It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Senator calls Facebook and Google: "creepy, weird and sinister".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

GOP Senator: The more we learn, the 'creepier' Facebook, Google become.

Republican Senator Josh Hawley Missouri has introduced bipartisan legislation to protect children’s privacy online, grilled Google about its data collection, and slammed the FTC for its “toothless” response to Facebook and Google privacy scandals.

In an interview with Yahoo Finance, Hawley said Facebook needs to get the message that it’s not above the law.

And then we learned that they've been doing something else creepy or weird or sinister — and today's another example,” said Hawley.

Not sure how these giant tech firms have been able to fly under the radar for so long.

Or is it that TPTB have known all along and are actually in on all the data collection and violations of privacy?

Supreme Court lets AT&T immunity stand in surveillance case.

At first the George W. Bush administration argued the lawsuit would reveal state secrets, but a judge denied that motion.

The court sided with the Obama administration's lawyers, concluding that Congress acted within its constitutional power when it allowed the telecommunications companies to claim immunity.

This was a rhetorical question but it looks as though there may actually be some truth to it. From one administration to another all the way up to the SCOTUS...

Either way, it looks like a day of reckoning is coming... We can only hope.

Facebook companies see "server failure" on same day subpoenas issued over violation of privacy.

edit on 4-4-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I agree with this Senator, there is lot of weird and creepy stuff on Facebook. I don't see much sinister stuff being spread in my circle though.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Or is it that TPTB have known all along and are actually in on all the data collection and violations of privacy?

Definitely this

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Social media has become a drag on society. I'd like to see it all wiped out. Kids aren't social face to face anymore and they stay buried in their phones. Texting is for the birds, too. Sheetcan all the smart phones and bring back analogs.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Someone needs to forward him info on Lifelog. You know, the darpa/pentagon facebook like pilot program that was shutdown by congress the same time they made it private(Farcebook) to make it "constitutional"

I bet all these tech companies were funded by the "missing trillions"

Then we should look at the automotive industry "bailout" which appears to have funded a massive spy tech push in all our cars.

It looks like they literally stole tax dollars to fund spying against American citizens.

911 to the "patriot act", to Amazon and Google, maybe the entire silicone valley group, it appears they are at war with their own country, using the citizens tax dollars.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
hes not wrong, just try reporting blatant racism including calling for killing of whites and watch how they tell you it doesnt violate their T and C.

Or report a hate group calling for the beating of anyone conservative and get the same response.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Best post yet. Wish could give you more the one star.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Remember when Zuckerberg sat in front of a bunch of old washed up politicians and attempt to explain how the internet works to them, while he was actually there to explain something else?

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Definitely this

Agreed.

www.cbsnews.com...

It shouldn't be surprising, therefore, to learn that the CIA and the worlds largest ad agency network, WPP (WPPGY), have been in bed together on a social media data-mining venture since at least January 2009. WPP currently claims to own the world's largest database of unique individual profiles -- including demographic, financial, purchase and geographic histories. WPP's Visible Technologies unit took an investment from In-Q-Tel in fall of 2009. Visible Technologies develops tools that can scan social media networks such as Twitter and Facebook.

Google and CIA: old friends 
Are you seeing a trend yet? Google(GOOG) has been a partner with the CIA since 2004 when the company bought Keyhole, a mapping technology business that eventually became Google Earth. In 2010, Google and In-Q-Tel made a joint investment on a company calledRecorded Future, which has the Minority Report-style goal of creating a "temporal analytics engine" that scours the web and creates curves that predict where events may head.

edit on 4/4/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/4/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I tend to agree to a fashion.

After all it takes one to know one.

A fisherman sees another fisherman from afar.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm fine with google as long as they don't leak my nudes. Facebook should just go and bankrupt for me.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Anonymity and the digital age in which we live were never going to be synonymous just down to the very way in which our interwebs and networks function and operate.

Such is the world of our own creation.

Fact is true privacy is simply a thing of the past.

top topics

join