It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis is a spaceship

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Perhaps a more plausible explanation of the Atlantis myth is a mistranslation of dates and that it was really the eruption of Thera and the destruction of the Minoans that lie at the heart of Plato's tale.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Has to be a city, if I try to break it up in syllables you get " At - Lant - is " meaning it should be on land?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Advanced society and technology.
Who told us how to build pyramids

So they taught us how to make bricks and stones?

Was it them same beings who introduced the wheel..

I mean, that don't sound advanced, that sounds human.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: faceoff85

Atlantis was a spaceship.

Atlantis was a land mass.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Kromlech

Why is that wild imagination?

Because there is zero data, or even circumstantial evidence to support the story.

Atlantis may have been a real place. I can even go as far as believing "Atlanteans" survivors spread knowledge across the planet, after some cataclysmic event.

What you purport, however, is just YouTube fantasy.
edit on 472019 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
*Bangs forehead against desk in despair*
Right. There is only one source for the 'legend' of Atlantis - Plato, who said that his ancestor Solon had passed on the tale, with Solon's story coming from some Egyptian priest. There's just a few problems with it. First no-one else has ever heard of that legend. It's not on any inscriptions in Egypt, it's not in their legends, it's nowhere. Secondly according to Plato Atlantis was in a war with a great enemy. The name of that enemy? Athens. Athens is not 9,000 years old.
Can people please read the source material first, before coming up with wild and woolly theories about Atlantis? It's getting embarrassing.
edit on 7-4-2019 by AngryCymraeg because: Mistake corrected

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I always found it odd when I have met people who say the bible is BS but believe the Atlantis story or when they think the bible is truth but Atlantis is fiction.
Isn't it kind of the same thing....stories passed down from the old days??

It kind of looks like we are either grasping for god to save us, or grasping for aliens to come down and save us.

Atlantis being a spaceship....it was only a matter of time until someone came up with it?

Meh, the only thing I know, is that my laundry isn't going to wash itself.

edit on 7-4-2019 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Why would ppl READ, when they can just watch a YouTube video, and get distorted hallucinations?

The whole Atlantis myth was created out of a few lines, meant to be a parable, IMO.

There may have been, and probably was some kernel of fact behind the tale, in the same way stories of the OT had bits of historical fact.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Kromlech

Why is that wild imagination?

because you say this

And I think it was able to float on water.

and this

I think it was able to travel and didn't sink. It disappeared. Maybe it's just that. They experienced technical difficulties and Earth is beautiful.

and this

Maybe Noah was an Atlantean alien? He got old. Really old. And maybe he was even older

How is it not ones imagination with everything I just quoted.

"I think......"

"maybe it ....."

are expressions of ones imaginative mind.

I have been thinking about Atlantis in recent days , weeks as well.

I guess Aquaman is coming out on bluray soon, which could play a part,

Been watching One Strange Rock recently as well, episode 9 talks about having a back up plan if Earth was struck by a disaster that could end human civilization, so plans to put bases on the moon and Mars and eventually traveling to another Planet that maybe earth-like if found, the episode talks about how and what maybe needed and how we might change/evolve to suit life in space on the journey to another planet, studies being done to see if its possible.

What bacteria we might need to bring what we might need to leave at home, etc etc.

One quote from one of the astronauts or scientists talking on the show mentions how we have explored all of earth and are moving to the stars/heavens now for exploration.

Yet much of the oceans haven't been explored, yes we have mapped them but how much has been explored.

If it is all, has Atlantis been found, Are they alive, are they living in the ocean, Atlantian's that is if they have been found?

Could Atlantian's be beings who can live on the surface as well and do they resemble humans?

Could they be the or some of the aliens many claim come from elsewhere?

Could they be the aliens many say have made agreements with world powers?

I could keep on going for ages with "could they be..." questions "could that or this be...." questions

This is why its imagination, there may be many things amongst the many questions of things that could be and may be which align with reality while many things contemplated thinking this way is attributed to human imagination.

any which way, its entertaining to think about, it allows ones mind wonder into the depth of out imagination.

Its a wild imagination that gives us the best entertainment.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
i believe that Atlantis is a holodeck on the ship called Lemuria

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Well if Atlantis was a spaceship, one has to wonder as to the purpose of our own Moon.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Some say it is a hologram, some say it is hollow (maybe a spaceship,) some say it has Nazi bases on it, some say it is an observatory to watch us, or it could be part of the earth that was fragmented during it's creation (why we have oceans that are tide to the lunar something?)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
I always found it odd when I have met people who say the bible is BS but believe the Atlantis story or when they think the bible is truth but Atlantis is fiction.
Isn't it kind of the same thing....stories passed down from the old days??

Not to argue for the veracity of the Bible, which, as you say, is compiled of stories passed down over the ages, but the Atlantis story has no such tradition of having been "passed down" at all.

There is a difference there.

Harte

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Sounds like you have been watching too much stargate atlantis. If you do not watch it, then you may be linked to someone watching it.
Ask your relatives if they watch it.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I actually think that there might have been an Island or other continent that a Big city existed on, it could have even been in South America. I believe that there were big ships way before they said they existed and a knowledge of the ocean currents that was utilized that we had lost history of. Maybe there was some kind of disaster where all the ships were sunk and Atlantis was destroyed. It would have been a trade hub, there is also history of Lemuria which may just be another name for it. When history is destroyed and everyone with knowledge of something has died off, it becomes a fable.

What the public knows is not the only thing that exists, trade secrets have been evident for thousands of years, people learned long ago that keeping secrets of how to gain wealth was worthwhile. They have even found copper in ancient middle eastern archeology with the same mineral profile as in the Copper country, it has a specific silver and other mineral content to it that can be evaluated to identify the origion of metals. Even if the metal is incorporated into something like brass. They can trace tin to mines in England in ancient artifacts.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Plato took creative liberties to sell copies and get fame. He was smoking hot in those days, the people wanted more. He was cementing his fame in the history books for eternity.

He was in his mud brick basic dwelling with some scrolls, collected maps made by people with no map making skills that weren't very accurate, pictures drawn on parchment of how someone thought things were shaped, experiences with natives in areas, fraught with ignorance, superstition, racism, some other cool stuff added in. A great deal of it was over-exaggerated, incorrect, it made for good reading though. Kind of like the Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Atlantis never even existed, and it certainly wasn't aliens or a super advanced spaceship. Why does the story go that it was consumed by the ocean, not that it blasted off or floated away? No survivors, no spirits being one with the Earth possessing people fantasy bs.

Ever considered writing fiction or a career in game development?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The story of previous civilasation is well covered in the vedic texts.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Watched Stargate a little too much I think

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyFox

Well, it's not a hologram if its also responsible for a tidal force.

Unless of course, Earth is also holographic by nature.

Its placement with regards to its distance from Earth and the Sun, rotation, and size, is either a remarkable sequence of lucky happenstance on our planets part or quite possibly some form of ancient geoengineering/terraforming tool.

Or it's simply a Moon.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Moon! We do not thank it often enough. It's what makes us unique one moon that size. Who gives us stability.
Moon!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join