It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Congress force Trump to hand over taxes ?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Yes in trouble again as it is against the law specifically for the president to make the IRS audit or not audit or to go after tax payers. There is a law specifically for this.
Its been quote already in this thread.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So you believe the highest court in the land is going to deny the law in favor of the president? Because of political party?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

New York and Virginia are both investigating him. And he cant influence or stop their investigations.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well giving the returns to congress doesnt violate any of that. They are still required to keep them private.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

They have oversight of the president.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

I didn't say congress audits taxes.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yes.
And I do not think it will go to the courts either.
The law is there and if the president tells the IRS not to comply he will be breaking yet another law so I doubt it will be denied.

The President doesn't have to tell them, Congress has to make a valid request. As of yet I see nothing where they have made a request based on a valid Congressional Investigation.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

They have oversight of the president.

They have oversight of the Executive Branch. Trump's tax returns 6 years ago have nothing to do with the Executive Branch oversight.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If I were Trump I would fight this, do my best to lose, then start proceedings to release the tax returns for all politicians in DC.

In fact, I kind of feel that's his goal with all this. He doesn't even need to lose a legal case. He could just turn round and say OK well now it's the law that every politician must have transparent tax returns.

Check. Mate.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Yes.
The law is there and if the president tells the IRS not to comply he will be breaking yet another law so I doubt it will be denied.

Breaking another law? Which law has President Trump been convicted of Silly? You were the one screaming that Secretary Clinton was never convicted, during the 2016 election, what laws has President Trump been convicted of breaking?

Nope no bias at all

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

keep holding on to that dossier, it will be important again soon
just not the way you think it will be

if obamas doj did not approve the russin spys entry into the usa then how did she get in with no visa?
why was obamas administration unaware she was a dangerous russian spy?

lol
it was a poorly executed set up
trump did not fall for it

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So what do you do when you can't win and get what you want?
The dems change the rules.
On an epic level.
www.nytimes.com...

To Get Trump’s Tax Returns, N.Y. Democrats Try a New Strategy

ALBANY — In an attempt to work around the White House, Democratic lawmakers in Albany are trying to do what their federal counterparts have so far failed to accomplish: to obtain President Trump’s tax returns. Albany lawmakers are seeking state tax returns, not the federal ones at the heart of the current standoff in Washington. But a tax return from New York — the president’s home state, and the headquarters of his business empire — could likely contain much of the same financial information as a federal return. Under a bill that is scheduled to be introduced this week, the commissioner of the New York Department of Taxation and Finance would be permitted to release any state tax return requested by leaders of three congressional committees for any “specific and legitimate legislative purpose.”

What a vile collection of people.
Their butthurt because of losing is EPIC.

It is all about power and these people have demonstrated they deserve none.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Yes.

Well it will go to the court and Congress will not see them, sorry....

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Well giving the returns to congress doesnt violate any of that. They are still required to keep them private.

If they leak them can we put everyone that had see them in jail? They will leak them for political positioning with no repercussions other than a "my bad", so they are once again just fishing for anything,,,

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

Yes.

Breaking another law? Which law has President Trump been convicted of Silly? You were the one screaming that Secretary Clinton was never convicted, during the 2016 election, what laws has President Trump been convicted of breaking?

Nope no bias at all

From my viewpoint, Trump orders his staff to break the laws, which failed with Ms. Nielsen when he ordered her to separate children at the border which is against the law, then claim he knew nothing about it. Old trick mob bosses use.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I am surprised you are not still droning on how guilty Trump is concerning Russian collusion and your faith Mueller had the goods? What’s your batting average on productions concerning Trump and the law?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I couldn't care less about Trumps taxes! What I really want to see is Obama's college and passport records, especially since he's spent over $4 Million dollars to keep them under lock and key and away from public scrutiny. If he's such a "Constitutional Scholar", what could he possibly have to hide or fear in those records? To spend that kind of cash just to conceal something as benign as college records, there must be something really damaging to him in there. And if we know everything about his history, why hide his passport records? It's important to know when you consider nobody from the school remembers him on campus, including instructors and professors. That's really bizarre .

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The President doesn't have to tell them, Congress has to make a valid request. As of yet I see nothing where they have made a request based on a valid Congressional Investigation.
Then you didn't read the letter to the IRS, or the law which it cites.

edit on 4/8/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Now that's funny the last president separated families and it wasn't an issue?? And now Our President Trump ordered it you say.

Sorry Joseph not buying it

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
a reply to: InTheLight

Now that's funny the last president separated families and it wasn't an issue?? And now Our President Trump ordered it you say.

Sorry Joseph not buying it

Oh, buy it because it is true...

The comparison to Obama’s policies is especially relevant now that the Trump administration is seeking to keep families in immigration detention for weeks or months. The reason that Trump can’t do that under a current judicial order is that the courts stepped in to stop Obama from doing it. Now Trump is trying to remove the shackles placed on his predecessor.

www.vox.com...
edit on 14CDT01America/Chicago05510130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join