It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Congress force Trump to hand over taxes ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Claiming this is political is a weak argument being used by his misinformed lawyer.
They are going to get his tax returns because there has never been an instance where congress asked for this and was denied.
They have oversight of the president and absolutely will obtain what they need to make sure there is no conflict of interest.
And he can not stop them. Doing so could very well look like some kind of obstruction. Oh I mean fighting back. LOL

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

What do you think that says? It has nothing to do with this request for his tax returns.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

That includes congress you know...

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

The Ways and Means committee has never been denied any tax return they have ever requested.
If they had ever been denied trumps lawyer would only have had to sight that case in his letter to get this stopped but he couldn't because there were no cases where the request was denied. So he concocted a three page letter full of drivel about politics that have no bearing on the committees request.
They are going to get his taxes. He cannot do anything about it.

Remember when he thought he could get that book Fire and Fury trashed with a strongly worded letter from an inept Hollywood lawyer? Yeah this is more of the same.
edit on 462019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

The IRS doctored his returns? Is that what you are implying?
Yeah alright... what ev.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

So that only means they cannot publish the returns for public consumption.

They can still see them. In closed session.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

How is it not political? The FBI literally just got done investigating him for two years and went into everyone's personal and business dealings looking for conflicts of interest etc. and even charged several people for their unrelated business and personal financial dealings. They are basically saying "because orange man" we now think we can do a better job than the FBI.

I totally get wanting to see his taxes. Originally people wanted to see them to prove he either paid or didn't pay a lot, or whether he was as charitable as he claimed. Now you seem to feel it is about conflicts of interest, but to claim this is anything but political is asinine, but you are true to your name and back at it.
edit on 6-4-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

they have oversight of the president
its there job.
And the two year investigation did NOT look for conflicts of interest. They were looking for criminal activity.
What they found is that he was manipulated instead. Wow I know that makes me feel better. LOL

As long as you guys keep thinking this has to do with his paying taxes you will be forever behind the curve.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: Theophorus

What is Don hiding?

Same thing you are hiding. Please attach a copy of your tax returns so I can review them. Thanks in advance

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Well you say they can, because you want the answer to be yes. You might be right, but your political agenda takes over all you see.

I don't think they can, but hey time will tell.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
And the two year investigation did NOT look for conflicts of interest. ...

Care to source that. Oh yeah, you don't source things, just make them up and repeatedly refuse to source. Wishing doesn't make it so.

Face it, EVERYTHING you have claimed will happen hasn't happened. In fact the opposite happened. You should join the Dreams and Predictions forum where they have a similar track record.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hey, if he has nothing to hide (because we know he's squeaky clean) just release the returns like pretty much every president before him and put an end to this nonsense. Ditto his grades. By saying he'd release them and then refusing to he just makes himself look guilty of something.

Oh yea, and MiddleOfTheRoad… I'm sure just as soon as SillyOlMe becomes President she'll release her returns.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Wanna bet, that IF they get released to them, they will be leaked.

Right now, lets bet. No money, just HAHA! I won!

And it will be the Dems that leak it, but that's not the bet, just that they will get leaked.

And that's why the IRS will likely say no.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

No Congress has no right to tell the its to hand over anyone's tax returns.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Claiming this is political is a weak argument being used by his misinformed lawyer.
They are going to get his tax returns because there has never been an instance where congress asked for this and was denied.
They have oversight of the president and absolutely will obtain what they need to make sure there is no conflict of interest.
And he can not stop them. Doing so could very well look like some kind of obstruction. Oh I mean fighting back. LOL

Except, like always, you are mistaken because all you watch is fake news propaganda.

You might want to read up on Kilbourn v. Thompson, where the court clearly stated there must be a clear cause. That means they will need to say exactly why they want them and how they have legislative power related to that. Otherwise, they can't request it.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I say we all give up our right against unreasonable searches. I mean if we aren't hiding anything why do we need that right?

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Again, those are Senate rules you're citing. This isn't about the Senate, it's about the House of Representatives and The Ways and Means Committee, specifically mentioned in the cited law.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You mean the law the Supreme Court has already Congress is not all powerful and must have a specific reason that is within their scope to investigate. So now they just need to say exactly why they need them and what evidence they have for an investigation.

It's hilarious how you liberals are cheering for the government to trample and take away our rights.
edit on 6-4-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Chairman Reed Richard Neal listed specific reasons., and said exactly why they need to see Trump's tax returns. It wasn't a political reason, it was a constitutional duty of IRS oversight issue.

edit on 6-4-2019 by Sookiechacha because: Chairman Richard Neal

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Sure about that?

Reed said instead of forcing the release of Trump's or anyone else's tax returns, Congress should improve the financial disclosure forms that all candidates must file.

www.cnsnews.com...

Last I saw Reed was against it. Source?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join