It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
While crusing the my bearshare the other day, I found a little gem called photoshop 7.0 .. I got it, installed it, and now have no idea what to do with it. Whats the possibilities here? Anyone familiar with it? Id love to make some avatars or animations.

JAK

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Adobe's Photoshop is an awesome piece of software.

The vast majority of avatars I have worked on, including the changes to yours, were made with Abode's Photoshop and ImageReady.

Here are a few pages you might find of interest:
Hope that helps some.

Jack

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I know its logic too but I find many people over look the help menu in the program...

I am always using it in photoshop to help me do what my mind wants to do..like changing the background of a pic to transparency or cutting out an image or touching it up.

bah ...it all doesn't help me though...I sucked at art in school and suck at art on the net...:bnghd:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
While crusing the my bearshare the other day, I found a little gem called photoshop 7.0 .. I got it, installed it, and now have no idea what to do with it. Whats the possibilities here? Anyone familiar with it? Id love to make some avatars or animations.

Sooo....you just admitted to piracy. Unless, of course, it said Trial on it, it did didnt it? Of course it did...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Ive been using photoshop for a couple of weeks now and cant do half the things the rest of you can with your avatars. I seem to have misplaced the instruction manual when i downloa... err bought the program.
Im sure in time i'll get used to it.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
No no no...of course it was a legal copy..geez..Im no criminal. .lol..

But it is confusing. I mean, gradience?? wtf is that? lol...im still playing. I think Ill BUY a copy of photoshop7 for dummies and let the learing start...

JAK---> Youve got a gift my friend. You better watch out, cause in 10 or 15 years I might be half as good as you! then your in trouble!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
JAK, roughly how long did it take you to master photoshop??

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well I broke down and bought photoshop for dummies..all 750 pages of it..lol...I suppose Im going to be gone a while now. Its an awesome program. The book is a big help to. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Now, I must go and alter pictures! Once Im good with that, then its on to avatars.

If anybody cares..get the book. Its 40 bucks, but its worth it...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
Well I broke down and bought photoshop for dummies..all 750 pages of it..lol...I suppose Im going to be gone a while now. Its an awesome program. The book is a big help to. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Now, I must go and alter pictures! Once Im good with that, then its on to avatars.

Practice practice practice...Try and change your avatar as often as possible to soemthing new that you've created....

I'm working on a thread idea right now, where myself, JAK or anyone else who wants will post an image created in Photoshop and then it will be the next poster's job to try and recreate that image using the same program...Perhaps adding their own little twist to it...See who can get the closest....

I haven't workd out all the details yet, but if you all are interested in such a thread to help fine tune your skills, then I'll double-time my efforts....

JAK

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
JAK, roughly how long did it take you to master photoshop??

Master?

Thank you for the compliment MickeyDee but I only started with Photoshop about a month after I became a member of ATS, so eight months ago. Prior to that I used Paint Shop Pro, but never for anything as detailed as some of the avatars I have made here.

To be honest my work came on in huge leaps and bounds because of Photoshop/ImageReady and everything they offer. For example the animated matrix image:

Was an idea I had in mind for some time, it was only when I got my hands on Photoshop and ImageReady (and a plug-in) was I not only able to make it, but with comparative ease.

To view some really stunning Photoshop work take a peek at Worth1000.com

PS: Good work on the Assimilating Photoshop Skills: The Copycat Game! Enron.

Jack

[edit on 4/3/05 by JAK]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Geeze I got my copy off limewire its no big deal if your a crimina. Embrace it and only then will you conquer it. Can someone post a lesson instead of posting links please?

top topics

join