is to them and you have added quotes yet that poster didn't say that.

What gives?

edit: I cant find anyone actually say that in this thread.
edit on 8-4-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Talking to extraterrestrials will by like how this documentary films shows a 1967 man talking with dolphins:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Maybe we could communicate using shadow puppets.

Or interpretive dance?

I'd pay to see Phage do an interpretive dance.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Douglas Adams is one of my favorite authors. This is one of the most wonderfully written passages and happens to address this topic perfectly.

It is of course well known that careless talk costs lives, but the full scale of the problem is not always appreciated. For instance, a human (see Earth) named Arthur Dent who, because of a Vogon Constructor Fleet, was one of the last two humans in the Universe at the time, once said "I seem to be having trmendous difficulty with my lifestyle." At the very moment that Arthur said this, a freak wormhole opened up in the fabric of the space-time continuum and carried his words far far back in time across almost infinite reaches of space to a distant Galaxy where strange and warlike beings were poised on the brink of frightful interstellar battle.

The two opposing leaders were meeting for the last time.

A dreadful silence fell across the conference table as the commander of the Vl'Hurgs, resplendent in his black jewelled battle shorts, gazed levelly at the the G'Gugvuntt leader squatting opposite him in a cloud of green sweet-smelling steam, and, with a million sleek and horribly beweaponed star cruisers poised to unleash electric death at his single word of command, challenged the vile creature to take back what it had said about his mother.

The creature stirred in his sickly broiling vapour, and at that very moment the words I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle drifted across the conference table.

Unfortunately, in the Vl'Hurg tongue this was the most dreadful insult imaginable, and there was nothing for it but to wage terrible war for centuries.

Eventually of course, after their Galaxy had been decimated over a few thousand years, it was realized that the whole thing had been a ghastly mistake, and so the two opposing battle fleets settled their few remaining differences in order to launch a joint attack on our own Galaxy - now positively identified as the source of the offending remark.

For thousands more years the mighty ships tore across the empty wastes of space and finally dived screaming on to the first planet they came across - which happened to be the Earth - where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

Those who study the complex interplay of cause and effect in the history of the Universe say that this sort of thing is going on all the time, but that we are powerless to prevent it.

"It's just life," they say.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Does that means a game of charades is out of the question

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Unless they could communicate telepathically where we could understand perhaps.

Smart thinking! From what I've seen, non-telepathic 2-way communication requires a universal translator. And It has to be calibrated, using language samples from the alien species.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Father Christmas never replied to my letters when I was little. Maybe it's like that.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
We would presumably have many mathematical and scientific ideas in common with any extraterrestrials who were capable of building space vessels that travel between the stars. Mathematics could be the basis for communications. We would not simply be swapping equations, either. Many concepts can be readily expressed in mathematical terms. Take this modest example, the concepts of true and false.

@@ ^ @@ -- @@@@ " #

@@ ^ @@@-- @@@@ " &

I used unfamiliar symbols to show that these are unimportant. It is the underlying concepts that matter. Given several different examples of such symbolic statements, any reasonably alert intelligence should quickly realize that the above reads :

2 + 2 = 4 is True

2 + 3= 4 is False

This is only the least example of the great deal of communications that could be accomplished with some thought and persistence.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

What.......................the hell. There's some wicked, eerie sounding stuff on here... Where were these recordings recorded?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is a dumb post . I have spoken to many people who knew no English and I did not know there langue .
We could understand if we both tried hard enough to alest get a idea of what the other was saying .
But there is a MUCH simpler method when I cant learn what you speak and you cant learn what I speak invent a 3rd langue which we both can learn .
there is such as that already invented which only has a few 100 words many writers of scifi use it as a base for aliens in the books they wright
Read - The Forever man by James p hogan
or quite a few other scifi books .
The simplest thing we need to do is send the people who love art .
ovesly scifi people have a better imagination then the science types .
Or as the saying goes a picture is worth a 1000 words
Lord both Us and the aliens are intelligent enough to realize we need a way to talk to each other .

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I know people always say, "Well, mathematics is a universal language, so we can use that to communicate!" But seriously, it's not. Maybe it's good for us monkey cousins who like to count on or fingers and toes how many bananas we have, but once you get past the basic operations, math goes completely off the rails when trying to describe reality and how it works. It's no better than using clunky, baffling, misunderstood words.

For instance, if you had senses that saw everything as subtle, non-distinct variations in energy patterns, you may never develop the concept of uniqueness or singularity. One plus one would never make sense to you, because it's all part of the same thing. Which in reality, it really is. We assign fairly arbitrary divisions between what we consider to be individual "things," and there's no guarantee at all that an alien would do that. We also group things in ways that they might not. We might say one apple plus another apple equals two apples. But that is a convention. There are no two exactly identical apples, and each one has its own energy variation/signature. If you somehow meld the two together, you might get one larger energy signature, but certainly not "two" of anything. One plus one equals one. In fact, there is only one.

So good luck with trying to communicate to aliens using math. Hey, maybe it will work. Or they'll just destroy you for being insane and unwilling to communicate with them like an enlightened being.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The otherworlders have already communicated with Earthlings many times in the past. If not telepathy...which I believe has a high possibility that it has already occurred between ET's and Earthlings --- Laser holographic communication attempts by the ET's on Earth? Which is a good chance that has already happened.

Geoglyph carvings on cliif faces in remote areas by the ET''s??? Possibly...yes.

And first and foremost...the actual presence of ET vehicles here on Earth and in our atmosphere. The very sighting of a foo fighter is a form of visual communication contact that beholdens the observer to know that ET starships...and most likely --- biological ET entities on or offboard have been in our presence on Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join