It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Congress force Trump to hand over taxes ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sorry, it was Chairman Richard Neal.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Sorry, it was Chairman Richard Neal.

I just looked, he says they need to have oversight, no actual reasons at all on the source I saw. Source his exact reasons and exactly what Trump did and the evidence for it.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You'd think with Trump being the mastermind he claims to be, and a so called hero of the people, that he'd simply turn his tax info over to the public and show everyone there is no problem, proving hes just a normal tax paying American.

The real problem is that there is something wrong with Trump not being transparent, he is hiding behind politics to shield the skeletons in his closet, and not just the taxes. Its obvious, it couldn't be more obvious.

This man has brought politics to a new level, not that it wasn't already headed in that direction..but you have to look at how this tycoon, bully of a businessman has handled his dealings over the years.

Justice is no longer the desired outcome by the people that we elected to represent us. It has become a multi-billion dollar finger pointing game, and what's desired most now is being able to tell the other party "I told you so", in that it can be used as some sort of political leverage, to feed the media monster and include the general public in a way that's just childish.

Watching this is just sad, the commander and chief is supposed to be a proud, honorable position that represents the American people to the highest degree. The commander of the armed forces, and protector of the people. Not a tough executive power house that belittles the competition, and verbally ridicules anyone that disagrees with him/her.

Its all just wrong, it feels wrong, it sounds wrong, it looks wrong. The checks and balances of old are now a blame game of influencing the public in a way that is designed to bring positive outcomes for whatever politcal agenda is being pushed.

What is right for the general population is not what the true motive for our government at this time. Yes, there are people in government, in all branches that still seek to do whats "right" or "just," but they are eclipsed by officials on both sides that only want to play the blame game, and achieve what is most desired now. Money, Power, and Ability to influence those they represent.

The fake and materialistic nature of the capitalist beast we've been feeding for years has finally become a true monster of our time.

Trump has no reason to keep his tax returns secret, unless there is something in there that can hurt his image, and change his connection to this financial and politcal beast, therefore making it impossible for Trump to continue doing business as he has in the past. Oh boy wouldn't that be a shame.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

no law exists that a president must disclose their tax returns. The entire topic is political just like Russian collusion. That didn't work so now to the new narrative to distract and raise suspicion and division again.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That, to me, is an even bigger worry, and an even more obviously sham excuse.

"We just need to check that the IRS us doing its job. Because they have a 'policy' of auditing every President..."

How convenient. 'Just checking'.
edit on 6-4-2019 by Rewey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

“Congress, as a co-equal branch of government, has a duty to conduct oversight of departments and officials. The Ways and Means Committee in particular has a responsibility to conduct oversight of our voluntary Federal tax system and determine how Americans – including those elected to our highest office – are complying with those laws. It is also our duty to evaluate the operation of the Internal Revenue Service in its administration and enforcement of the tax laws.

“The IRS has a policy of auditing the tax returns of all sitting presidents and vice-presidents, yet little is known about the effectiveness of this program. On behalf of the American people, the Ways and Means Committee must determine if that policy is being followed, and, if so, whether these audits are conducted fully and appropriately. In order to fairly make that determination, we must obtain President Trump’s tax returns and review whether the IRS is carrying out its responsibilities. The Committee has a duty to examine whether Congressional action may be needed to require such audits, and to oversee that they are conducted properly.
waysandmeans.house.gov...

Looks to me like his reasons are clear and reasonable.

If challengers of this demand by the Ways and Means Committee need more "reasons" Trump himself has said that his taxes were under audit during the election. If they're still under audit, which is a very, very long audit, and that's why he won't release them, as he promised to do. What's up with a 3 plus year audit on Trump's tax returns? Is this IRS incompetence, harassment, or a lie?

Next, we have Trump's personal lawyer, who testified under oath that Trump inflates his assets for budiness deals and deflates them to tax purposes.

His charity, The Trump Foundation was shuttered because of his illegal mischief and he's being investigated for possible violations of the Emolument Clause.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JediMindTrek

Trump has no reason to keep his tax returns secret...

Of course he does. How about simple personal privacy, just like every other citizen is afforded.

The same must apply to you - you have no reason to keep yours secret, unless you have been up to something nefarious, right?

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Lets see if he can find those tax returns though.

Can you tell me what those tax returns from before he was president mean? Is he going to be impeached? Your leftist friends are making the Donald more and more a 2 term president.

REEEEEEEE

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

1. Getting Trump's taxes returns will get you nothing of years of tax returns signed by a certified accountant that Trump hired to do his taxes.

2. It will denigrate to the actual person whose signature is on the form as certifying that the information is correct. It will then denigrate to Trump supplying false information to the preparer.

So if you have professionals do your taxes, and you just sign off on it, you are not culpable if there is wrongdoing? That's pretty funny.

Regardless doesn't matter, I'm sure Trump's taxes are squeaky clean, like him, right? Might as well publish them all, it will just embarrass the Dems after all! What could go wrong?

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

My accountant always signs and then stamps it "Prepared by not audited by ________"

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

You guys really do not seem to understand why they are asking for these.
I guess if you view it all as a witch hunt it can happen.
They are looking for business conflicts of interest. They are looking to see if he is making policy that benefits himself over others. Like the tax law that reduced liability for developers. (OOOOOOO)
Instead y'all want to see it as an invasion of privacy which it is not.
No one is going to get to see them but congress. If there are issues they will address those without publishing his returns. There is no need for us to see them and we wont. Unless he actually releases them. What a novel idea to get ahead of the dems huh? He should just release ten years worth and say there you dims there they are.
But he wont...

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

Back to my original point. The commander and chief is an extremely honorable position to hold, and transparency of ones past, present and future financial ups and downs shouldn't be an issue. It comes down to respect. We all have good friends or close family members that would be happy to share their tax numbers over the years business or not.
Being truthful and sincere about ones motives and business dealings as it pertains to the highest elected office in the nation, is what you'd expect from a great leader.

This is not a privacy issue, we all deserve it for moral, medical, financial, and legal reasons..but the President should be expected to be vetted properly because of the responsibility and nature of his/her job.

This is a purely politcal and business status issue. In order to be elected president, it should be the most invasive vetting procedure possible. You should be trading your right to privacy for a job in THE "Hot Seat." If I apply for a position with the government, lets say an Intel Analyst, their background checks and investigation of your finincial background will leave no page unturned because of the nature of the job. If anything, including tax fraud, evasion, whatever could comprimise your country or the entity your're working for..you simply won't get the job.

Yet a sitting President can simply say no I don't want to, and we're all just supposed to go along with that. When I apply for a highly respected, top clearance level, responsibility heavy position, my life is torn to pieces to make sure that I can do said job, and not be compromised. Which is how it should be.

I don't care to see his damn tax returns, but if some committee in congress wants to see them, or anything else that could potentially compromise the office of the president, should be turned over immediately. We are treated a certain way when we seek an important position, especially government. Why should President Trump get any other type of treatment. If congress wants to see his tax returns, it should be allowed, nobody cares if he releases them to the public, we just want Trump to be held accountable for his actions, just as we all are.

If you're laundering or embezzling money from yours or someone elses company, and an accountant/chief financial officer/secretary catches you..shouldn't you be held accountable? Or can you just fire said whistleblower and put someone in the position you can trust to go along with your narrative and deceptive practices?

This is where the constitution falls short in this new age. A sitting President can fire officials every day until he/she has the person(s) they can depend on to take their best interests in hand, not the country's. This president screams witch hunt, yet claims there is nothing to be hunting for. In which coniencidently people are going to challenge, because simply put, someone has to. So Trump should put his money where his mouth is, thats all.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I agree. Anything Trump could do as president to protect his future business dealings is simply a bonus for him at this point, because you know he owns a pretty sucessful global company and what not. He has a cut throat way of doing business; Is it such a surprise that he's cut throat when it comes to politics and protecting his empire of dirty money?

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

I dont have a political agenda you silly person. I dont hold office.
But this is not something based on a wish. The truth is that congress has never been denied any tax return they asked to see since the 1920's and they probably wont be denied them now.

I think I even heard that it is illegal for him to order the IRS not to.
Mnuchin... if you're listening. I want you to find the missing tax returns...

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JediMindTrek

Why, so the Democrats and the liberal media can create more false narratives and make up more lies? We had 2 years of investigations into Russian collusion, and not a single one of them cares nothing is found, he's guilty. Why would he expose himself to that again? His innocence doesn't matter to these people.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Meh...keep making this an issue and watch as Trump once again plays you for Chumps....

You will eventually get your tax returns and it will be another big fat nothing burger.

Some people neeeeever learn. I almost feel sorry for you all.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So there is literally nothing there, just like I said. They want to investigate to find out if there is anything that needs to be investigated. They need something to investigate, they can't go on fishing expeditions.

Kilbourn v. Thompson made that very clear.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Right after you sign away your rights to unreasonable search and seizure.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Halfswede
And the two year investigation did NOT look for conflicts of interest. ...

Care to source that. Oh yeah, you don't source things, just make them up and repeatedly refuse to source. Wishing doesn't make it so.

Face it, EVERYTHING you have claimed will happen hasn't happened. In fact the opposite happened. You should join the Dreams and Predictions forum where they have a similar track record.

www.bbc.com...

A special counsel is in place to oversee the investigation looking into alleged Russian interference in the US presidential election, and if Trump campaign figures were complicit.

In a nut shell. Nothing about conflict of business interests in his policy making. Not making anything up. And if you need more than one source heres a whole page of them.
www.google.com... ..69i57.9023j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
edit on 462019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SillyolmeIf there are issues they will address those without publishing his returns.

No one believes that, not even you. Anything and everything will be leaked if it benefits the Dems.

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join