It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identity politics, the downfall of our nation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Long long ago, in a land far, far away, you were chosen for your position, or elected to your position based on your merit, you hard work, your accomplishments. You had to prove yourself before you got the golden ticket and the brass ring.

Fast forward to 2019, and you need only be a black transgender in a wheelchair. The more boxes you tick, the better chance you have of being the "first evah!" Since the US elected it's first African American president, it's been a race to see if we could top that. First woman, first Gay woman, first non woman, first guy who identifies as a girl, but likes to wear guy cloths.....WTF? Is this honestly where we want to go? Is this the direction we want?

If a transgender drag queen named Bob wants to be president, I'm old school enough that I think Bob should have some other qualifications besides his sexuality crisis. I used to hear the geezers say "stop the world, I want to get off!", now, I not only understand them, I want to join them. Damn kids are going to ruin this place.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Long long ago, in a land far, far away, you were chosen for your position, or elected to your position based on your merit, you hard work, your accomplishments. You had to prove yourself before you got the golden ticket and the brass ring.

Fast forward to 2019, and you need only be a black transgender in a wheelchair. The more boxes you tick, the better chance you have of being the "first evah!" Since the US elected it's first African American president, it's been a race to see if we could top that. First woman, first Gay woman, first non woman, first guy who identifies as a girl, but likes to wear guy cloths.....WTF? Is this honestly where we want to go? Is this the direction we want?

If a transgender drag queen named Bob wants to be president, I'm old school enough that I think Bob should have some other qualifications besides his sexuality crisis. I used to hear the geezers say "stop the world, I want to get off!", now, I not only understand them, I want to join them. Damn kids are going to ruin this place.

The golden ticket and brass ring can still be obtained today for the right price, look up college admissions scandal. It looks like the office of the President is not immune to what power and money can get you when one does not have any of the qualifications that most would consider the makings of a world class leader.

Is this the direction you want to continue to go?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

The golden ticket and brass ring can still be obtained today for the right price, look up college admissions scandal. It looks like the office of the President is not immune to what power and money can get you when one does not have any of the qualifications that most would consider the makings of a world class leader.

no, as I said, and you apparently missed, I think you should have to prove yourself worthy before you get picked first. try reading the OP, instead of just quoting it.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And what does that say for the fools who would actually vote for someone based on being the 1st of something regardless of qualifications or policies?

Leftest virtue signaling and feels will be the death of this country.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You're a big racist Nazi for even mentioning this. /s

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

no, as I said, and you apparently missed, I think you should have to prove yourself worthy before you get picked first. try reading the OP, instead of just quoting it.

Long long ago, and far far away...fiction is your premise or did you miss that clue?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Identity politics suck... most agree.

If the join them rather than beat them style of approach is the path of choice, then one should find comfort with their chosen paths. Conforming to identity politics is a choice... not a demand. One may find that there's no need to want to get off the ship when eliminating the problematic thoughts that cause the concerns to begin with. The concerns are almost always self generated as opposed to outer sources of cause.

The best way to lessen the burdens of identity politics... STOP TALKING ABOUT IT AND WORRY ABOUT ONE SELF. Of course it exists if people never stop talking about it.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro

I know. I'm white and a male, so everything that's wrong with the world. And yet, I embrace my ability to survive. I feel like such a horrible person.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I know. I'm white and a male, so everything that's wrong with the world. And yet, I embrace my ability to survive. I feel like such a horrible person.

You are forgetting one important point, that if your fear ever did materialize, you will still have the power of voting. Did you ever consider that perhaps your identify politics may be the cause of the downfall of your nation?
edit on 14CDT10America/Chicago056101030 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
Identity politics suck... most agree.

If the join them rather than beat them style of approach is the path of choice, then one should find comfort with their chosen paths. Conforming to identity politics is a choice... not a demand. One may find that there's no need to want to get off the ship when eliminating the problematic thoughts that cause the concerns to begin with. The concerns are almost always self generated as opposed to outer sources of cause.

The best way to lessen the burdens of identity politics... STOP TALKING ABOUT IT AND WORRY ABOUT ONE SELF. Of course it exists if people never stop talking about it.

this is akin to closing your eyes so others can't see you. (It doesn't work that way)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You are forgetting one important point, that if your fear ever did materialize, you will still have the power of voting. Did you ever consider that perhaps your identify politics may be the cause of the downfall of your nation?

I am aware, and I do vote in every election, unlike I did in my youth. But I certainly won't feel guilty for saying it, of believing it. I'll just feel bad for the younger generation who thinks that what you look like is more important than who and what you are. It seems we have come full circle. I never understood the term "reverse racism", but I may be starting to get it.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

And what does that say for the fools who would actually vote for someone based on being the 1st of something regardless of qualifications or policies?

Leftest virtue signaling and feels will be the death of this country.

It says that there is a movement to destabilise your nations hardcore values. That's not hyperbole, it's demonstrable fact.
It's the new world after all.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I'm very white, very straight, very simple, and very male like you. Probably very old school for my age at 55. Yesterday, I read a doom scenario of the earth's poles shifting that would wipe humanity off from the face of the planet. I actually became excited as if wishing for something like that to happen. The entire world is a Sodom & Gomorrah in my eyes. It is a delight to meet people with my same outlooks on what's morally right & wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Identity politics is racist and sexist because all it focuses on is skin color and gender.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

And now under trump you just have to have been a CEO of a business in the industry that any Govt.dept. is meant to regulate.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

And what does that say for the fools who would actually vote for someone based on being the 1st of something regardless of qualifications or policies? Leftest virtue signaling and feels will be the death of this country.

You mean like voting for a business man instead of a politician for President?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I identify as a pissed off and over-taxed citizen.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yes, Liberal Identity politics are trash, but, I mean, Trump also won based on Identity politics

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Yes, Liberal Identity politics are trash, but, I mean, Trump also won based on Identity politics

first orange president?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It is sad...after Trump won....I had to explain to my then 4th grade daughter why I did not vote for the first woman president. Her teacher had a day of mourning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join