It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identity politics, the downfall of our nation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Yes, Liberal Identity politics are trash, but, I mean, Trump also won based on Identity politics

No, Trump won because the other option was incredibly bad.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I don’t identify.

Am I free to go ?

Am I being detained ?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Yes, Liberal Identity politics are trash, but, I mean, Trump also won based on Identity politics

You still don't understand this after 2+ years.

And you won't understand it when he's still in office in 2023.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: network dude

I identify as a pissed off and over-taxed citizen.

But wait, aren't all peoples within your nation enjoying an economic boom?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Call me when the government isn't:
  • Inefficient
  • Incompetent
  • Dangerous
  • Corrupt (added by request)

edit on 7-4-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Bad analogy. Most people voted for Trump only because his policies and issues or against the policies of Hillary.

I was/am a Rand Paul supporter myself but when given the choice between Trump and Hillary there was no question on who to vote for.

As for how he got the Republican nomination, you can thank the MSM for their daily promotion of Trump on the assumption he would be the easiest candidate for Hillary to beat. The MSM and the DNC are 100% responsible for handing Trump the Republican nomination.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: CADpro
You're a big racist Nazi for even mentioning this. /s

I know. I'm white and a male, so everything that's wrong with the world. And yet, I embrace my ability to survive. I feel like such a horrible person.

You are forgetting one important point, that if your fear ever did materialize, you will still have the power of voting. Did you ever consider that perhaps your identify politics may be the cause of the downfall of your nation?

I am aware, and I do vote in every election, unlike I did in my youth. But I certainly won't feel guilty for saying it, of believing it. I'll just feel bad for the younger generation who thinks that what you look like is more important than who and what you are. It seems we have come full circle. I never understood the term "reverse racism", but I may be starting to get it.

So now you feel you can speak for the upcoming generations values and morals? I think you don't understand the terms 'inclusion' and 'diversity' and 'respect' because that is what it is all about.

link   

• Inefficient
  • Incompetent
  • Dangerous

Don't call me and I won't call you (government slogan).

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I agree with the basic idea of your post, that identity politics and so on have gone too far, especially in things such as politics or employment.

However, it’s important to remember that one myth is the “myth of the meritocracy.” Plenty of rigorous evidence demonstrates we didn’t and don’t live in a meritocracy. It’s mostly not true because of socio economic class, political connections, the impact of intergenerational poverty, lack of ed opportunities, etc.

Economic class (and its resultant opportunities) and who you know, not what you know, largely define life success. I’ve seen this first hand.

I also want to point out that this is especially true for high level positions across politics, business, or things like the UN.

Obviously there are exceptions and outliers. We have more mobility than developing countries, and more so than some developed countries.

a reply to: network dude

edit on 7-4-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

• Inefficient
  • Incompetent
  • Dangerous

You forgot "Corrupt" with their entire purpose to enrich themselves and more importantly their "chosen" financial supporters (usually by handing out regulations, deductions, incentives, or laws which will enrich their supporters at our expense.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Fixed.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Long long ago, in a land far, far away, you were chosen for your position, or elected to your position based on your merit, you hard work, your accomplishments. You had to prove yourself before you got the golden ticket and the brass ring.

utter bollox [ polite version ]

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Long long ago, in a land far, far away, you were chosen for your position, or elected to your position based on your merit, you hard work, your accomplishments. You had to prove yourself before you got the golden ticket and the brass ring.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

If that is what you beleive, I doubt I can alter your view, but let me point out something

The majority of ppl who voted for Trump, did so because of the common sense policies he successfully articulated. The same policies he has done his best to follow through on.

Things like economic policy, unfair trade practices, illegal immigration, Constitutionalist SCOTUS judges, etc.

The religious right supported him, and it certainly wasn't because he was a nice Christian boy.

Almost everyone knew he was an unpolitically correct loose canon, but voted for him in spite of it, or because of it.

Nobody thought he was a conservative, right wing idealogue, but the conservative, working class ppl voted for him anyway.

The MSM trashed the guy mercilessly for a year. People from all walks of life voted for him anyway.

That should tell you something. Ppl have had enough of status quo polititians talking s**t, and doing nothing.

If you don't like him personally, I can understand that, but his policies, and actions are unquestionably good for the country, as a whole, IMO, as well as the opinion of most of "mainstream" America.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

That deserved a double post even triple.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

So, what do you propose to solve some of these situations?

Let's go with one of your points to get started.

Socioeconomic/education inequality has had incomprehensible, and uncountable amounts of money thrown at (wasted) the situation, and not only hasn't it helped, it has actually hurt others caught in the crossfire.

Governent programs have gauranteed almost anyone the opportunity to a college education, but in doing so made an associates degree virtually worthless in the job market, while simultaneously driving up costs for those who don't qualify for the government program. Meanwhile graduates, as well as those who washed out, are left with huge debt, and no ability to repay.

The only people that saw any benifit are the colleges that gladly took tax $ to enroll unqualified students.

Now leftists are promoting "free college" for all. Thats just going to dig the holw deeper.

So, what do you propose, specifically, to address this perceived inequality? Then we can move on to your other complaints

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

• Inefficient
  • Incompetent
  • Dangerous

oh but government doesn't work that way.
government is knocking on your door and taking your land for a freeway or a bird refuge.
government is knocking on your door and informing you that you're getting audited. and if they penalize you there is no recourse or appeal.
government is knocking on your door and telling you that you can't keep three hens in the back yard for eggs. civic ordnance you know.
government is knocking at your door and telling you to clean the briars on the edge of your yard. (or maybe that's your HOA, same principle)
governments in general, and leftists in particular, most certainly will NOT leave you alone

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm not sure I even know what identity politics is....

I feel blessed to be a White American Male and all the opportunities it affords. I have a black man on my payroll and he is constantly harassed by the cops. He is a fine upstanding Christian, taxpaying, hard working man.

edit on 7-4-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

• Inefficient
  • Incompetent
  • Dangerous

oh but government doesn't work that way.
government is knocking on your door and taking your land for a freeway or a bird refuge.

Aren't they now doing or going to do the same for the border wall and to those that can't pay their land taxes?

government is knocking on your door and informing you that you're getting audited. and if they penalize you there is no recourse or appeal.

Hasn't this been going on since the formation of your government, no matter which party had power? It's all about getting that tax money and devising different ways of getting more of it instead of thinking of ways to make money from existing resources or creating new ways of prosperity for all.

government is knocking on your door and telling you that you can't keep three hens in the back yard for eggs. civic ordnance you know.

Odd thing, when my government (not American) allows us to keep hens in the backyard for eggs and now we can smoke recreational marijuana and have our criminal records expunged - why? - because we petitioned to do so and voted in the leader that would give us what we want. What's wrong with your government?

government is knocking at your door and telling you to clean the briars on the edge of your yard. (or maybe that's your HOA, same principle)

Your property, your responsibility because some neighbours don't want to look at your mess. Hire some kid to do it for a nominal wage.

governments in general, and leftists in particular, most certainly will NOT leave you alone

Any party you vote in will definitely leave you alone in regards to what you want - it is all about what they want. Not for the people.

edit on 14CDT12America/Chicago007121230 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Fast forward to 2019, and you need only be a black transgender in a wheelchair. The more boxes you tick, the better chance you have of being the "first evah!" Since the US elected it's first African American president, it's been a race to see if we could top that. First woman, first Gay woman, first non woman, first guy who identifies as a girl, but likes to wear guy cloths.....WTF? Is this honestly where we want to go? Is this the direction we want?

If a transgender drag queen named Bob wants to be president, I'm old school enough that I think Bob should have some other qualifications besides his sexuality crisis. I used to hear the geezers say "stop the world, I want to get off!", now, I not only understand them, I want to join them. Damn kids are going to ruin this place.

The golden ticket and brass ring can still be obtained today for the right price, look up college admissions scandal. It looks like the office of the President is not immune to what power and money can get you when one does not have any of the qualifications that most would consider the makings of a world class leader.

Is this the direction you want to continue to go?

no, as I said, and you apparently missed, I think you should have to prove yourself worthy before you get picked first. try reading the OP, instead of just quoting it.

Sad thing, I don't think the poster in question missed anything. I think the response was cynical in the extreme.

I think the intent was to say that no one ever truly earns anything and that we all bribe our way in one way or another.

Disgusting, actually.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join