It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Fox accused of many acts of prosecutorial misconduct & police chiefs vote no confidence in her

page: 1

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I came across this and it was pretty amazing what Kim Fox has done outside the Smollet case, with the increase of value of felony retail theft (to over 3x the state limit) and increasing the number of times needed to reach a felony level - to 10 convictions of $1000+ retail theft, which is an outrageous limit to impose against prosecutors and law enforcement.

It is clear she is actively working to undermine law enforcement and the criminal justice system in Chicago. She seems like a subversive enemy of law and had this happened 50+ years ago, she'd be in prison years ago, and possibly run out of the country (to Cuba, USSR, etc).

When can citizens take action against people like this. Prison is too good for them and an example needs to be made in cases like this.

edit on 4 7 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   
People are starting to take their blinders off and see who she really is...an advocate for the advancement of black privilege and a person who's anti-police. She's undermining "law enforcement and the criminal justice system in Chicago," because she's using her power and influence to fight against "black oppression." If Jussie Smollett was a white, gay actor, who was the perpetrator of a hate crime hoax, would he get the same treatment? Hell no. Kim Foxx is all about advancing black victim culture.

I was elected on a promise to rethink the justice system, to keep people out of prison who do not pose a danger to the community. I promised to spend my office’s finite resources on the most serious crimes in order to create communities that are both safer and fairer.

What "people" are you referring to Foxx?

edit on 4/7/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The lady is toast in 40 days.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
The lady is toast in 40 days.

I hope that the people of Cooke Co get their problems solved. Clearly, she is part of them now.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Just watched the 1st few minutes of the Police Chiefs talking. They have a compelling case of murder and multiple crimes being committed after people were caught red handed, charged according to statute, and then released scot free to commit another crime.

In the news I saw an event where a criminal near me was arrested weeks apart for about 10 car thefts. Between 2016 and now had 27 total arrests, many involving theft some involving selling Meth. Yet, that thug was allowed to go home anyway without revoking the suspended sentences, now 27. The big city's have traitors pushing the thugs on us for what gains? Subversion of our society by traitors in open view is what this is looking like.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Just watched the 1st few minutes of the Police Chiefs talking. They have a compelling case of murder and multiple crimes being committed after people were caught red handed, charged according to statute, and then released scot free to commit another crime.

In the news I saw an event where a criminal near me was arrested weeks apart for about 10 car thefts. Between 2016 and now had 27 total arrests, many involving theft some involving selling Meth. Yet, that thug was allowed to go home anyway without revoking the suspended sentences, now 27. The big city's have traitors pushing the thugs on us for what gains? Subversion of our society by traitors in open view is what this is looking like.

What you are saying is so true.
Sad to say this has happened with the Hillary shtte that there are two levels of justice.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hmmmm... The Chicago PD has no confidence in Foxx? The prosecutor elected by the people who have no confidence in the Chicago PD??? Anyone even slightly familiar with Chicago politics and police reform isn't surprised. Although I've seen little to no actual commentary on ATS about it. But here's a taste...

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson's Long Record of Justifying Police Misconduct and Shootings

In a decade as a senior CPD supervisor, Johnson personally investigated or commanded the officers responsible for six controversial shootings that left five people dead — all young African-Americans — and cost Chicago more than $13 million in misconduct payments. Moreover, Johnson’s tenure as commander of Chicago’s 6th Police District from 2008 to 2011 was marred by serious allegations of misconduct by an elite tactical squad led by a scandal-plagued lieutenant named Glenn Evans. During six months in 2010, members of the roughly 45-person team participated in the fatal shootings of three men, all unarmed or fleeing. During the same period, the entire rest of the CPD killed four people.

This is quite interesting:

Emanuel also appointed Johnson with the unanimous approval of Chicago’s City Council, circumventing the official process and ignoring two outside reformers carefully vetted by Chicago’s Police Board.

Van Dyke trial and 18 overturned convictions highlight Chicago police 'code of silence'

"Even when good police officers try to come forward, the strength of Chicago's code of silence" prevents them from being heard, one observer said.

Kim Foxx, Cook County's top prosecutor, attended court to formally apologize and shake the hands of 18 men whose convictions were tossed out in cases linked to a former police sergeant and his tainted tactical unit. It was an outcome believed to be the largest mass exoneration ever in Cook County.

And everyone's newfound hero Rahm-the-naked-towel-flicking-Emanuel sure wasn't too happy with Foxx about this of course:

Chicago mayor ordered to answer questions in death of teen shot by police

As for Kim Foxx, she did exactly what she promised to do and what she was elected to do by the people: Lock up the folks we rightly fear, and impose other penalties upon those that make us angry but do not pose a threat to anyone. And you can read it from her right here:

Kim Foxx: I welcome an outside review of how we handled the Jussie Smollett case

I'm one of those crazy ass Americans that actually believes and lives by the idea that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Chicago PD declared Smollett guilty on national TV before it ever got to trial. All we know in terms of evidence is what Smollett's supposed accomplices supposedly said to police -- and we have absolutely no idea why the police would excuse those who purportedly committed the actual violence (who should be feared) and refuse to charge them. We haven't seen any proof at all whatsoever in any way, shape or form.

If Chicago PD or anyone wants to show us the proof of what a danger Smollett is to society, I'm happy to check it out. In the meantime, Chicago PD's reputation precedes them, and I don't trust one word out of their mouths. I'm also pretty darn sure that if they had anything of substance to use against Foxx, they would have already. Not this ridiculous grandstanding.

And I'm just shaking my head at the outright hypocrisy of those who suddenly think Rahm is a pillar of virtue!!!

I'm also one of those who really and truly believes the whole "unalienable rights to life, LIBERTY and the pursuit of happiness" thingee... you know that part of the Declaration of Independence? As in if someone isn't a threat to others, then we have no right or reason to deny them their liberty by locking them up.

If I were Kim Foxx, I'd be wearing this vote of no confidence as a badge of honor.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think now people in position are not afraid to speak up. Against their superiors.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The CPD have some nerve.. One corrupt group butthurt that another corrupt group undermined them.

Thats like a bank robber doing a citizens arrest on a kid stealing gum.
edit on 7-4-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I agree that Emanuel is a POS and yes, there is corruption in law enforcement. I'm also sure there are skirmishes between Police Departments and the Mayor's Offices/DA's in other parts of the country too. I know it goes on in the Upstate NY city I live in, where my brother-in-law is a Lieutenant in it's police department.

This case was brought into the national spotlight because it was an alleged hate crime, supposedly committed by white, MAGA Trump supporters. Foxx was contacted about Smollett's case by lawyer Tina Tchen, Michelle Obama’s former chief of staff, which compelled her to recuse herself from the case. However, it later turns out, that she really hadn't done that.

Today Foxx’s office admits that she lied to the public about recusing herself from the case over her prior conversations with Smollett family members over Jussie.

www.theamericanconservative.com...

In addition, the CPD thoroughly investigated this case and were confident that Smollett perpetrated a hoax...so did a grand jury that indicted him with 16 felony counts. Except Smollett's attorneys made this case about race and the supposed leak of false information from the Chicago Police Department. It wasn't "false" if a grand jury indicted Smollett. You ask, where's the proof? Well, thanks to Foxx, people will never see it.

“Foxx expunged it all,” said a top Chicago police official. “The media’s really not focusing on that. What does it mean? It means you’ll never see the (police) interviews or read the notes. “The case has been expunged. I can’t even tell you if Jussie Smollett was ever arrested or charged,” the official said. “Charged with what? Faking hate crimes? Indictments, what indictments? She wiped him clean.”

Oh, wait there's more...even Foxx admitted Smollett was guilty.

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx on Wednesday defended her office’s decision to drop all charges against “Empire” star Jussie Smollett but said prosecutors had enough evidence to convict the actor of faking a hate-crime attack on himself.

Foxx said that the deal, which essentially wipes Smollett’s record clear, was not a sign that the prosecution case was weak or that Smollett was innocent, and said similar low-level felony defendants are cut the same breaks.

chicago.suntimes.com...

Similar breaks? Yeah, right.

And then came that panicky email Foxx’s office sent out, asking prosecutors for “examples of cases, felony preferable, where we, in exercising our discretion, have entered into verbal agreements with defense attorneys to dismiss charges against an offender if certain conditions were met, such as the payment of restitution, completion of community service, etc. but the defendant was not placed in a formal diversion program.”

In other words: Please help me. I’ve screwed up, and I need examples to show people that what I did is really not all that unusual.

I asked a Cook County judge about this.

“How stupid is it to put in writing that you’re advertising for excuses after the fact?” said the judge.

You're free to believe whatever you want, but the fact of the matter is, Smollett exploited racial and political tension for publicity and to further his career. It was a cruel hoax. It promoted this idiotic notion that Trump supporters are racists. It divided this country even further, all while Smollett lied with a smirk on his face and phony tears in his eyes.

Like I stated, if this hoax, was committed by a gay, white actor, who blamed two black men for a hate crime, there would have been no deals made. Foxx, not the CPD is responsible for this mess. She didn't even have the decency to forewarn Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson, or his aides that they were dropping the charges. Surprisingly, Johnson, was not among the police chiefs to call for the state’s attorney’s resignation and is willing to work in partnership. IMO, the Chicago police chiefs’ association, has every right to call for Foxx to step down.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I am very well aware of how all this has played out; I'm not sure why you thought I needed a lesson, as opposed to addressing the longstanding issues I brought up (and sourced). I'm not ignoring what current events, I just refuse to limit my perspective to the "after" and not consider the "before." In other words, the big picture... the whole forest... the totality of evidence and circumstances.

I have absolutely no reason to trust the Chicago police, nor Mayor Rahm Emanuel. In fact, in large part thanks to the efforts of the duly elected Kim Foxx, there is every reason NOT to trust either the Chicago police or Rahm.

Of course we are all welcome to believe whoever and whatever we so choose. It does not make us correct. It does not give us the right to play judge, jury and executioner. We do not have the right, nor the wisdom or authority, to declare a man guilty unless and until he is convicted in a court of law by a jury of his peers upon due consideration of all evidence.

What I do know is that neither of us knows the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. And it doesn't look like we ever will.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Agree 100% she deserves to be hanged. Sadly it will never happen

(post by CrazyFox removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazyFox

Chitcago is a corrupt cesspool who controls the corrupt state of IL.

Yup. Is and has been for a very long time. Particularly the Chicago PD... and its superintendent... and the city's mayor... and so on ad nauseum. Long before Kim Foxx was duly elected by the people on a platform of police and judicial reform.

So the selective outrage -- and the presumption of innocence on behalf of everyone except Foxx and Smollett -- is quite disturbing.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It’s now OK to fake a hate crime as long as your a Democrat. It’s Ok to shop lift and it OK to shoot a cop. That all I get from Kim Fox.
edit on 7-4-2019 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I should have said that I think Philly is in competition for trying to be the most corrupt city in the US as a US Attorney (federal attorney) has had to bring charges against Philadelphia DA because of these lienent charges they are filing for things like robbery (which was plead down from attempted murder leaving man in a wheel chair and blind).

www.justice.gov...

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hah, done a ton of business in Chicago over the years and definitely the most corrupt cities I've ever dealt with.

It's great watching them eat their own.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Cops just make stuff up is what some people say. Well they don't make up the gun battles and have to deal with the public wanting to save their kids lives to make sure there isn't a "next time".

Sometimes Police are jerks, yea. But Society needs the law or we have anarchy. These idiots pushing it are helping our Enemies who despise our personal freedom and the basis of a peaceful society. China and several other country's would kill us for living as free people and that is not dissimilar to King George only the King didn't have hi-tech devices.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bearack

Is it any surprise that immoral criminal KIM FOX is playing the "I'm being attacked because of my race!", card today?

If I was White....twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Cops just make stuff up is what some people say.

Yeah... people say it -- including their fellow cops -- because it's true. And it's been proven again and again.

And it's exactly why the Constitution demands due process, including evidence in a court of law with guilt determined by a jury of our peers. The Constitution demands that the government bears the burden of proof. Cops saying so isn't proof. And Chicago police and other officials have given us every reason not to trust them, specifically, by their own actions. Including the good cops who know better than to cross that thin blue line, and the ones who didn't and suffered retaliation for speaking up.

I'm far more concerned with those on either side of the blue line who think due process and public trials and real evidence before a jury is not necessary or appropriate. I'm very concerned about those who are quite happy to play judge, jury and executioner with absolutely no evidence presented. I'm very concerned about those who are freaking out that Smollett wasn't charged but have no qualms about his "muscle" not being charged.

Well they don't make up the gun battles and have to deal with the public wanting to save their kids lives to make sure there isn't a "next time".

Nope. And, of course, these would be the same exact parents who voted for Kim Foxx. These would be the same exact parents who voted for Kim Foxx's platform for police reform. These would be the same exact people who do not trust the police because they have seen too many of their kids killed by those same police. That's the "next time" that the people were thinking about when they voted for Kim Foxx.

Sometimes Police are jerks, yea. But Society needs the law or we have anarchy.

And police need to follow that same law!!! Sometimes the police are more corrupt and dangerous and break more laws than those they are hired to police. That's worse than anarchy... worse than tyranny... worse than a police state.

These idiots pushing it...

Pushing what exactly? Due process? Evidence? The will of the people who voted for Kim Foxx and her platform of police and judicial reform? Those same exact people that you invoked as not wanting their kids to be killed in the street? No hyperbole or emotional blackmail there...

... are helping our Enemies who despise our personal freedom and the basis of a peaceful society.

Oh please. Our greatest enemy is ourselves. There is no freedom and there is no peaceful society if we're not following the law and if the police aren't following the law and if the people aren't demanding that we follow the law. Just look at Chicago. That hellhole is exactly what we get when the law is not held to account.

China and several other country's would kill us for living as free people and that is not dissimilar to King George only the King didn't have hi-tech devices.

Yeah, that's it. China and several other countries are going to kill us because Smollett wasn't charged. I'm sure they're drawing up their battle plans right now.... yeah, that must be it.

edit on 9-4-2019 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

top topics

join