It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the West bartering behind the scenes with Russia as to who gets what politically?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I keep a constant continuing eye on developing political patterns. I constantly audit them. I am noticing a pattern beginning to develop. I see that Putin is going around the world effectively posturing Russia as the godfather to a host of smaller nations. Putin's method is protector of failing nations, and is military in execution. China does the same, but not militarily like Putin does. They do it via lending and debt. Both forms effectively make the states they are "helping" dependent upon them and therefore subject to the demands of their protectors. It is a terrible colonization by stealth. The West has long been doing that so Russia and China are only fitting in with usual superpower shenanigans. It is that politically barbaric we may as well compare it to the kind of protection rackets the Mafias use on businesses in their territories (it still goes on in some places).

The latest is that Russia has found a military challenger to march on Tripoli. The West is doing nothing really to protect their former military conquest.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Libya's UN-backed prime minister has vowed to defend the capital Tripoli as forces loyal to a rival advance from the east. In a televised address Fayez al-Serraj accused General Khalifa Haftar of launching a coup, saying his troops would be met with "strength and power". The rebels are on the outskirts of the capital and say they have seized Tripoli's international airport. Tripoli is the base of the UN-backed, internationally recognised government. Rebel forces are advancing on Tripoli in a multi-pronged attack from the south and west of the city, although they have reportedly been slowed by pro-government fighters. Gen Haftar's Libyan National Army (LNA) troops seized the south of Libya and its oil fields earlier this year.

Who is this Haftar?

foreignpolicy.com...

While You Weren’t Looking, General Haftar Has Been Taking Over Libya

...and the economy decays. Then a moment of opportunism triggers a chain reaction. One such chain reaction has taken place this year, begun by Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar’s military advance into southern Libya and seizure of key oil fields. This step seems likely to result in the fulfillment of the warlord’s long-held—and increasingly internationally supported—desire to control all of Libya.

Look who is behind the scenes!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Russian mercenaries back Libyan rebel leader as Moscow seeks influence in Africa

Hundreds of mercenaries linked to Russian military intelligence have been backing the rebel commander of Libya's breakaway eastern half, The Telegraph has learned, as Moscow further expands its presence in Africa. The murky private military company Wagner Group has been supporting Khalifa Haftar with 300 personnel in Benghazi and has supplied his Libyan National Army with artillery, tanks, drones and ammunition, a Whitehall source said. A source close to the Libyan Russian Oil & Gas Joint Company started in Benghazi in April told The Telegraph that “lots of Wagner fighters went [to Libya], and there are rumours that military personnel also went there”.

Is that enough initial evidence for me to furnish you with to say that we smell the rat of Putin's handiwork pulling the strings of his puppets once again. Remember he is having success in Venezuela too, right under America's nose (Reagan would never have stood for that, nor George Bush Senior). So, militarily Putin is "helping out" in Venezuela, Syria and now even Libya. There are other places too of course.

I see that Putin and Israel's PM Benjamin Netanyahu are constantly getting together.

www.rferl.org...

www.jpost.com...

The last visit was three days ago to Moscow.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu landed in Moscow on Thursday, Israeli media reported. The prime minister will make his way to the Kremlim to meet with Russia President Vladimir Putin with the head of the Mossad, he head of Military Intelligence and the head of the National Security Council.

So you can bet that Netanyahu is the Western representative who is dealing with Putin. Putin is too toxic for official Western diplomacy with U.S or Britain. See, how Netanyahu is doing all this as the Western leaders just stand by and watch. Are they being naive? Once I thought they were. Now I know they are not. I believe there is a plan none of us know about. Trump and Putin, through Netanyahu, are carving up the trouble maker states. Do you trhink they are bargaining in the halls of power? Do you think the old style proxy wars have turned into a proxy market place where states are "for sale" to use as puppets for "services rendered"? Is the real diplomacy between Putin and Netanyahu about settling the territory "Five Families" style? If they are meeting that often they are not just having a vodka together. For all those interests, even MOSSAD being involved in the "discussions", some very serious issues are being setlled.

I feel bad for all their puppets and all the civil wars that happen by proxy. Libya might be just about to descend into a very nasty civil war like Syria has. The arms trading is good with such campaigns constantly in motion. Just to wind this up a little shouldn't the arabic people have a little more dignity than this to let their brother against brother civil wars be exploited and for them to be such puppets of both Russia and the West?

A few months back Putin conveniently sent a huge amount of Syrian refugees south to Israel's border. Since then Netanyahu has been very friendly with Putin and the West have gone quiet. The 21st century is proving to be Russia's vast expansion in the world militarily, economically and "intelligently" (meaning secret services kind of intelligence). The Soviet Union could not act anywhere hardly in the world. Since its fall Russia has been hugely successful in expanding its interests.

Is this all agreed behind the scenes do you think? Have the lots already been cast? Perhaps even the kind of bargaining is that they are doing the "You have Libya we'll have Iraq/ You can have Syria if we get to keep Golan"! Do you see what I mean?

Trump is obviously dealing with Putin through Netanyahu as Israel and the U.S do everything together. Perhaps Putin has threatened the West by using his military clout and game playing in Syria as a potential huge threat to Israel and the West has seen that he is not joking. The refugee problems we have had in the West are very much manipulated by Putin as a weapon against us. It has been very politically explosive in effect on us. Putin is formidable, no doubt. He is still a barbaric leader though, not much better than Stalin in intent.

This kind of carving up has happned many times. Churchill and Stalin carved up Europe

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 7-4-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Here is an article relating to the build up of refugees in souther Syria, right on Israel's border.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Israel sends aid to Syrian refugees but will not allow them to cross the border

www.haaretz.com...

Syrian Refugee: ‘I’ll Be First to Enter Israel if They Open Border’

www.independent.co.uk... .html

Syrians fleeing fighting in the country’s south have been turned away from the Golan Heights border area by Israeli soldiers, video footage shows. Several dozen people can be seen approaching the Israeli-occupied frontier in Al Jazeera footage of the incident, waving white cloths in an apparent request for help or refuge. A Reuters reporter at the scene said an officer on the Israeli side of the militarised fence told the crowd in Arabic, “Go back before something bad happens. If you want us to be able to help you, go back,” using a megaphone. “Get a move on.”

That all kicked off last Summer and after that Netanyahu and Putin started talking. Trump met Putin too. Since then the West gave up on Syria and deposing the "Basher". Now the Syrian war is ended and the IS are done for too. It all happened back then. I was watching.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Malak777

Haftar has also some french backing. Regarding Russian influence Libya's parallel central bank is quite interesting.

Libya's parallel central bank admits printing 9.7 billion dinar banknotes in Russia

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Meanwhile the West wants to tun its politics into "Keeping Up With The Kardashians". Do you think "Kim Cortez" will be able to strike a good bargain with Putin on our behalf? That and this is how empires and civilizations fall. That is why I get so angry with liberalism because the competition we are up against is full on ruthless testosterone-fuelled alpha Judo champion "top dawg" Russian MALE. Weeping Jacinda will not be able to cope with Vlad The Impaler! "Kim Cortez" will be about as useful as one of Putin's concubines in reality. Obama was very weak and let Putin get a foothold in the first place. He was so limp-wristed about Syria. If you do it, do it proper like Putin does. Be careful who you vote for while the game is so rough and tough.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
If the West is bartering with Russia it ain't working. Besides, Russia is not really in the same club as far as global influence goes. You can - for example - count on one hand the close Russian allies, and they are hardly world-movers.

Russia is not the Soviet Union, and cannot count on an ideology to stir mischief. Today Russia cannot give away much financial assistance, as they have none, and their economic might is about the same as South Korea, so hardly going to frighten the rest of the world. Russia cannot even keep their old vassal states in check and has resorted to fermenting conflict, including annexing other counties territory - such as in Georgia and Ukraine.

The only think he West barters with Russia on is there large stockpile of nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Alleged "bartering" has been going on for generations.

All across the Cold War virtually the same identical propaganda to justify our rabid imperialism here was used against their people there.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
There is a global reset coming, all the big powers are positioning for it. Everyone is going to hurt, in the US they will try to blame Trump, but it won't work. Trump is trying to put the spotlight where it belongs, the Fed, IMF, BIS etc.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Good let Russia police the rest of the world while we regroup (bring all troops home to strengthen our owndefense both internally and externally.) There once was a plan to combine the US and the USSR, that would be legen wait for it dary, also make an unstoppable alliance to conquer the world as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
they talk about it, sure. Like trading Libya for Venezuela??? Tripoli is under siege as we write. I wonder what bartering is going on with China is more of my concern.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Malak777

How about this?

The West destabilizes a country, e.g. Syria, Libya, Venezuela, etc. Then the Russians or Chinese simply beat the West to the punch with the "saving"?

If this isn't the case, then does the West have the destabilization half of the deal and Russia/China have the fix-it half?

Either way, it just seems like a new spin on colonization. I could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
... bartering ? ... Really ? ... who's running the current chaos in Libya ?
I am referring to recent violence flare ups between Haftar and the so-called UN-backed govt.

Who created the situation in which Marshal Haftar and the Tripoli govt. cannot agree on a mutually beneficial deal ?
edit on 11-4-2019 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join