It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump urges GOP to consider a 25-cent hike in the gas tax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

1/3 of what comes out of an oil well here is Natural Gas.

I'm sure that's the case. That doesn't mean that all natural gas production is a byproduct of oil production.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Fusion will be best.

Someday.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Orange "hi-viz" vests, anyone?

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I stand corrected.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Perhaps the global warming and limited resource stuff isn't BS?

Perhaps there's hardly anything left, to the point that we will run out before Trump gets re-elected?

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Lumenari

1/3 of what comes out of an oil well here is Natural Gas.

I'm sure that's the case. That doesn't mean that all natural gas production is a byproduct of oil production.

Quite true... there is a whole lot of natural gas only drilling.

However, with the advent of horizontal drilling and fracking, Nat Gas in the oil industry is now a big thing, in some places overtaking Nat Gas production in terms of wellsites. It actually hinders oil production here... I've seen wellsites shut in because they could not get the Nat Gas to market.

The infrastructure here is about 5 years behind the times.

Personally, I'd like to see Nat Gas supplying about 50% of all our electricity...

Real clean burn, no horrible carbon footprint and really efficient in terms of BTU's.

And of course a ton of money for me and I'm not getting any younger...

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Perhaps there's hardly anything left, to the point that we will run out before Trump gets re-elected?

A picture from space of the flares in the Bakken oilfield.

Each point of light is a wellsite.

There are no big cities here.

The five year plan here is 50% more of those.

edit on 6-4-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

There is far too much left, as far as global warming goes.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: chr0naut

A picture from space of the flares in the Bakken oilfield.

Each point of light is a wellsite.

There are no big cities here.

The five year plan here is 50% more of those.

I hope there are new reserves but have you considered that perhaps everyone is flagging the same resource?

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: chr0naut

There is far too much left, as far as global warming goes.

Ah, if wishes were only dollars and energy could be created and destroyed...

But, yes, we are continuing to push the ecology to the tipping point.

Then we will have no recourse but to pay the piper.

There is consequence to our actions.

edit on 6/4/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
When the hell are you all going to read the Art of the Deal? I swear, if the left would simply not be so simple minded and narcissistic they would read it and would know how to 'deal' with Trump.

1. Ask or suggest something outrageous
2. Wait to see reaction
3. Counter
4. Walk away or make a deal

It is really that simple. Everything he does has the SAME MO. Everything. Dumb pricks in the DNC just cannot figure it out and it shows how dumb they are.

edit on Apram30amf0000002019-04-07T00:22:56-05:001256 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Yes but the intrastructure was the politicians wallets,just like liberal pukes,them and their dimwit followers,I paid 4 bucks a gal yesterday,it's because of liberal pukes running Calif,and their lies

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I like fuel taxes...

everyone drives, politicians, rich, poor..

25c per litre? whats the big deal.. so dont buy 1 extra coffee latte a week

if everyone in the US was contributing to this tax it could generate a lot for safer roads and debt reduction

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hey follks, the price in Japan on gas today just went up about 40 cents a gallon, nothing happened. Yes, prices are going to go up, packages will again get smaller.
Not sure what to say, but when I started to drive gas was a bit around 21 cents a gallon and smokes were 23 cents a pack.
Times change people, get with it. And really nothing improves with taxes that go up. I know, I've seen florida building a tunnel for turtles under the freeway. wtf

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

You know what else would give them more funding for safer roads? Not starting construction projects over and over again for the roads that are just fine and don't need fixing. I swear, the highway around here has been worked on at least ten times already, and the whole time it's been fine. They just keep switching the lanes back and forth between left and right for apparently no reason. There are plenty of roads I've seen that actually need attention, but instead they waste money just switching things back and fort over and over again for no apparent reason.

Meanwhile in my state of Ohio they want a new gas tax for the roads... HOW ABOUT JUST FOCUS ON THE ROADS THAT ACTUALLY EFFING NEED IT YOU ASSHATS!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Agit8dChop

You know what else would give them more funding for safer roads? Not starting construction projects over and over again for the roads that are just fine and don't need fixing. I swear, the highway around here has been worked on at least ten times already, and the whole time it's been fine. They just keep switching the lanes back and forth between left and right for apparently no reason. There are plenty of roads I've seen that actually need attention, but instead they waste money just switching things back and fort over and over again for no apparent reason.

Meanwhile in my state of Ohio they want a new gas tax for the roads... HOW ABOUT JUST FOCUS ON THE ROADS THAT ACTUALLY EFFING NEED IT YOU ASSHATS!!!!

I just read on the forum that the sane are being led by the insane. Sad, but I also see it in this country.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I know we are lead by the insane, all it takes is look at bicycle laws to tell me that.

It's illegal to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk, yet...

If a bicycle and a pedestrian happen to clash, which would be rare, the worst that happens is a few broken bones. Maaaaybe death in like rare circumstances.

Meanwhile...

If a car clashes with a person on a bicycle, 9/10 the person on the bicycle is roadkill, just like my cousin ended up.

I'd love to have a bicycle, but unlike when I was young, as an adult I'm expected to ride in the street, slowing up traffic, causing road rage, and being more at risk from death from automobile.

At least this state is adding bike lines many places, I'm fine with that. Basically oversized sidewalks where because it's called a bile lane, bikes can actually ride on, unlike the sidewalks... still illegal.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I have to say, you have a unique perspective on what the "big" issues are.

Different roads are the responsibility of different government entities. The $ to repair a county road, for example, doesn't come from the same place as an interstate thoroughfare. A city street is not paid for by the same entity as a state road.

Bicycle lanes are great, when practical, but i doubt there is much support, when the cost far outweighs the benifit on a wide scale basis.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
While I'm generally not a fan of taxes, I wouldn't be opposed to a gas tax if the funds were 100% dedicated to infrastructure. Someone has to pay for it. Ohio just hit us with $0.10 per gallon just a few days ago. As long as Trump can keep the overall cost down (offset the tax increase) with our production, if gas stays around $2.50 or so, I wouldn't mind.

It's not the end of the world and EVERYONE pays in, including the "takers".

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I like fuel taxes...

everyone drives, politicians, rich, poor..

25c per litre? whats the big deal.. so dont buy 1 extra coffee latte a week

if everyone in the US was contributing to this tax it could generate a lot for safer roads and debt reduction

It's a tax that would hurt the poor and middle class the worst.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join