It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Son and Pillars/Stone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I recall reading a couple months back on an ATS thread about a story of one of Noah's son's how found a stone or pillars with many texts from preflood civilizations. Something about Noah not wanting anyone to read them but his son, with the help of an angel/demon translated them. Sorry its so vague, but thats about all i remember at this point. been doing a searches for a while, can't find any related threads. does this sound familiar to anyone? any links, info would be nice. thanx.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I have heard loose stories about the story from before this.

There are a couple of different ways the stories go.

1, Enoch, the great grandfather of Noah, who walked very closely with God and was taken up to heaven without having to die, was forewarned of the flood to come. He recieved a great deal of knowledge from God which he recorded on two pillars, 1 of marble, 1 of stone.

2. The other Enoch, a descendant of Cain, who built the first city, etc. was the father of Human civilization, probably becuse he was helped by fallen angels/nephalim, and it was he who recorded to two pillars.

I'm sure there are other versions, and I dont know exactly what is supposed to have happened after the flood. The bible does say though that Nephalim showed up again after the flood somehow, so if we assumed that the story was factual (which it may very well not be) then it doesn't have to be Noah's descendants who found it.

The story also goes that Solomon somehow got his hands on the pillars and that they were hidden inside the two pillars of his temple, which is supposedly the source of the secret knowledge of Masonry.

Of course, it's all stories- just stuff I read online. It's a great story, i love hearing about it and talking about it, etc. But we only "know" so much, and the vast majority of it is sort of uncertain.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'v herd small things about this but not on ats but my friend nose lots about the bible and info about it and stuff like that check him out.
trust_no_one on abovetopsecret

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
You find many references to pillars, in particular 2 pillars unsupporting a construction, in Phonecian history.

It is nearly, if not always two pillars or differing materials.

As for the masonic story line goes, the Hiramic Legend you refer two is an allegory, a parrable to explain a moral.

As for Solomon finding the pillar the bible states that a craftsman by the name of Huram actually cast the pillars. I believe it is in kings somewhere, I am sure someone will be able to post the passage if you wish to check it out.

The knowledge of the Freemasons is a knowledge of morals, so nothing exactly riveting, with lessons taught using the allegory and symbols of an operative mason, ie the square, the gavel, and the chisel. And Freemasonry is implementing this morals in every day life.

There have been many stories of a "knowledge" prior to the great flood, and I would imagine every faith that uses the bible has their own version of who found them, that is preferably to them.

The more interesting part is the pillars, or use of pillars. They are onoe of the most commonly found architectural forms from our past, and the ones that are not used for structural purposes are found from all sorts of groups and religions.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
thank you for the replies. i am familiar with the biblical passages in kings about the pillars being cast/made by Huram. From the reading i've done here on ATS i assume that that legend is linked more with the Masons/Freemasons. It's interesting many cultures have references to pillars, but i had assumed that the legend of Seth's Pillars were from a biblical sourse, being centered around the biblical characters of Adam and Seth.

I was wondering mostly because i have also been studing lost civilizations and beliefs some have that the Vedic texts speak of a lost civ. was wondering if the history of the world prior to the flood was written and later found, if it could have evolved into texts like the vedics or legends like atlantis. not that i believe totally in either of these, but there time frame would put the civ's pre-flood. any thoughts on this?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
For start there is no evidence of the flood actually occurring on the scale mentioned in the bible.

Although I would imagine, with the level of knwoledge at those times a large flooding of a certain area may give the impression of the whole world being under water! Would mean they felt they were the only one's on the planet as well though?.

It is my belief that the story is a parrable on cleansing, almost of a genecidal proportion, kinda like the people are non-believers so they were removed from existance, except a selection of living creatures. Almost like the ethnic cleansing from our pasts.

Which would also leave the possibility of passed civ. texts being found, pillars included.

I think there is a parable about broken pillars, but my memory is failing me as to content.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
hmmm.....
I know that one of Noah's son's (I think Japeth, sometimes spelled slightly diffrent???) keeps comming up in old texts for much of northern Europe. (Like German, English, and Norse, well before the time of Beowulf.....it might have some mentioning under that.....) Not biblical, not considered true history by historians, partially for the comments on dragons and the fact that one of Noah's son's is constantly mentioned. but they are some of the oldest documentation that exists in that area of anything.

new topics

top topics

join