It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Congress force Trump to hand over taxes ?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Then Trump is special? Special consideration with just him lol.... OK
Oh, he is special. So special that he doesn't voluntarily release his tax returns. Which is good reason to find out how the IRS policies regarding presidental filings are carried out.

What ya mean... source as in I do not like the direction we are going
I mean this:

Need to find that source,
What source? Or did you mean to say orange?

edit on 4/6/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

(post by Ksihkehe removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I could count all of them on no hands.

I don't know what IRS policy concerning members of Congress is, but apparently there is a policy for presidential filings to be automatically placed under examination (different from an audit). While the president is special in that he creates policy for the administration and can issue EOs and stuff, I think a similar arrangement would be in order for Congress.

Perhaps that's part of the legislation being considered.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Oh, he is special. So special that he doesn't voluntarily release his tax returns. Which is good reason to find out how the IRS policies regarding presidental filings are carried out.

Good reason... OK

What source? Or did you mean to say orange?

I just do not know what you are asking for, what source does congress have to demand his tax returns? I think you are right their source is orange man bad.

Can you convince me this is anything more than what I said that the left has no one to run against Trump so they are going for anything they can... anything..

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I just do not know what you are asking for, what source does congress have to demand his tax returns?

Is that the source you're asking for?
I've posted it twice in this thread and others have done so. But since you're special, here it is again.

(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation

Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee onWays and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I just do not know what you are asking for, what source does congress have to demand his tax returns?

Is that the source you're asking for?
I've posted it twice in this thread and others have done so. But since you're special, here it is again.

(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation

Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee onWays and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Reason??? Or we just do not need that anymore...

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The reason is provided in the letter of request. Posted twice. But since you're special, I'm sure you can find it.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I could count all of them on no hands.

I don't know what IRS policy concerning members of Congress is, but apparently there is a policy for presidential filings to be automatically placed under examination (different from an audit). While the president is special in that he creates policy for the administration and can issue EOs and stuff, I think a similar arrangement would be in order for Congress.

Perhaps that's part of the legislation being considered.

Neato.

Tell me again what it matters?

It doesn't and you ignored the part where I said I wanted to see all the tax returns. Let's see the returns for Trump and all the people in federal offices.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Tell me again what it matters?
I think that sources of income and debt matter when it comes to public officials. But this request is about finding out if the IRS is doing what it is supposed to be doing and how it is going about doing so.

It doesn't and you ignored the part where I said I wanted to see all the tax returns.
I did ignore it. I don't see how a law can stand that requires the tax returns of anyone to be made public (attempts to do so aside). Of course, there is nothing stopping anyone from doing so voluntarily. A bunch of presidents have done so.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The law was written, and passed, as a direct reaction to the "Teapot Dome Scandal".

So, any notion that this wouldn't apply to a president is absurd on its face.

This will not make Trump's taxes public. The law doesn't allow for that. In fact, it expressly prohibits that. But it will allow members of the committee to have them.

Of course, Trump did repeatedly claim he was going to make his taxes public and never did.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

How about you post your tax returns here on ATS?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

www.opensecrets.org...

Tax returns mean nothing. The Financial Disclosure shows their assets and liabilities not a tax return. He is a private citizen who runs a billion dollar empire. The one that leaked showed he paid his fair share in taxes.

An EO to require all of Congress to submit 10 years of returns would be nice...

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

The reason is provided in the letter of request. Posted twice. But since you're special, I'm sure you can find it.

Lets stop beating around the bush, what would you like? For me I think Trump has shaken things up, I actually like the vast majority of his goals. With that said, would he be good for another 4 years of the left freaking out, maybe not. You and I both know he will finish his 4 years, but it seems you want him to go down for some generic_01 wrong he has done. Is that good for the country, most likely not. Add in the horrendously bad line up the left is putting forth and Trump is still the better choice. Makes one see just how America is F up in the political spectrum.

I'll make my predictions now... Trump will do another 4 years. Not because he is so good, but because the left right now so bad...

edit on 7-4-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

EZ form for the last 20 years will not show us much of Silly... Easy to suggest one needs to show ALL when one has little...

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Sillyolme

Id be much more curious as to her/his/its mental records.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with forcing Trump to hand over his taxes. He has nothing to do with it. Certain congressional committees have the legal right to retrieve the taxes from the IRS of any American citizen, specifically the president and those at the highest level, to ensure accountability. That is necessary to protect America, to protect me, and to protect you. It cannot be done for solely political purposes, of course, but there is plenty of smoke emanating from Trump's taxes, so we need to put out the fire. Immediately.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It was not the university that made the law. I just picked it up there. I am sure there are plenty of other places where that law is published on the web.
But it is the law. Soooo good buddy. Feel free to look it up.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

No thats not it at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

As soon as Mexico builds that wall you will get them.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

The fact that so many people on his campaign were approached by Russians isn't enough to look into it? They were looking at Russian interference and whether trumps people were complicit.
So they found that the Russians did in fact interfere and the trump campaign was just a useful tool.
Lets see the rest of the report to know how dangerous that is.
And lets see why trump thought is was such a good idea to lie and have his team lie about it all.

new topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join