It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identity politics, the downfall of our nation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Long long ago, in a land far, far away, you were chosen for your position, or elected to your position based on your merit, you hard work, your accomplishments. You had to prove yourself before you got the golden ticket and the brass ring.

And when exactly did this take place? While the Grimm Brothers were writing down their fairytales? Those who achieved power in the states have nearly always come from well-off, if not rich families with powerful social ties to other powerful nations.

Since the US elected it's first African American president, it's been a race to see if we could top that. First woman, first Gay woman, first non woman, first guy who identifies as a girl, but likes to wear guy cloths.....WTF? Is this honestly where we want to go? Is this the direction we want?

Do you have a problem with an African-American man being elected to the presidency? Should the U.S. be lead by obese ealderly mysygionist and sexist ultra-rich men instead? Lol. Oh wait.

If a transgender drag queen named Bob wants to be president, I'm old school enough that I think Bob should have some other qualifications besides his sexuality crisis. I used to hear the geezers say "stop the world, I want to get off!", now, I not only understand them, I want to join them. Damn kids are going to ruin this place.

That's great, you could always move to a Sharia law Muslim Country. You'll fit right in with the way you think.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

People get it... the identity politics won't go away. Attitudes are a choice... both good and bad. Attitudes aren't something were are stuck with, yet identity grabbers seem blind to these aspects of life. It's the identity crisis victims that feel the world went to hell in a hand basket, no? There are many many people who live life happy and stress free... they recognize the miracles that surround our every being... they offer up measures for change instead of whining about others all the time.

Identity politics is an attitude no differently. If you're part of it you're living in the toilet... and it stinks in there. To think that there are people that aren't in the toilet with you would be a flawed viewpoint if you ask me.

People falling victim to identity crisis' are being flushed from the waters. It ends up funneling/flushing into whether we keep pissing on others or whether we choose to keep to cleaning our own toilets... letting other toilets rot and stink. Identity politics is the equivalent of being able to smell the piss from outside the bathroom... the people pissing in there can't smell a thing while those with clean toiletry standards won't go near the room with a 33 foot pole.

this is akin to closing your eyes so others can't see you. (It doesn't work that way)

Urine or urine out... which is it???

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ligyron

Do you have a problem with an African-American man being elected to the presidency? Should the U.S. be lead by obese ealderly mysygionist and sexist ultra-rich men instead? Lol. Oh wait.

LOL, you personify my OP. Well done. I doubt I could have articulated my point much better than you did with your display of idiocy.

If a Purple transsexual with only one horn wanted to be president, and had the credentials, but didn't flaunt how purple, how trans, how horny he/she/it was, and just ran on the points they saw fit, I'd be all for it, as long as I agreed with them. Pro tip- you don't have to be racist, to not like a president, even if he is Barry Obama. You can not like him because his policies suck. try the grown up route, it's much more fruitful.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
So OP, you know for a fact that the only reason a gay woman was voted in.. is because she was gay? Or Obama was only voted in because he was black?

Don't confuse what someone is, with why they were actually elected. And once they are elected, there will be those who will clamor because sure, THEY perceive a victory. That doesn't mean squat though.

Get back to me when there is actual proof that people are being elected to positions solely for their sexual preference, or skin color. There may well be some that vote for that reason solely, but I think most people still vote in people that share values that are important to them, and with political agendas that they feel would benefit them if elected.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
There was a time when it was always the best of the best. You can tell the country thrived then.

Today its give the opportunity to , not best.

The best are passed by and the results are showing.

Strange times

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
ah yes of course, the brave new world where you have to be gay, black, and trans to have any position of importance
because as we can all see very clearly there are no straight white dudes in positions of power anywhere anymore hey

😒😒😒

and CERTAINLY no use of trans people, disabled people, and even occassionally just non white people as a stand-in shorthand for someone being laughably unfit for office. no one just constantly making posts ridiculing trans people regardless of whether it's off topic or not, nooo. you would, of *course*, look at their policies very seriously.
All those reaction images of AOC taken midstream while her mouth is open or whatever an thrown all over this hellsite at the remotest excuse, those don't signify anything.
right.
edit on 10-4-2019 by continuousThunder because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2019 by continuousThunder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join