It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old timer just wanted to have his coffee

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

So the actions of a few whackos that identify as "anti trump" makes the whole of the left?

That's like me saying that everyone that supports trump are alt right nationalists....

Wonderful logic OP.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
That woman seems like an old die hard punk rocker.

Punk ideologies
Although punks are frequently categorised as having left-wing, revolutionary, anarchist or progressive views, punk political ideology covers the entire political spectrum. Punk-related ideologies are mostly concerned with individual freedom and anti-establishment views. Common punk viewpoints include individual liberty, anti-authoritarianism, a DIY ethic, non-conformity, anti-collectivism, anti-corporatism, anti-government, direct action and not "selling out".

What gets me is that wearing a MAGA hat is far less confrontational then what the punk movement was trying to do. Of course making threats and getting into someone's face is totally confrontational. If this woman is so anti-whatever, then she should expect to get her ass handed to her every time she expresses her punk mentality. Her outrageous punk freedom of expression must be backed up by an expectation to get beat on once an a while or she is mere a "poseur" and not a true punk supporter. So if she cries about her decision to be a punk and the consequences that go with that, then she isn't a real punk and her punk associates would out her on that one.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

A few? have you been keeping track the last 3 years?

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: RazorV66

Just look at the smirk on his face too. Unbelievable.

Makes me wanna go get my drum and go right up in his face with it and drum the racist white devil right out of him!

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

A few? Clearly you haven't been keeping track the last 3 years.
edit on 5-4-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Yeah, many of my friends growing up were punk rockers, hell, from their FB posts they mostly still are. I'm glad to have known them, especially during the time that there was more racism in the small town I grew up in, but some of their ideals used to piss me off.

One of the things they used to love to say was that they "didn't see color". As a person with brown skin that used to annoy the hell out of me, and I would even tell them so. I don't want people to not see color, I want them to see it and not judge because of it. The world is a colorful place, so why blind oneself to it's beauty??

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Yes, it does. Just like wearing a MAGA hat makes one a nazi fascist deplorable with all the fun stuff thats been non stop hurled at them for years now.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

Yeah of both sides... And somehow I don't characterize all of them by the actions of a few. Amazing isn't it when true perspective enters the ring???

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Yeah of both sides... And somehow I don't characterize all of them by the actions of a few. Amazing isn't it when true perspective enters the ring???

Apparently not............because you dont have perspective, you have bias..........
Antifa
Christian school kids in Washington
Multiple older men attacked for wearing maga hats
Kids having their hats knocked off and threatened by an adult in a fast food joint
Kid having his hat stolen and cussed out by an adult by the buss driver.
Antifa attacking people in public
I could go on and on and on........this is a short list off the top of my head

Please........PLEASE tell me how many leftist were accosted for wearing a P&ssy hat?
Wearing a Bernie shirt?
Wearing Beto gear?

edit on 4/5/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

originally posted by: rickymouse
That woman is just delusional, her mind is weirder than her hairdo. She appears to be an older woman who is trying to look younger, I suppose she is trying to deceive the people who shop at the music store into thinking she is young and cool. Older people are often nuts too, in fact, I have known quite a few people who get weird in their forties and fifties.

Hey we might both be in Michigan but you don't know me so quit picking on me!!. I'm in the southwest corner it might be the Chicago smog blowing across. NOT MY FAULT!! I was born this way!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Hey, just because I am a Yooper doesn't mean That I have to beware of what I say about Trolls that live under the bridge

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

So the actions of a few whackos that identify as "anti trump" makes the whole of the left?

No, here's what makes the difference:

When the violent individual is right-wing, I see others (including myself) on both political sides calling them out for their violence. I condemned Dylan Roof... I have condemned David Duke on numerous occasions... I personally have taken physical action against Westboro when they were relevant.

When the violent individual is left-wing, I see those on the right calling them out, but quite a few of those on the left do not. Instead they try to distance themselves, claim the violence was justified because of the right, make excuses, or go back to the same argument that you just did: "Don't blame the left!" If you want me to believe that this piece of subhuman filth does not represent you or your values, try denouncing them instead of making excuses. Otherwise, you just verified my opinion that a large majority of those on the left actually support this kind of sociopathic, criminally insane activity.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

does not represent you or your values, try denouncing them instead of making excuses. Otherwise, you just verified my opinion that a large majority of those on the left actually support this kind of sociopathic, criminally insane activity.

Indeed.

(nothing else need be added)

edit:

Reconsidered addition.

Do we call this the thin pink line...
edit on 4/5/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

One of the things they used to love to say was that they "didn't see color". As a person with brown skin that used to annoy the hell out of me, and I would even tell them so. I don't want people to not see color, I want them to see it and not judge because of it. The world is a colorful place, so why blind oneself to it's beauty??
One of my best mates from childhood through primary and high school was black, his local accent was the same as mine, he identified as as English, not African English, just English. He had no connections with Ghana after loads of generations back, he is as British as I am.

I'm sorry if 'colour blind' as a term offends you but I couldn't give a toss what skin colour you have so effectively I am colour blind. I've loved and dated European, African, Asian, and Latino heritage girls in my life, skin colour makes no difference to me, nor to anyone I know.

It seems so divided in the US, black/white, left/right...and craziness over a hat lol, but in a nation of 300 odd million, there will always be a few nuts the media will find to exaggerate as if it defines your nation.
...oh and watch this space in Britain, Brexit is still up in the air and there are lots of angry people in my split nation.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

It only seems divided because we have the equivalent of a rise of the old KKK... but this time most of the hatred is coming from the left. In truth, hatred knows no political divisions. It only hates. Well, that and it gets news coverage here.

I still believe the majority of Americans are just trying to ignore it... I know skin color makes no difference to me. It's about as relevant as a birthmark, useful for identification but not much else. People are people, some good, some bad, most a little of both, and none of that has anything to do with hue.

Don't believe what the haters want you to believe.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Please........PLEASE tell me how many leftist were accosted for wearing a P&ssy hat?
Wearing a Bernie shirt?
Wearing Beto gear?

I wonder if you'll EVER get an answer to that question.

Shall we take bets?

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes, I imagine the overwhelming majority of US folk are just like the overwhelming majority here in Britain, working, paying bills, finding time with friends and family, and just generally getting on with each other.
The percentage of extremist nuts in both our nations is probably similar just maybe different issues, and your population is 5 or 6 times ours so we're bound to find more whack jobs to publicise in the US.

I think it is exaggerated on the internet as well

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

That woman is just delusional, her mind is weirder than her hairdo. She appears to be an older woman who is trying to look younger, I suppose she is trying to deceive the people who shop at the music store into thinking she is young and cool. Older people are often nuts too, in fact, I have known quite a few people who get weird in their forties and fifties.

Hey we might both be in Michigan but you don't know me so quit picking on me!!. I'm in the southwest corner it might be the Chicago smog blowing across. NOT MY FAULT!! I was born this way!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Hey, just because I am a Yooper doesn't mean That I have to beware of what I say about Trolls that live under the bridge

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Now you've done it. I see the ferry to Mackinaw island is open maybe we should meet there and , and , and do something stupid like the old days. Maybe wait till the snows gone.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

oh and you think this characterizes all of those who are anti-trump? Your logic is a joke. Do you really want me to name every violent act that was committed by someone with right wing extremist beliefs or that professed such beliefs???

No. I'm sure you don't because there's lists of shootings/ murders. But you'll deny that those people represent right wing beliefs...just like I said in my first post on this thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

And She's Calling Him a FREAK ?
What the Hell is wrong with people ?

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24302769]bluesman462002[/po
Lots of things are wrong, but hey it's "her town".? kinda weird when you don't have a job, and we are paying her taxes.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join