It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Congress force Trump to hand over taxes ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Wait...was trump convicted of money laundering? I seemed to miss that bit...mind linking me an article about his conviction?

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Wait...was trump convicted of money laundering? I seemed to miss that bit...mind linking me an article about his conviction?

I think that's why they want to see his tax records; Part of an on going criminal investigation.

washingtonmonthly.com...
edit on 5-4-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
I think most people, including the vast majority of Trump's supporters, know that Trump is a crook and a tax cheat who has benefited from "rich white man's justice" his whole life. Many, on both sides, think he will continue to benefit from such justice.

However, I wouldn't want to be doing Trump's laundry in the days and weeks after Congress gets these returns. (If they get these returns.) Because that will be a very smelly and unpleasant job.

Then how do you explain the endless, costly, and defamatory investigations? If that’s “rich white man’s justice”, I’d like no part of it.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Maybe we shouldn't be investigating a millionaire that became a politician and start investigating politicians that become millionaires...

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: RickyD

I think that's why they want to see his tax records; Part of an on going criminal investigation.

washingtonmonthly.com...

Again!
As someone already mentioned, the #ing loon Dems on these committees are going to look at his tax returns and see that he laundered money, when the IRS....YES THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE!, you know the body that regulates taxes, hasn’t found anything like that since he has been filing taxes?
AGAIN! As someone also previously said, these deranged Dems couldn’t find their asses with both hands and a map.
And you Fantasy Island dwellers expect them to find money crimes that the IRS couldn’t or didn’t?
Dumb.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Sorry, that would be "insider information"

Fn' crooks, the whole lot of 'em

We need to just start our own non scam-coin currency and get back control.

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Edit

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Exactly right. President Trump says he and his businesses are audited by the IRS every year. It's an annual thing his accountants are always ready for, every Spring.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Exactly right. President Trump says he and his businesses are audited by the IRS every year. It's an annual thing his accountants are always ready for, every Spring.

These clowns are going to have sh!t on their faces just like Rachel Maddow did when she thought she had a scoop on his taxes, she found out he paid more in taxes than all the asshole politicians do.
How many times can these dumbasses shoot themselves in the feet and keep walking?

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

when the IRS....YES THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE!, you know the body that regulates taxes, hasn’t found anything like that since he has been filing taxes?

How do you know that?

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Executive - President
Legislative - Congress

Congress can only call an EXECUTIVE session to discuss EXECUTIVE activities and actions. Last I heard Trump hasn't made any executive activities or actions regarding his tax returns, so an EXECUTIVE session cannot be called by the LEGISLATIVE branch.

Hope that helps everyone suffering from reading impairment caused by TDS.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Citation needed.

ETA: Why don't the President's personal lawyers, and the White House lawyers know this supposed little factiod? Instead their insisting that the Chairman's motives are tainted?

edit on 5-4-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Hope that helps everyone suffering from reading impairment caused by TDS.

It won’t.
Nothing except a lobotomy would help them.
You know, removal of diseased, Liberal parts of the brain.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You'd just ignore it if I did, so I won't waste my time. The info is on the internet if you feel like educating yourself, however, I suspect rather than denying ignorance you'll continue to actively embrace it as usual.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Vector99

Citation needed.

ETA: Why don't the President's personal lawyers, and the White House lawyers know this supposed little factiod? Instead their insisting that the Chairman's motives are tainted?

Here ya go -

Senate gallery visitors may hear the majority leader request that “the Senate proceed to executive session.” What is an executive session? Article II, section 2, of the Constitution states that the Senate shall provide its “advice and consent” to treaties and nominations. The Senate holds executive sessions to consider these issues and other business received from the president.[b/]

The key words there are “Received from the President”
They have received nothing from him.

www.senate.gov...

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

That's the Senate.

We're talking about the US House of Representatives, and a law that specifically names The House of Representatives and The Ways and Means Committee. What law, parliamentary or House rules can you cite that state that House Of Representatives' Committees can't go into closed/executive session without the President's condonation?
edit on 5-4-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

You'd just ignore it if I did, so I won't waste my time. The info is on the internet if you feel like educating yourself, however, I suspect rather than denying ignorance you'll continue to actively embrace it as usual.

Why aren't the "President's Men" using this info! You should alert them that The House doesn't have the ability to go into executive sessions! Instead they're ignorantly attacking the Chairman's motives!

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Theophorus

What is Don hiding?

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
Stuff.

Tax returns.
College transcripts.
Overrules of security clearance decisions.

Golf scores.

edit on 4/5/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

that is incorrect
www.senate.gov...

Senate gallery visitors may hear the majority leader request that “the Senate proceed to executive session.” What is an executive session? Article II, section 2, of the Constitution states that the Senate shall provide its “advice and consent” to treaties and nominations. The Senate holds executive sessions to consider these issues and other business received from the president. Senate rules require that different journals and calendars be maintained for executive and legislative business.

Furthermore
www.senate.gov...

Section 2
The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.

edit on 5-4-2019 by dubiousatworst because: spacing

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: InTheLight
Stuff.

Tax returns.
College transcripts.
Overrules of security clearance decisions.

Golf scores.

lol ego and mistakes and perhaps precarious recovery without daddy's help.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join