It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South African Poacher killed by elephant then eaten by lions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Now that's what I call teamwork , nature in action !

The group of poachers had entered South Africa's Kruger National Park with the intention of killing a few rhino and bagging some rhino horn but according to his accomplices who informed the family of the suspected poacher's death he was killed by an elephant , a search party found nothing but a human skull and a pair of trousers on Thursday , it's believed his body was taken by lions.
The circle of life.

The managing executive of the park extended his condolences to the family.

"Entering Kruger National Park illegally and on foot is not wise," he said. "It holds many dangers and this incident is evidence of that."

Kruger National Park has an ongoing problem with poaching and there remains a strong demand for rhino horn in Asian countries.

On Saturday, Hong Kong airport authorities seized the biggest haul of rhino horn in five years, valued at $2.1m (£1.6m).
www.bbc.co.uk...

No condolences from me , +1 to the elephants and lions.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Wow man that is crazy dude. Served them right imo.
Poaching disgust me and I imagine the majority of the world population.
Fecking crazy story though.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hahaha oh man, that is the best thread title I think I've ever read!!

lmfao... good man, feeding the lions.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

*KARMA*

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I love to see when people reap the rewards of their hard work. Making it a team effort is The icing on the cake. Somebody should have a party for the elephants though since they did the grunt work and it appears that the lions walked off with the entire buffet, those nice little kitties owe the elephants.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I blame the buyers of the poached animals, namely wealthy Chinese who will pay what the impoverished poachers consider a fortune for the animals tusks and such.

Where there is a demand there is supply. It’s the Chinese who need to let go of their superstitious medicine.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Man oh man, I love me a feel-good thread in the morning!

Thanks for sharing, S&F! 🤣 👌

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I blame the buyers of the poached animals, namely wealthy Chinese who will pay what the impoverished poachers consider a fortune for the animals tusks and such.

Agreed , that is the root of the evil which will persist until the market for ivory and horn is ended , more pressure needs to be put on Far Eastern countries to end the trade in their superstition medicines and ivory trinkets.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Love it. It's just a shame the elephant killed him before he was eaten by the lions. Would have preferred that he was just immobilised by the elephant (like broken back) and then eaten alive, but you can't have everything, I suppose.

edit on 7/4/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Things that make me SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Agreed , that is the root of the evil which will persist until the market for ivory and horn is ended , more pressure needs to be put on Far Eastern countries to end the trade in their superstition medicines and ivory trinkets.

I find it hard in this day and age of education and enlightenment to believe

that people still believe these things especially with available medication. As

far as I understand it isnt rhino horn a supposed cure for errection problems?

edit on 7-4-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Karma at it's finest.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Thats what I call poetic justice. Elephants and Lions 1....Poachers 0

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
GOOD.

But I feel bad for the lion who had to eat that pile of sht.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

It was a good opener for the day. I just logged on and opened this thread first.

As a Cliff Claven aside its a little known fact that the rhino horn once believed to be compacted hair is actually keratin protein through and through and is more similar to the beak of a turtle or a hoof.

The trade market for the horns is for medicine in Asia and to make dagger handles in the middle east though the import of horns there has been illegal since the eighties.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I shouldn't laugh but I did when I read that all they found was a skull and a pair trousers.

They ate his shirt and shoes and socks?
edit on 472019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

My regret is there isn't a video.
Show it at poacher detention centers. THIS COULD BE YOU.... lol
edit on 472019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Now that's what I call teamwork , nature in action !

The group of poachers had entered South Africa's Kruger National Park with the intention of killing a few rhino and bagging some rhino horn but according to his accomplices who informed the family of the suspected poacher's death he was killed by an elephant , a search party found nothing but a human skull and a pair of trousers on Thursday , it's believed his body was taken by lions...

I am guessing the other poachers must have seen him get killed by the elephant and took off? Otherwise, I have no idea how finding a skull and trousers would tell them that unless the skull was pancaked. The lion thing appears to be speculative. Could have been hyenas or whatever. In any case it seems nature took care of itself this round.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

I am guessing the other poachers must have seen him get killed by the elephant and took off?

I think that's likely the case , I'm guessing they believe it was lions as so little was left.
Tasty poacher.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Poaching isn't the root of anything. It's just a symptom of everything that's wrong with human "civilization".

Can't really blame a poacher for poaching any more than you can blame a doctor for being a parasite upon the body of a sick man.
edit on 7-4-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join