It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South African Poacher killed by elephant then eaten by lions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Is it OK to hunt Pandas?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He got what he deserved.

Fred..

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Ah ,karma at her finest.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Nothin

The rejoicing of the many at the death, and some even wishing for video: might those also be symptoms of other things wrong with our civilizations, and/or societies?

Or it could show that members care more for the plight of endangered animals in a protected wildlife park than they do about the criminals who would kill them for personal gain , actions have consequences.

This man died not because he went hunting but because he went poaching , there is a distinction.

Does anybody really think: oh one less poacher; problem solved?
Might he not be replaced, if the demand is there?

What about the demand?
All of the crooked park-workers, customs and duties officers, inspectors, financiers, money-launderers, distributors, transporters, consumers, and the many more involved in illegal animal, or animal-part trafficking?

His death won't change any of that.
It just made some folks across the world happy, and some wanted to see that sort of thing on video.

Would be an interesting study: to see how many of those members whom ..."... care more for the plight of endangered animals in a protected wildlife park ..."..., have actively participated in threads here about said animals, no?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

No , I don't think anybody thinks that.

What about the demand?

Demand is the problem , governments of countries concerned need to take action but people also need to put pressure on their and other governments to take action.
Yes I have signed petitions and written to my government on several occasions , it's not much but every little helps.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

I blame the buyers of the poached animals, namely wealthy Chinese who will pay what the impoverished poachers consider a fortune for the animals tusks and such.

Where there is a demand there is supply. It’s the Chinese who need to let go of their superstitious medicine.

Blame the buyers? wtf? that is some backwards logic.

So when it comes to Human trafficking would you blame the buyers as well?

FYI, both parties are at fault. Buyers AND Sellers.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
95% of this thread is people revelling in a mans death whilst claiming the moral high ground.

Yes because what he did was wrong and nature took care of it. So yes, it's a celebration.

Do you not believe in the death penalty? If a serial killer kills multiple people and was put to death would you have sympathy for them? If so, that isn't taking the moral high ground, that's being naive.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Karma at its finest. The elephant did him a favor. Its definitely better to be dead when lions eat you than alive.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

No , I don't think anybody thinks that.

What about the demand?

Demand is the problem , governments of countries concerned need to take action but people also need to put pressure on their and other governments to take action.
Yes I have signed petitions and written to my government on several occasions , it's not much but every little helps.

..."...
The greatest threat facing African rhinos is poaching for the illegal trade in their horns, which has soared in recent years. The number of rhinos poached in South Africa alone has increased by 9,000% since 2007 - from 13 to a record 1,215 in 2014. Powdered horn is used in traditional Asian medicine as a supposed cure for a range of illnesses –from hangovers to fevers and even cancer. But the current surge has been primarily driven by demand for horn in Vietnam. As well as its use in medicine, rhino horn is bought and consumed purely as a symbol of wealth. ..."...

WWF: African rhinos.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I am surprised why humans are so taken aback by animals fighting back for survival, perhaps we have lost something...some knowledge.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

they are using a chemical on rhino horn so they cant be used by crazies as medicine in china.

leave the elephants alone, i have actually fed and apple to an elephant at our zoo because my mom's works gives them allot of money. i had to go elbow deep into his mouth and it was very dentel. when you look into their eyes you can tell someone is looking back.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

95% of this thread is people revelling in a mans death whilst claiming the moral high ground.

Revelling in his death..yes, just a little bit, more the irony maybe. Not like he was innocently taking a stroll, he had bad intentions, he put himself there.
As for moral high ground..I'm not sure I read any posts stating moral high ground. It's just the guy got served some nice karma.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Karma in action.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with that. Would you not revel in the death of somebody that killed someone you knew? Would you not revel in the death of somebody who was a complete scumbag? Sorry there are certain people that should be made fun of when they die because they deserve it. This guy was a complete piece of crap. He got what was coming to him.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

animals in most cases are innocents that know nothing of human ideas of morals and social norms.

this man went out into the wilds of Africa to kill another creature but was bested by the very animal he set out to kill, the animal didn't have any high power weaponry, advanced optics, motorized transport, food, water, and shelter provided for it....so yes people will cheer for the besting of one of our own.

that man didn't need to kill that or any other animal in Africa to live, he went there to kill and get a trophy. the animals that killed and ate him are just being their natural self's.

poachers of rare and intelligent animals(elephants and dolphins/whales) are a sad representation of humanity and I for one wont shed a tear for this man who gets his kicks from killing being killed himself(good riddance in fact).

I wonder what his thoughts were as he slipped into unconsciousness/death, hopefully he died scared and in pain like the animal would have.

humans should be good stewards of the life on this planet and only kill what we need to live, sport hunting is sick. I enjoy shooting and get the skill part of shooting but I don't need to take a life. shooting can be allot like meditating and ironically soothing so don't think im anti gun because I love my guns, but I also love animals.

ETA:
this was a response to Rikku

edit on 9-4-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Barcs I think some call it "The Darwin Award"

Seems fitting

No different than the moron wanna-be gang bangers who go out and commit a litany of crimes while armed and then wind up being shot and killed by a police officer or intended-victim fearing for their lives. The Darwin Award - play stupid games win stupid prizes. Zero sympathy!

This Elephant was absolutely innocent, the only thing it did wrong was have something considered valuable that POS' like this guy thought they could take by just killing it. I have no problem with killing animals for food, self-defense, etc. But because they value a part of their body, not a chance

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

awww yehhh , now that is a bit of karmic justice !

sport hunting is ridiculous
and for complete arseholes wae wee boabies !

it the equivalent of driving fast cars with a sun roof when you havea mid life crisis

man asserting his dominance for his own ego!

OH WOW you're such a man , you can shoot a animal from 2000 yards away with a highly powered rifle
you are soooooooo manly !

naw , wrestle a bear or a python , none of this guns #e !

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

agreed we have been gifted earth and we are #ing it uP!

now , if you inherited 20 billion dollars would you squander it and throw it away or piss it up a wall!

Well we have inherited earth and here we are throwing it to the dogs !
pissing it all up a wall the earth is the most valuable gift we will ever receive apart from life !

we are the care takers of earth and we are trashing it so bad !

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

a reply to: BrianFlanders

Well, of course, if humans are as natural as elephants, the elephants are endangered because humans are more fit to survive than elephants are.

Or because elephants don't have guns.

And elephants can't make guns. Which goes back to what I said. Elephants are endangered because humans are super intelligent hunters and elephants aren't.

One on one, the elephant wins every time.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Agreed , that is the root of the evil which will persist until the market for ivory and horn is ended , more pressure needs to be put on Far Eastern countries to end the trade in their superstition medicines and ivory trinkets.

I find it hard in this day and age of education and enlightenment to believe

that people still believe these things especially with available medication. As

far as I understand it isnt rhino horn a supposed cure for errection problems?

Just watched part of a documentary on Netflix about pangolins, poached to near extinction in Asia and soon Africa, to satisfy demand mostly from Chinese men who believe consuming their scales - made of keratin (same as rhino horn, human nails and hair), will make them less impotent.

May their homes be overrun by the ants no longer eaten by the pangolins.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join